Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
because right or wrong, a lot of people feel that the escalation among border crossers are because of the illegal drug trade.

kudos to the sherrif, and the people of that town.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
How in the hell did this come to "Legalize Drugs"? Pathetic!
I know you're smart enough to see the nexus. You can't fool me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll give my thoughts on this, illegals looking to jump the border and they don't have anything on them, put 'em on a bus, send 'em home. Drug Mules and Coyotes, shoot the bastards where they are found! Seriouosly.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'll give my thoughts on this, illegals looking to jump the border and they don't have anything on them, put 'em on a bus, send 'em home. Drug Mules and Coyotes, shoot the bastards where they are found! Seriouosly.
Hey, I'd be 100% in favor of building the great wall of China right along the border with machine gun nests built into towers every two hundred yards from which to blast anyone crossing into a no man's land leading up to it which would be clearly marked.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Organized crime does not effect me personally... user crime does as I have about 3 to 5 robberies on my vehicles/work equipment a year, all for pettily stuff they sell to buy. My brother was a meth addict that stole over 20,000 from our family business and it took me 6 months to make my Father admit my brother was doing it and he had a problem. My Father wanted it to be that my Son and I were using the materials on our projects instead of my brother doing work unknown and ordering materials without paying. He knew it really, just wanted to deny rather than admit he had a user Son. It about broke the family up. My sisters calling, crying, blaming themselves for living out of state and not being there for him... like it would have made a difference.

When my Father asked me to please do something to save my brother, the money didn't matter. I told him only if I have complete control and no more enabling.

I kicked him out of the business, all suppliers were told to not accept orders except me or my son. I kicked him off of living on the family property, he had to live in a camper out in the desert. I told him he had to get clean for his two sons and for himself. I told him one bad thing or two good things are going to happen, the bad thing is he will do something to end up in prison, the good things are he would get clean or die.

Oh how my family thought I was making a mistake, put him in rehab or something... rehab has a 3% success rate.

Not long after my brother asks me for help... I say I will get him clean if he is willing to do it for his sons... he agreed. I took him and his camper up to the mountains to my elk camp, food for a week, boat/fishing poles for the lake and left him. After two weeks I gave him gas for his truck and money for food in a small town close by. In a month he was able to have his son here go see him and at two months he was able to function somewhat when we did have elk camp with all our friends as usual.

He has been clean for 4 years... it was the hardest thing I'd had to do in my life up to that point. He is back in the house in front of my Dad's property, his 19 year old son lives with him. Everything is good there.

His older son came to see him this last summer and we all went fishing up there again.

[Linked Image]

These drugs are not 'recreational' they are destroying. Doesn't matter what they cost, 20.00 legal or 100.00 illegal a hit, users can't function in the workplace so have to steal to use. That's the crime that effects me, theft and violence from users. The true cure is too much for feelgooders to stomach, so we have to have a preventive as well as punitive approach. Punitive only for crimes committed from recreational drug use would be 1 strike and you're out, or it's a revolving door, like DUI, except much more property and violent crime.

How do you reconcile this in the workplace. No drug testing, that would be a personal rights issue with legal substances. Just let the safety of your employees and your companies productivity/future ride that wave? It'd be like congress, those people are on something for sure.

Why are prescription drugs exempt? seems your argument would apply and any 15 year old could buy steroids.

If drug users were personally responsible enough to only harm themselves, I'm all for it, stupid negating itself is a plus. Not the case though.

Seems some here are as confused as a three peckered puppy, on reality.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you Kent for a dose of reality!!

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OUTSTANDING Kent and a job WELL DONE.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Looking at the crimes committed against me personally.

1 skidloader (tractor), multiple flatbed trailers, 1 truck, power equipment, hand tools.

Most likely 100% illegals, as I found 1 trailer in an illegal's yard loaded with roofing materials on a tip from a framing contractor and one other time some of my stuff was recovered by police, also from illegals. The rest gone.

Our vehicles have had the widows broke and cheap stereos yanked out, garage broken into and strange which items were taken and some good ones left. My brother and his drug buddies stealing the companies money, and weirdest one of all was Elliot...

I was having stuff missing from my truck, once I forgot my bow in the back seat when I got home and the next day when I looked for it I couldn't find it, looked all over the house and called my buddy, who's house we had been shooting at the evening before, but no bow. I seriously thought I must have put it on the toolbox of the truck and drove away having it fall off. This was two weeks before archery season. The same morning I found the pulley puller I had under the seat of my other truck sitting on the back bumper. Asked my son why he got it out and left it where it would fall off, he said he didn't, my wife said she didn't. A week later I get in my truck and the glove box is open. I'm getting the idea someone has a way into my trucks without busting windows.

