Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I think we need to cook something simple and indigenous to the entire country. I'm still thinking hotdogs, as there are thousands of ways to work around them and the main ingredient would probably be donated for the right cause. (You can cut a raw one up in little strips and serve it with mustard.) laugh laugh laugh

=============

Yard bird....million different ways! Or,fowl of your choice.

Last edited by isaac; 07/30/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sage grouse..........

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It seems to me that folks using native/indigenous ingredients are going to know how to put the magic on better than those using ingredients different from what they are used to where they're from. As such, I vote that some day we critter cookers get together somewhere with stuff we've brought from home. Then, with a dozen pits, smokers and whatever going, everyone cooks several of their best dishes with whatever they choose. Then, we set up a panel of judges. Over the course of a weekend, everybody present gets totally rocked, lets their guard down, belly laughs, shoots the breeze with folks they thought they hated and would never get along with, and of course eats to-die-for vittles until about popping. The judges burn their scoring cards to get a 4:00 am impromptu firepit going. The winning team will be....

Everyone.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hmm....

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
sage grouse..........

on a stick.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good question. What would we cook? They don't have real barbecue anywhere but Texas, so that's out.

How dare you go and post fighting words like these while I'm on vacation. wink. Just bring StanV with you and any team I assemble is a shoe in to win. wink grin

Bring those gals too!!

I do like your idea of feeding the troops. We've been doing the below for years. It's a big deal, however. You're feeding a ton of people. Maybe somewhere in Alabama?

http://operationbbq.nakedwhiz.com/

http://www.operationbbq.com/

http://www.americanspiritbbq.com/

I say:

Butts
Ribs
Brisket
Chicken
Anything Butt
Dessert

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I was wonderin' where you were. That was just for you. I'm not afraid of big deals, as long as we have time to prepare. I'm working rght now and only have a minute, but we'll talk more, okay?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We were shark and flounder fishing at Garden City, SC. Even soaked a crab pot with some menhaden/mullet which yielded about 20 nice blue crabs and netted about 4 lbs of shrimp. We never paid for any seafood!!!!! cool

Talk at you soon!!

David

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lhonda
It seems to me that folks using native/indigenous ingredients are going to know how to put the magic on better than those using ingredients different from what they are used to where they're from. As such, I vote that some day we critter cookers get together somewhere with stuff we've brought from home. Then, with a dozen pits, smokers and whatever going, everyone cooks several of their best dishes with whatever they choose. Then, we set up a panel of judges. Over the course of a weekend, everybody present gets totally rocked, lets their guard down, belly laughs, shoots the breeze with folks they thought they hated and would never get along with, and of course eats to-die-for vittles until about popping. The judges burn their scoring cards to get a 4:00 am impromptu firepit going. The winning team will be....

Everyone.

You have obviously never tried to cook or eat a sage grouse....especially an old bomber grin Anyone that could make one edible would be a magician!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the beauty of coon ass cooking. Cooking something and make it great that normally you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot stick.

I have tons of recipes handed down that start off

Take one..

gasper goo
buffalo
gar
turtle
shoepick
nutria

You get the idea.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
You won't get any takers. With the exception of ND, yankees can't cook. wink

Come on up to camp, or my house JM.... You'll be fat as me in a week. I can cook some, but my Yankee wife is something else. You won't want to leave.....Hell you, stay, I'll leave. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
no, no, no. Pasties is good food!!

Damn it, now I want a stupid Pasty and I'm 300 miles away from the iron range where I can actually get a decent one.

I'm heading up the shore to swat grouse this fall. I plan to stop and get me some in Two Harbors. Might have to stop at Betty's for a chunk of pie too. wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by teal
That is a hot dog.

That's what Texans call Brats - I got to San Antonio. Saw the menu said "brats" and got a damned hot dog.

They never can figure things out in Texas.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by teal
That is a hot dog.

That's what Texans call Brats - I got to San Antonio. Saw the menu said "brats" and got a damned hot dog.

They never can figure things out in Texas.

Just wait til the Skins show up for the first Superbowl in THEIR new dome! That will have them scratching their heads.. cool

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can fix a Finish 7 course meal, pasty and a 6 pack

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

My pig in a pit would be right up there with the best.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

My pig in a pit would be right up there with the best.

Surely you can't expect that words alone will buy any props with this crowd. We need pics, otherwise it never happened, Spano...

wink

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't see any losers in a cook off like this....especially the judges and troops. That being said if its down to hot dogs/brats or whatever ya wanna call them, Michigan will be tuff to beat with some of the best polish/german markets in the country plus Kogels Brand hot dogs....surely Les remembers Kogels.....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does it count if I get my cajun Mom and MawMaw to cook for me?

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

If I posted pictures I would have everyone of you at my door holding me at gun point until I did a pig for you.

Maybe I'd even have to throw in sides of my Tripod Leg of Pork and a cauldron of my world famous baked beans.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,190
Posts18,503,409
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.