Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rodngun
enlighten us all "old wise one" and drop your stones and tell all of us what your code game stands for ....

Dude...it's 2010. Have you just awaken from a 25 year nap? Things change! Crying, belly aching, biotching, moaing ain't changing what it costs to hunt in Texas today. Maybe you'd be better suited to hunting some of that free federal land out West?

All American

All the time
GB1

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Good Grief - you must really be bored today -- is there not a lake to go to on Memorial Day- I myself just got through with my second heart surgery - so I'm on lockdown right now - and sitting in front of this Compewter is about all the hunting and fishing I'm gonna get for awhile---- Just curious - But why are you so Hostile ??? Its just a forum...I know ALOT of people that feel the same way I do - does not make me wrong or right !! But my service to my country -does allow me to talk about it ....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
no dog in this fight whatsoever
however I do sympathize with your frustration over the "codes":

GMAB= give me a break
GMAFB= give me a f_____g break
LMAO= laugh my ass off
STFU= shut the f____ up
DFTFT= don't feed the f_____g trolls

and many more acronyms meant to convey internet elitism, passive aggression, and in general get around the profanity filter.
Was in Texas last month for work, neat country in the spring. Good luck with your lease.

Charlie

Last edited by chas05; 05/31/10. Reason: fergot the " F"

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Damn - you mean I am going to have to learn the entire Phonetic Alphabet just to post on here .

Thanks for the "headstart" class Charlie -

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
rodngun,
no but it helps.
It also helps to remember a coupl of bromides,

Nice way..... Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and most of them smell.

Mind over matter...... I don't mind and you don't matter.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he's alway right.

Keep those simple thoughts in mind and it saves a lot of wear and tear on the fingertips as well as the keyboard.

I usually avoid at all costs, topics like

what's the best bullet in my ________ for________.

or , 223 for deer?

or hunting over bait

or hunting high fence

well you get the picture.

Best
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I hera ya GW-

I just didnt come on here looking to argue with the carnival people..I did that for 30 years - pretty much through with that mentality!
I clearly stated I was looking for comments and or opinions on the subject - I just took all the fun out of it when I would not get down to their Carnival level...just sucked all the air right out of em..LOLL
It was a rather amatuer attempt - and just didnt work.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Them horse folks can kiss my azz.... its public open to everyone... follow a few rules and you are fine. If your horse panics at noise, then you need to train it better. I've been on horses you could shoot bows and guns off of... thats the only kind of horse I'd own. pansy azzes.

Rules wise I hear ya, it just happened that this one helped a lot of folks out.

The bottom line to leases these days is greed. Pure and simple. You get what you can, and that usually always prices the common man out. A lot of landowners today care only about the money and nothing else and will sell you out in an instant.

We try hard not to let anyone know what we shoot, of course the lease I'm on I"ll probably be on my life and never shoot a good deer. Probably nothing over 120 would be my guess. The owner on this one I THINK.... knows we are good folks etc... and that means a bit to him, but wouldn't surprise me to find us gone one day, only seems that by buddies dad brings him sausage and home grown potatoes and such, and that keeps him tickled...

Pricing wise... 500 used to be it. 1000 doesn't seem so bad with inflation and such, but more than that just gets to be too much, its more like you are spending your vacation funds all at one place... once you figure fuel and corn and the lease it isn't cheap.

I've said before, I wouldn't be on a lease anymore if it were not for friends. Its certainly not for the hunting. I"d rather drop that 1000 plus or minus and go to CO,NM etc.... or AK every other year.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was first stationed in Texas, I was pretty excited. I had read and heard all the stories about the great hunting.

Then I saw guys charging 150.00 to 300.00 a day to shoot coyotes. That ended my desire to hunt Texas.

Beaufiful country for sure but for hunting, I just can't get into the whole "lease" idea.

Here in WI/Michigan, the lease idea is there but so small/unheard of - it just isn't part of the game plan.

If you shop and look, you can buy decent land for decent prices. Granted you aren't hunting 10,000 acres but you don't need to have that much space up here. My father, brother and I (and now my son) have a camp on 120 acres. We hunt that and another 120 down the road. The experience is still amazing every year.

Me

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Yes Sir - totally agree !!

Somerville is a Corp of Engineer lake - I dont think they can ban us from use ???? -I may be wrong .Dont know about you - but there is 2 guys come out of Austin - 1 from Navasota- and 2 of us from C/S...I cant every remember seeing more than two of us at any given time on the water...I did learn from Flores and the Feds that they dont bother checking Airboats when they come back to the ramp - becuz they know "we" pretty much got our sheet 2gether when on the water and duck hunting !!Man told me that himself...