Comes late elk season, day after thanksgiving and I go up to help some guys, when I get in the truck at 3:00 am the glove box is open but figure the wife was looking for something. After hunting the morning I take a nap in my truck and there's a buzzing going on. after it woke me up the 3rd time I start looking and it's a phone in my console on vibrate. Now my son-in-law had went with me shooting the day before and I figure he left his phone. Nope not his... I finally figure it out.

When I get home I show it to my son and he goes through some texts and say's, guy's named Elliot and a tweeker. So I call 'Pops' on the list and it's Elliot's Dad, we have a long talk and I setup a meeting with Elliot and his Mom as he was a juvie. I maybe should have turned it to the authorities but some things a guy just has to work out himself. I scared the hell out of Elliot, he denied it of course... two heroin addict girls stole his phone, blah, blah... I told him and his Ma that I have all his contact info, there had been alot of car breakins on my street, not just me, he better hope those girls quit or the police will get that info... I also preached to them about my brother and how a family has to step up to the challenge of drug use.

So the drug use crime is equal with the illegal alien.

On one side someone is trying to legalize illegals and on the other someone is trying to legalize drugs... both telling me that crime against me as I know it will disappear if it happens... Stick that philosophical BULLCHIT up your A, they will steal just because they are here, we're not responsible for 'making' these people criminals, they will be in any environment that coddles them.

Kent

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My sentiments exactly.....shoot to kill the second they step on US soil.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider

My sentiments exactly.....shoot to kill the second they step on US soil.
I've never had a problem with that, but get real. Not going to happen. Must address the motivation for their coming here, i.e., the illegal drug trade, the welfare state, and citizenship if they drop a kid here.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
You know, I wasn't being rude. I didn't get into the arguments or name-calling. I also didn't say "hit" by a drunk; I said "KILLED BY" as in never to be seen again, 50% of my sisters and 25% of my siblings now GONE because of DRUNKS. There doesn't have to be shootouts for people to die.

Do you think it really matters to my family whether it was an alcohol-trafficker and a bullet, or a drunk with a Chevy Van, or do you understand that either way, innocent people DIED? This was my ONLY point. Either way, if drugs are legalized, there will STILL be countless dead, annually. No guns required.

Inflate my argument? I'm guessing everyone except you understood that I messed up and referenced the 26th amendment while meaning the 18th. My mistake for assuming you read content.

I never said people were prevented... I said, "Laws just keep HONEST men honest, they don't make honest men." During prohibition there were people who, because it was illegal, never tried alcohol. Once again, try naming anyone today who hasn't tried alcohol. Drugs, eventually, will be the same way. BOY THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR.

I DON'T want it to be any easier for my son to get drugs than it already is. Period. No underlying, ulterior, or otherwise unstated intention. No mud-flinging necessary. I'm not nor have I ever been part of the "powers-that-be", I just don't want illegal drugs legalized. Making them legal just takes one charge away from prosecutors when they kill someone while under the influence.

About about damn near got killed by a drunk driver, make you feel better? Their trunk sheared off on my windshield.

Actually I do know people who at least claim to have never tried alcohol. Perhaps you need to try hanging with a different crowd.

I know what you typed, it isn't my responsibility to figure out what you meant.

Why don't you change your name to Nanny Stater?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
� The only way to pull the rug out from under this dynamic is to legalize all drugs. �

If that were fully and truly logical and realistic, it'd apply equally to rape, murder, robbery, burglary, etc.

No, in each example you listed you have an identifiable victim from the start. When someone consumes any drug, including alcohol, you don't have a victim in and of the act itself.

Of course there is potential, but the little appendages dangling between your legs indicate your potential for committing rape. Think they should be removed so the Nanny Staters can feel safe?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Maybe we can now look at steering this conversation towards it's original thrust,...that of The American County Sheriff's clear cut authority to mobilize Constitutional Militia, and Posses.
I'd REALLY like to hear how that particular concept floats in other parts of this GREAT Country of ours.

Speaking of floating and sheriffs....

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/06/1...e-for-trying-to-rescue-13-year-old-girl/

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How in the hell did this come to "Legalize Drugs"? Pathetic!
I know you're smart enough to see the nexus. You can't fool me.

You're too fuggin' STUPID to miss the point that several of us are trying to make.......

And dreaming that what "You Believe" makes a FRA.

I'm with Les,.....HTF did this derange off into "Legalize Drugs".

TRH,....you and this "Blarto" look like a match made in heaven,....you and he need to set up housekeeping, maybe buy a farm, and settle down together.

