-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hook, which ones are you using since we're in the same boat on the weather thing? BG

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I've been using Muck chore boots and their Arctic model for a few years now. I like them a lot but have 2 legitimate complaints; they don't breathe and take quite a while to dry unless you use a boot dryer and second, the shell is not tough, AT ALL! They snag and puncture pretty easily.

I wore mine yesterday because I had some work to do out in the back field and it was raining off and on. I got one puncture just from brushing up against a tine on the roto tiller. The other puncture was legit. While swing a machete with wet hands, I slipped and sent the tip of the blade into my left shin. It went through the boot and my pants before punching a hole in my leg. When I rolled down my boot there was already a blood stain on my pants about as big as a tennis ball. Turned out to not be all that bad.

I don't think the much fabric offered much protection from the blade, but I'm thankful for the protection it did offer!

All in all, I like Mucks. They have their limitations, but I spend a lot of time in them every fall and winter.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Them 'chetes work on limbs don't they? I tried to cut my leg Sat while working on a deer stand. Lucky I missed as I was only wearing cutoffs.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Cutoffs? That gives me a little shiver to think yow bad that could have turned out.

I got really lucky and I know it! I saw the blood spreading and for a minute there, I was pretty worried. Once I saw the cut though, I have to wonder how so much blood got through that little gash.

That's one hole in my Mucks I won't be complaining about.

Last edited by bruinruin; 06/28/10.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's sounding to me that most folk like them and would work well for close-to-home day hunts, but might not be a good idea for a serious guided/fly in hunt.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AMENNNN to that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
It's sounding to me that most folk like them and would work well for close-to-home day hunts, but might not be a good idea for a serious guided/fly in hunt.

IMHO, ya gotta have a way to dry them at the end of the day. If you can do that and keep from tearing the shell, I think you'll do pretty well with them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I really like mine. I've used the Woody Max for several years here in Texas and on caribou hunts in Quebec. They are comfortable enough to wear all day and have always kept my feet warm and dry.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.mbogo.net
(281) 494-4151
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The best price that I have found in Canada is at Peavey Mart. I prefer the rubber boots made in France over the Muck's.

"After consulting an RCMP forensics expert, the federal tribunal officially published its verdict online this week, decreeing that Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, is definitely not a replica firearm."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i got a pair of wetlands and i like them, except for the fact that im solid 10.5 so the 10's are to small and the 11's are to big.

FJB
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I have the same problem. There is a huuuge jump between 10 and 11.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by schoolmarm
Hook, which ones are you using since we're in the same boat on the weather thing? BG

Marm, I'm pretty sure the type I have is the Trailblazer. They are camo and about 17" tall. They aren't the heavily insulated version.

I believe you would like them over in MS. In fact, I was hunting outside of Winona, MS, when my buddy watched me taking mine off and decided then and there to get some. He did later punch a hole in his as related by some others here on this thread, but mine have held up very well. I have also not had the problem with my feet sweating but that may be because I try not to walk a lot while wearing them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i have had these for 3-4 years, warm, comforatable, waterproof, no issues and SNAKE PROOF!

http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Woody_Armor_Premium_Hunting_Boots_p/sbrmobu.htm

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man that sounds like the ones for me.. Several have stated that theirs have a problem with holes. Thanks. BG

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
kevlar reinforced ....... good thing

*This product was tested by personnel from Clyde Peeling's Reptileland using widely accepted test methodology. The boot was filled with inflated latex balloons that fit directly into the interior of the boot surfaces. A 5' Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake was allowed to strike various portions of the boot. There were seven solid strikes to the toe and six solid strikes to the side. In no event did the snakebite penetrate and break the balloon when the boot was struck up to the top of the rubber overlay. Additional manual testing produced no noticeable penetration to any areas of the camouflage-patterned portion of the boot. This test is useful for general guideline purposes. Norcross Safety Products L.L.C. cannot assume liability for injury resulting from the use of this product as protection from snakes. The wearer must assume responsibility for any injury incurred while using this product.

Last edited by SAKO75; 07/04/10.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another BIG plus for Muck boots!

I've been wearing a pair for about 8 years.

I hike 3 miles twice every weekend, and always wear my Mucks when it's wet out, and in western Oregon it's wet alot!

Can't do the math, but I've got lots of miles on 'em.

I put Super Feet insoles in mine. They're just as comfortable as running shoes, for me.

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As many have mentioned concerns with holes and tears in the uppers, I am starting to lean towards these.

http://www.muckboots4sale.com/Muckmaster/

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Another BIG plus for Muck boots!

I've been wearing a pair for about 8 years.

I hike 3 miles twice every weekend, and always wear my Mucks when it's wet out, and in western Oregon it's wet alot!

Can't do the math, but I've got lots of miles on 'em.

Which ones?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by schoolmarm
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I have a pair that I have had for at least 5 or 6 years. They are due replacement, but they have given me good service.

Which model?

Been using the other brands for years and wanted to try Muck Boots. Which ones for down south in our warm to slightly cold with no snow winters?
Marm, I've had great luck with plain ol' Cabelas hunting boots for several years, and the muck over here is mighty close to the muck over there in Mississippi. I sent one pair back for a mis-fit problem, and they replaced them no questions asked except for why I was sending them back. I've never had a leak problem with a Cabelas "waterproof" boot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Supercub,

Not sure which model mine are. They're solid black with some insulation in them.

I know that my feet have never gotten cold in them, even when hiking in snow.

The store where I bought them only had this one model back then.

I must have 300 to 400 miles on mine, and will buy another pair when these give out.

Virgil B.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 1minute, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,973
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.