I dont go around hollering about the Yaks with no lights - The jet ski's or the cigar boats - they wake me up all the time...

Theres only one guy that has no ethics or etiquette when at the ramp ect etc ..and he has a big azz RED airboat ..even I would like to get my hands on that fella !!

I'm in the market for some 454 headers - used is fine..

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good on you teal. The important thing is to get afield.

I'm raised here and have family and roots. I am used to the lease thing. Works for me.
Best
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Truth be known..I can hunt the entire state of Texas...from North to South to East and West - I'm retired from the
Dept of Criminal Justice - I can hunt for free the rest of my life - just like I have for the last 30 years -

But I like having a lease too- I hate whats been going on in our state - and the route that hunting is going !! Thats why the post - Just trying to see how many people are just as pissed off as I am.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
we sold our ranch in 08 when my parents found out my mom had cancer. they made a 1000 bucks a acre on it which was good because they needed that cash to help with her treatments.my brother found a lease about 20 miles from our old place. he paid 2600 for it and that goes towards the down payment when he buys it next year. theirs three of us hunting on it. its a small place little over 100acres but its in the middle of three large ranches and there's no fence on three sides and the one side that does is a 4 strand barbwire fence. the owner also owns one of the larger ranches and his brother owns one and the brother in law the other so they have been managing the deer for a while. good thing is he'll let me hunt hogs and coyotes on his place if i want

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
havent' seen the red boat yet... I kinda wanted to show my banded pintail to ..... dang can't quite think of that GW's name... he has a sister to our lab.... But he waved and was off to check crappie fisherman...

They check my boat almost all the time but I think its cause I hunt with a long haired friend, and also a young nephew.. man they grill them.... don't ask to see much if anything from me but I show all the required stuff anyway.

There are a couple of local lake airboats too. And 3 that I"m aware of from La Grange.

Can we be banned? Yep sure can. I don't see it though.

What I'd actually agree to is some kind of decibel level that we could attain easily... say 100... and that would name ALL noise, not single one thing out..... I don't want to see that but life changes.

Headers... check Southern Airboat for sure! I'll have some at some point when I swap motors but I'm still a year or more out from that I think. Of course you never know... I want a 2.68 Stinger and 3 or 4 Super Wides so bad I can taste it...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
There is 3 of us who just retired - we are looking into just "outright" buying some property 2gether..we are geting to damn old to drag stuff from one lease to another every 4- 5 years and none of us want to hunt on state property -
long story -

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by rost495
havent' seen the red boat yet... I kinda wanted to show my banded pintail to ..... dang can't quite think of that GW's name... he has a sister to our lab.... But he waved and was off to check crappie fisherman...

They check my boat almost all the time but I think its cause I hunt with a long haired friend, and also a young nephew.. man they grill them.... don't ask to see much if anything from me but I show all the required stuff anyway.

There are a couple of local lake airboats too. And 3 that I"m aware of from La Grange.

Can we be banned? Yep sure can. I don't see it though.

What I'd actually agree to is some kind of decibel level that we could attain easily... say 100... and that would name ALL noise, not single one thing out..... I don't want to see that but life changes.

Headers... check Southern Airboat for sure! I'll have some at some point when I swap motors but I'm still a year or more out from that I think. Of course you never know... I want a 2.68 Stinger and 3 or 4 Super Wides so bad I can taste it...

Well I'm sure we could be banned- but what would be the justification- then again the Feds dont need one..

I'm getting ready to go to a CH2 2:1 - this first boat I got is a Direct Drive 454 all Edlebrock with a 750 - it will turn a 78x56 clean - but has hell coming out of of muck - when its been sucked down for a few hours..hell getting out of some saw grass too..My buddy runs a Panther - 454 2:1 and goes were he wants to go when he wants to go ..Thats my summer project - soon as I get my doctors release.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have you run to flag pond dry when there is no water in the cut for half the way? With the 2x1 and 454? Dead dry grass I could see it working. Green grass in teal season, not so much....

Wished I could do things quicker here, I"d give you a deal on the 2x1 Franklin belt thats on my 454 right now..... Can't afford the stinger until I fix the caddy boat and sell it.... and thats a year off....

DD was fun, and got me stuck up Yegua once... PVC to the rescue.... no more DD after that.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260Remguy, 59 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,908
Posts18,518,596
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.