BOTH of you azzwholes dislike me, and both of yuz' claim to have me on "Ignore"......I only WISH you would both DO so.

I don't see that, ....not one bit.

Les is right,...this is "Pathetic" defined,....Hawkeye.

clean up yer' act.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JasonB
Maybe we can now look at steering this conversation towards it's original thrust,...that of The American County Sheriff's clear cut authority to mobilize Constitutional Militia, and Posses.
I'd REALLY like to hear how that particular concept floats in other parts of this GREAT Country of ours.

Speaking of floating and sheriffs....

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/06/1...e-for-trying-to-rescue-13-year-old-girl/

Why not SPEAK about totally pathetic Circus clowns that regularly get tossed off of Conservative , Second Amendment oriented websites for a while,....

....Blarto ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
BOTH of you azzwholes dislike me
No, rather, it is you who doesn't like me. I've felt a kinship with you from day one, agree with 98% of what you say, and share most of your opinions. I've never understood your aggression towards me, and was very reluctant and slow to return it in kind. At a certain point, however, it became so extreme that I decided to place you on ignore. What "ignore" means, in practice, is that I don't have to see your posts, but can easily do so if the topic seems particularly interesting. I can also choose not to do so. Doesn't mean that I cannot see your posts. Just gives me greater control than if you were not on ignore.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� The only way to pull the rug out from under this dynamic is to legalize all drugs. �

If that were fully and truly logical and realistic, it'd apply equally to rape, murder, robbery, burglary, etc.

No, in each example you listed you have an identifiable victim from the start. When someone consumes any drug, including alcohol, you don't have a victim in and of the act itself.

Of course there is potential, but the little appendages dangling between your legs indicate your potential for committing rape. Think they should be removed so the Nanny Staters can feel safe?

Victims and legalized substances...

little over four years ago...

So my Mom is in her last days from 2 years of bone cancer, we had a house across from me for her and my blind stepdad so I could help, I administered the morphine much of the time. The last straw was her hip broke as she was just laying in bed... already in the hospice program she was taken to a nice facility to be monitored for her last days.

My sisters came from Honolulu and Huston, my brother with his habit wouldn't come see her.

Last day... a Saturday, we spent most the morning with her and she was in an induced coma for the pain. We all decided to go home for awhile and eat, rest. We get a call that evening that she was going fast and maybe had a few hours left. I call my brother and tell him he has to be there, no is not an option.

My sisters are in the little car and my wife and I are in my truck. At the first light we are side by side, me in the right lane and allowing them to go ahead in case they want to get over. As we reach about 40 miles an hour my sister driving the other car swerves left into the on coming lanes, luckily no one was using them. I suddenly see why as a car is turning head on, then left right in front of me. I have a split second to jerk my truck following the car so I hit it in the engine compartment instead of the passenger door. My heavy diesel truck just demolished the front end of that car and knocked the motor out onto the ground. I'm thankful it was me and not my sisters in the Kia tin can that hit that car.

The driver was a woman alone, no seatbelt, taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries. Was high on both alcohol and prescription drugs, two legal substances.

The police hurried as fast as they could to release me because of my Mom and My brother was there when I arrived, my Mom hung on even in a coma until I got there, she passed 10 minutes later.

What's the odds the driver would have made that disastrous turn if sober, how am I still not a victim because of recreational drugs... It's the F'n drugs that are dangerous. I doubt the cartel will break into my house and kill me but users are trying to, legal or not.

Now add the situation that I'm being moved out of my hunting areas because of the cartel and drug runners... well now I'm getting it both ways and had enough from both sides...

I have been a victim many times and ways, all are over illegals stealing because that's what they do or drug users for their reasons... and I'm suppose to support legalizing both... to those who think I should... F off.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you drink alcohol KRP?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BOTH of you azzwholes dislike me
No, rather, it is you who doesn't like me. I've felt a kinship with you from day one, agree with 98% of what you say, and share most of your opinions. I've never understood your aggression towards me, and was very reluctant and slow to return it in kind. At a certain point, however, it became so extreme that I decided to place you on ignore. What "ignore" means, in practice, is that I don't have to see your posts, but can easily do so if the topic seems particularly interesting. I can also choose not to do so. Doesn't mean that I cannot see your posts. Just gives me greater control than if you were not on ignore.

I think he is just trying to get a certain political party back in power. Could be wrong, but I have seen his tactics used in the war on guns and the bail outs. Bitch and bitch when the dem's do it, but total complacency when the rep's are doing the same.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Do you drink alcohol KRP?

"Mind your own Business" is really NOT part of your vernacular, Is it?

WTF are you,....Ann Landers,.....?

GTC

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,190
Posts18,523,942
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.