Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rosco1
A guy steps up and say's he'll be right back...Goes to the truck and gets his 7RM, and shoulders the big sumbitch!! We all looked at each other with a WTF look on our face, then busted out laffin...it dropped him, fast!

TFF, whatever's handy!

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
well, most of us ASSUMED a head shot at least!

B
BMT Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

T'was a bullet test.

Was it a tsx?

Did it way over-penetrate on the Bull?

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by ImitatedOften
Mebbe a Rat 3pt makes Crosseyed & Crockett?!!?.............

Chuck went down south last year and he said that he saw an unbelievable amount of 4pt mule deer standing on the side of the road. He called me on his cell he was so amazed. His wife shot a 4pt on public land, and he passed on many 180's in hopes of a 190+. Why can't KC kill a 4pt?

Unless that was on the Henry mountains, I'd take it with a pound of salt..

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BMT

T'was a bullet test.

Was it a tsx?

Did it way over-penetrate on the Bull?

BMT

Core-lokt!

IC B2

B
BMT Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Deadliest Mushroom in the Woods, er.. . . Barn.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wyoming, somewhere.. I've seen the video of the hunt too. Crazy amount of bucks. Can't believe anybody living within driving distance wouldn't have at least a few 4pts. Hell, guys on this forum get good ones every year!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not trying to call a guy I dont even know a liar..but I bet the truth was stretched a bit smile ...180 muleys dont come in great numbers anywhere, but ya, a 4 point aint all that hard to come by. He was prolly in a good draw area to boot, cant drive to WY and buy a tag anywhere big bucks live! (as a non-resident anyway)

Last edited by rosco1; 07/29/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Talked to an old hunting pard who lives in Northern Utah the other day. He's killed more than a few over 30 inches. Says there is a monster bigger than any thing he's ever killed within 2 miles of his suburban home. Know way he'll pull a tag for years to come.

In Oregon that same buck would be poached in a week.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm in northern UT, the Wasatch front has some giants on it..Its archery only, but its a tag you can get every year.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not trying to call a guy I dont even know a liar..but I bet the truth was stretched a bit smile ...180 muleys dont come in great numbers anywhere, but ya, a 4 point aint all that hard to come by. He was prolly in a good draw area to boot, cant drive to WY and buy a tag anywhere big bucks live! (as a non-resident anyway)

Maybe I got the horn scores mixed up in my head then. I'm not too familiar with Mule Deer scores. Just looked at their pics on FB, and his wife killed a pretty nice 4pt, and he was holding out for a bigger one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in northern UT, the Wasatch front has some giants on it..Its archery only, but its a tag you can get every year.

He ain't a stick flicker, so I guess he doesn't have a pray.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Maybe I got the horn scores mixed up in my head then. I'm not too familiar with Mule Deer scores. Just looked at their pics on FB, and his wife killed a pretty nice 4pt, and he was holding out for a bigger one.

It would be like me saying I came to POW and seen so many 100" bucks, that I was holding out for a 110", just to put it in perspective..

Which is possible I guess, but very unlikely!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mebbe a Rat 3pt makes Crosseyed & Crockett?!!?.............

Chuck went down south last year and he said that he saw an unbelievable amount of 4pt mule deer standing on the side of the road. He called me on his cell he was so amazed. His wife shot a 4pt on public land, and he passed on many 180's in hopes of a 190+. Why can't KC kill a 4pt?

Passing many 180s.. road hunting, in Wyoming? Right.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sam, let me know next time you're on hog or cow slaughter duty, I know somebody with skills.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Are you telling me there aren't 180 bucks behind every tree in Wyoming Greenhorn?

Why, here in Idaho they are as common as 90 lb kings in Ship Creek in downtown Anchorage.

Pissing contest aside, KC's buck isn't one many let walk on public land in the west I assure you.

Last edited by iddave; 07/30/10.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by BMT
Never gave Beef Baiting a thunk,but you IS onto something there.................

Place the can where you want them to fall. smile

BMT

We'd simply waltz the victims to the upper pasture,gun 'em and grab hold with a backhoe...then hang in the cold room...........

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Poor old dumb K-She,she tries(at everything).

Her Rat avatar Buck is funny in a fullsize pic,but she's thus far only been brave enough to hang it once and it really didn't have the "affect" she was hopin'..............(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Her Rat avatar Buck is funny in a fullsize pic,but she's thus far only been brave enough to hang it once and it really didn't have the "affect" she was hopin'..............(grin)

So -

The trophy makes the hunter or what?

He who kills the biggest bull/bear/ram/buck has the biggest tool?

Telling - in a most freudian kind of way.

Here is news - one must not be tall to be grand. There is hope for you, yet.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by cmg

So -

The trophy makes the hunter or what?

He who kills the biggest bull/bear/ram/buck has the biggest tool?

Telling - in a most freudian kind of way.

Here is news - one must not be tall to be grand. There is hope for you, yet.

Poor,poor K-She...she likes to flap her gums about all sorts of things and is troubled with reading text to boot. Though in fairness,it all adds up,to some First Rate Humor.

I'd be unable to formulate an extrapolation,that would allow the smallest to hang with the biggest,of any Species. But hell,I'm all ears and would dig your attempt at sugarcoating that one.

K-She is the biggest tool and it don't matter what she shoots,though if you wanna giggle,get her to say something in the firsthand about rifles and such. Hell,even SHE knows better!

Here's a tidbit,talk is cheap...just ask K-She,it's the only "results" she's afforded. Couple/few puns there.............

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 15 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,833
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.