Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NathanL
I wasn't aware that any citizens lived in Hudspeth county....just kidding. I haven't looked up the population but I bet 50% of the population is related to the sherrif.....maybe smile

Not quite that bad.

There's not many people living in the county though, and it's a big county.

That's where we ranch in Texas. So, now you guys can see some of what we deal with along that stretch of border.
Basically, I never leave the house without at least one AR 15, and my Colt 1911, and plenty of fodder for both of them. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That clip was great, but did anyone see the one with Jon Voight in the sidebar? Go Jon!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/apreport#p/a/u/1/k6jJQNixuHA

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Good stuff!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

PS A major part of the problem is US drug prohibition. It puts fantastic amounts of wealth under the control of organized crime (just like alcohol prohibition did). With fantastic wealth comes the corruption of the police and government, which is driving Mexicans to cross the border. The only way to pull the rug out from under this dynamic is to legalize all drugs. The fact that police and government here so strongly resist this is strong evidence that the corruption has become strongly entrenched here as well.

WTF? No the way to stop it is to start shooting drug smugglers and sellers in the head immediately after being caught in the act.
Not going to happen. Tyrannies have little trouble effectively outlawing recreational drugs precisely because they can use the tactics you recommend, but in a society like ours it won't work. We've seen, over the past fifty years or so the best our society is capable of doing in eliminating recreational drug use.

Next thing ya know you will be huggin' BHO>>>>>>

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Hawk ---- Please 'splain " recreational drugs " .
Drugs not used to treat medical conditions.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Perhaps I don't closely enough follow current events. Has he recently adopted the constitutionally strict constructionist view vis a vis ending drug prohibition? I frankly doubt it.

POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, WOW!!
How many more people are going to have to speak out before the 'sheeple' see the truth??

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps I don't closely enough follow current events. Has he recently adopted the constitutionally strict constructionist view vis a vis ending drug prohibition? I frankly doubt it.

Obviously since you don't follow the big government mindset of republicans, elkhunter76 felt it necessary to cast dispersions on you to conceal the true nature of what he supports.

As always, can anyone provide info on any shootouts over turf between alcohol distributors in recent years?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go away douchebag troll...........

Last edited by elkhunter76; 06/19/10. Reason: forgot an accurate descriptive term...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like another nail hit squarely on the head.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sheriffs - at least the patriotic ones will be the early leaders and organizers of Constitutional militia. They are in the position to perform this function better than most anyone else.

Godspeed to Sheriff West.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JasonB
Sounds like another nail hit squarely on the head.

Yep I nailed it on the head perfectly...Go away "douchebag aka JasonB" troll...........You want to go bear hunting?

Last edited by elkhunter76; 06/19/10.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
In the 60's and 70's it was often said drugs are a victimless crime and they don't hurt anyone but the users? Well April Fool dumb ass'. There's a lot of collateral damage.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
alcohol is not victimless, and neither is drug use

but you can eliminate or drastically reduce the criminal element out of either enterprise

lots of folks got shot during prohibition too.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, I keep asking for stories on Miller vs. Budweiser distributor shoot outs as they attempt to establish market areas and no one can give a link to anything of the sort and instead resorting to insults and various BS claims.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to interrupt a good shoot-out, but I've never heard of "Oathkeepers" until this thread! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, OP! I'm yahooing the group now for more information!

For once, a loophole that is in favor of all of us: The Sheriff is the man in charge, and not Barry!

JasonB, the war of alcohol ended when the 26th amendment was repealed, the casualties continue to climb. My youngest sister (only 18 at the time) was killed by a drunk who was fueled up by a bar in July, 1993. My oldest sister (only 36 at the time) was killed by a drunk who was fueled up by a bar in December, 1998. Territory shootouts? No. Dead victims? ... yes.

Personally, I don't want it any easier for my son to get crack or LSD than it already is. Laws just keep HONEST men honest, they don't make honest men. When alcohol was illegal, there were people who had never tried it. I'm trying to think of anyone I know who HASN'T tried it, now. Drugs would be the same. Making alcohol legal just made it easier for Matthew Broderick to get off scott-free after killing a mother and her young daughter.

I'm stepping off my soapbox, now.

Last edited by CAPITALIST; 06/19/10.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Obviously since you don't follow the big government mindset of republicans, elkhunter76 felt it necessary to cast dispersions on you to conceal the true nature of what he supports.

Dang dude. If you are gonna troll in other peoples threads, at least try to make sense while doing it. smirk

Geezus.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excellent video evidence of the calamity that is our southern border. God Bless and Protect all the folks who are on the front lines of this mess.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

Dang dude. If you are gonna troll in other peoples threads, at least try to make sense while doing it. smirk

Geezus.

Not trolling, just pointing out someone didn't have an argument so he tried to cast apersions on TRH.

And thanks for the tip. Anytime I had ever heard that phrase used it sounded like cast dispersions and I am fairly sure I have read books that had it incorrect as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
Not to interrupt a good shoot-out, but I've never heard of "Oathkeepers" until this thread! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, OP! I'm yahooing the group now for more information!

For once, a loophole that is in favor of all of us: The Sheriff is the man in charge, and not Barry!

JasonB, the war of alcohol ended when the 26th amendment was repealed, the casualties continue to climb. My youngest sister (only 18 at the time) was killed by a drunk who was fueled up by a bar in July, 1993. My oldest sister (only 36 at the time) was killed by a drunk who was fueled up by a bar in December, 1998. Territory shootouts? No. Dead victims? ... yes.

Personally, I don't want it any easier for my son to get crack or LSD than it already is. Laws just keep HONEST men honest, they don't make honest men. When alcohol was illegal, there were people who had never tried it. I'm trying to think of anyone I know who HASN'T tried it, now. Drugs would be the same. Making alcohol legal just made it easier for Matthew Broderick to get off scott-free after killing a mother and her young daughter.

I'm stepping off my soapbox, now.

I've been hit by a drunk too. Since the complaint revolves around crime that comes from trafficking drugs I specifically asked if there was any recent shootouts where alcohol distributors were trying to secure sales areas which seems to be a resounding "no".

I would ask for a link to info showing there were people who were prevented from ever drinking alcohol during the short time period of prohibition, but after your claiming 18 is no longer the voting age or that somehow that amendment had anything to do with alcohol distribution or use I'll just assume it was trying to inflate your argument.

And I would be in favor of banning alcohol again just to see the effects it would have on the nation's hypocrites. It would be bloody (as it was before) but overall it would be worth it.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 12savage, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,171
Posts18,523,652
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.