Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guy's are being too hard on the Beave. smile

Last edited by okok; 08/06/10.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Man, are you guys reaching.

Nope, you're just sore-assed at cops for not getting to be one.

Keep it up, though, as watching you death spiral is morbidly entertaining.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okok
You guy's are being too hard on the Beaver. smile
The foulest words ever spoken on national TV. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys are not getting (or pretending not to get) the very fundamental difference between a dog park (an enclosure where everyone is presumed to understand that dogs are running loose and roughhousing) and walking your dog on a leash in an area where loose dogs are a violation of the law. When you take your dog into a dog park enclosure you are presumed to understand there's a risk of a fight, and to be willing to cooperate with others in breaking up such fights without resorting to deadly force. Not the case with walking your dog elsewhere. No one is presumed to have agreed to any such possibility when on a walk with their dog. Night and day. Not even close. Man, are you guys reaching.

I dunno, these dog parks sound like a menace to society. It sounds like Michael Vick could have saved some grief by simply opening a chain of commercial dog parks.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
You guys are not getting (or pretending not to get) the very fundamental difference between a dog park (an enclosure where everyone is presumed to understand that dogs are running loose and roughhousing) and walking your dog on a leash in an area where loose dogs are a violation of the law. When you take your dog into a dog park enclosure you are presumed to understand there's a risk of a fight, and to be willing to cooperate with others in breaking up such fights without resorting to deadly force. Not the case with walking your dog elsewhere. No one is presumed to have agreed to any such possibility when on a walk with their dog. Night and day. Not even close. Man, are you guys reaching.

I dunno, these dog parks sound like a menace to society. It sounds like Michael Vick could have saved some grief by simply opening a chain of commercial dog parks.

Now, that there is a multi-million dollar idea....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
All police should be held to a higher standard than the civilian because police have special privileges that the civilian does not.

thought you lived in Montana.....you really need to get the [bleep] away from Helena....the bureaucratic stupidity is catchy i swear.....either that or they drop their brains off with ingwe's dogs grin

in Wolf Point, Montana i coulda shot the dog and the cops wouldnt give me a ticket, discharging a firearm within city limits or not.....i really know why i stay out on the flats as much as possible....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Returned home last evening to find a stray pit bull-X trying to dig a cat out from under the machine shed and another cat dead on the lawn. 257'bob and 120gr Nosler played rough with him! The SOB - I never even buried it - took him out in the pasture and threw him on a log pile - the crows and flies can finish it.

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Returned home last evening to find a stray pit bull-X trying to dig a cat out from under the machine shed and another cat dead on the lawn. 257'bob and 120gr Nosler played rough with him! The SOB - I never even buried it - took him out in the pasture and threw him on a log pile - the crows and flies can finish it.

Johnny $
Would you be my role model?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

Johnny $
Would you be my role model?

Hawkeye,
Actually, I'd rather have shot the dumb schit who dropped him off. I never want to kill someone's pet. It was obvious that this beast had been collared most of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been chained to a clothes line post in some dick's back yard and they just decided to get rid of him by taking out in the country and kicking him out of the vehicle. I hate, really really hate people who do that.

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler
All police should be held to a higher standard than the civilian because police have special privileges that the civilian does not.

thought you lived in Montana.....you really need to get the [bleep] away from Helena....the bureaucratic stupidity is catchy i swear.....either that or they drop their brains off with ingwe's dogs grin

in Wolf Point, Montana i coulda shot the dog and the cops wouldnt give me a ticket, discharging a firearm within city limits or not.....i really know why i stay out on the flats as much as possible....

laugh laugh laugh

Helena is different alright, that's why it's the capital.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for the record my sister lives in East Helena, works in Helena......my original statement stands as written grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spent three years at MSU(Bozeman) and never even visited Helena.
laugh

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

I would love to know what these special privileges are. I have, apparently, been missing out all these years.

BTW folks, look to the above statement if you want to know why cops feel the need to look after each other. You can't have it both ways: It's the same standard across the board or we're a "special class" and are going to watch each out for each other.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

I would love to know what these special privileges are. I have, apparently, been missing out all these years.

BTW folks, look to the above statement if you want to know why cops feel the need to look after each other. You can't have it both ways: It's the same standard across the board or we're a "special class" and are going to watch each out for each other.

George

i know most the local cops cant go out and have a drink at the bars on their off hours in civi's without getting constantly harassed.....course it is a small town and uniform or not ppl know yah.....done a trip or two with the police chief to the next town over to sit and bowl and drink a beer cause he cant go out and relax at home....

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I won't have a drink in public within two towns of where I work. It's not worth the headaches.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I won't have a drink in public within two towns of where I work. It's not worth the headaches.

George

plus 1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Plus I won't eat a donut in the state....lol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

George

I only drank at home or at other LEO's residences. As is common, cops tended to hang out with cops.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
When lawyers sense cops having a bad day or they just seem down in the dumps, we sometimes let them hang out with us for a little while!! It really does seem to help.

My kids and neighborhood folks love it when the Harley riding coppers I represent roll up in our driveway pulling their best Ponch and Jon. My kids like the guys and the neighbors think I'm getting shackled and taken away.

I guess I've been most fortunate. Cops have been a positive influence in mine and my kid's life. They get benefit of the doubt as a rule,with me!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
When lawyers sense cops having a bad day or they just seem down in the dumps, we sometimes let them hang out with us for a little while!! It really does seem to help.

Yer right Bob, we need a good laugh sometimes! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 9 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,901
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.