K
Climbed high... looked far

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A massive Manzanita drenched in rain...

[Linked Image]

Somehow I was reminded of Geronimo... a man that had just had enough.

The Mexicans gave him that name when he came to kill those that murdered his family. They couldn't kill him with guns even when he was reduced to a knife... It was said his spirit was so strong no bullet could kill him... and it was true.

I... am Geronimo

Kent

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nice pictures - - out scouting for mulies -- ??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very nice krp

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Geronimo

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some nice guns have been attributed to him over the years. The Walter Hill movie about him is a good one, even if it focuses on the white eyes.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not exactly a guy I'd sit around with and share a bottle of whiskey!

Nice pics.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DARBY
Nice pictures - - out scouting for mulies -- ??

Ha, Josh gave me your message... he got it right I think. My spot struck out for a 'Grande' Coues.... Bear, Elk, turkey and a coues doe was all. We'll keep looking for him, he's a great young man.

Couple more weeks till serious Mulie scouting.

Originally Posted by SamOlson
Not exactly a guy I'd sit around with and share a bottle of whiskey!

Nice pics.

Geronimo was friendly at first until the Mexicans killed his family and then White settlers started pushing his tribe off their land... Bet He'd be a hell of a guy to talk with, whiskey or not... I'd like to.

Kent

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by krp
Geronimo was friendly at first until the Mexicans killed his family and then White settlers started pushing his tribe off their land... Bet He'd be a hell of a guy to talk with, whiskey or not... I'd like to.

Kent
Imagine if he'd had a Ruger 10-22 and a crate of ammo.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
He was hell on wheels with a knife, he used to say he just 'killed Mexicans with a rock' and he did.

Old age and just being tired defeated him, not the enemy.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apache blood is a good thing for me I think. My grandfather was 100% Mescalero. I often wonder if that's why I am a good hunter and tracker.
I really enjoy seeing that poster of Geronimo and some of his warriors with Homeland Security under it!

Nice pics Kent!

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like to give him a big knife, a lot of rocks, and put him back on the border today!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
krp;
Thanks for sharing the photos of your part of the world, it is very beautiful. At some point in my life I hope to take the drive to see it.

Thanks again for sharing the scenery and stay safe out there Kent.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
The only thing that scared an Apache was a Navajo, one of the most peaceful tribes to whites, probably because no one wanted their land at the time. Anyway it is said if a Navajo wants to kill you, they never stop till they do or you kill them.

I would rather sit and talk with an Apache more than a white eyes, they are quick to laugh and their singsong voice strikes a chord.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Indians, in my eye, are the only race of folks that can truly say that the white man [bleep] em.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That's sure some fine country.I can understand why Geronimo fought so hard to keep it.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Like to give him a big knife, a lot of rocks, and put him back on the border today!

I think we should give the Chiricahuas back to the Apache and Enrique as chief... would stop the illegals lickity-split... just say'n

Enrique, I was thinking you may not have to buy a permit when we fish on the Rez... being a cousin and all.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If ya'll EVER get the chance,....Hike up into "Cochise's Stronghold",.......

there's a LOT of magic up in that area, and it's a great place to kick back and read some local history.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

When Geronimo died ... (drunk in a ditch on the side of the road) the doctors finally got a look at him. It is said that he had at least 50 bullet woulds across his whole body. It is true bullets could not kill him.

The US Army could not catch and keep him ... he finally surrendered and was under arrest for 20 years at Ft Sill Oklahoma. They let him out when he was old and feeble and not considered a threat. The cement floor in the cage they kept him in is wore down from him walking around in a circle.

Back in the day he would kill Mexican's and scalp them and have their scalps turned in to the US Army as Apache scalps for the reward $'s. Then use the reward $'s to by guns and ammo to use against the US Army.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
These pictures are from on top of the 'Rim', though I am within a few miles of the White Mountain Apache reservation, another one of my annual haunts during elk season.

I haven't been to the Chiricahuas in a few years and feel the pull to go back, maybe in January during archery deer season... the magic is definitely strong there.

Kent

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have drawn 3 tags in unit 23 ... I really like that below the rim hunt. The little town of Young is a neat place. Nice country but not enough water for me !!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,914
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.