-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As Va stated, some DO have a gun to their head. After that the drug takes care if itself.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
With a daughter out there, and a wife here, and good pard's daughters who I care about as my own...

Knowing, seeing, living in/around/near what's out there.... often FAR too near....

And, folks wonder why I don't sleep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, sometimes a good jackbooted thug is what is called for.....

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wanna guess how much you and I pay for the care of these losers on a yearly basis? How about the burned ones when their labs blow up? Not many of them have insurance and even fewer will ever go on to be contributory citizens.

Talk about some dead end sad sheeit.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
As Va stated, some DO have a gun to their head. After that the drug takes care if itself.

Excepting the minority that are forced, what insanity grips people they would want to take this drug? I can maybe undertsand folks who already hooked on something else, but how does it jump from generation to generation within a family?

Its not that common in the UK, but there was one case where the son was on it, and before the year was up, so was the mother and father. And this was an ordinary working family, not the scum you normally associate with drugs..

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a whole collection of photos of people before and after meth use. Why anyone would touch the stuff is beyond me.

Faces of meth

Of course all the "before" shots are mugshots as well which may be a pretty good indication of why.

Last edited by NathanL; 08/17/10.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Working in the oilfield here I've seen it way too many times. It doesn't have any boundries. We had a guy we previously fired put his 6 month old son in the ditch by the road because the "sloth people" came over the radio and told him to do it. The same guy came back trying to get a job once he got bailed out. Had it been in a different setting he'd probably had his azz kicked more than once before he made it off our property.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
excuse my ignorance, but what causes the scabs on the faces? is it just on the face or the whole body? That chit scares me to death with 2 teen daughters to worry about, especially with how quick people apparently get hooked.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It starts with mild "Chlor-Acne", induced by the poison

They nervously PICK at themselves, chronically, for hours on end,.....and it's some repulsive and grotesque behavior to see.

Some of these bastards can be VERY dangerous, the scabs don't slow em' down a bit.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
excuse my ignorance, but what causes the scabs on the faces? is it just on the face or the whole body? That chit scares me to death with 2 teen daughters to worry about, especially with how quick people apparently get hooked.

I believe the scabs are caused by the user's incessant scratching. For whatever reason, one of the side-effects of meth use is people literally gouging holes into their flesh.
Awful.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
excuse my ignorance, but what causes the scabs on the faces?
============

The chemicals in the drug. If you would like a prime example of what it can do to one's brain, read Hawkeye's and DD's posts!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The maggots... they're everywhere... they where crawling on the windows, the walls... under the skin... scratch them out... shave the head... spray raid on myself...

Look,Look... there they are, all over the concrete forms...

I look and it's sawdust...

My brother, I stuck him up in the mts in a camper with food and a fishing pole four years ago... He's a 3%er now.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The maggots... they're everywhere... they where crawling on the windows, the walls... under the skin... scratch them out... shave the head... spray raid on myself...

Didn't hear maggots but "worms".
Crawling not only everywhere you mention but under the skin. Many ointments and de-worming meds later, doctors still couldn't help them. They swore they could see them moving under the skin, and once in a while one would poke it's head up through the surface and give them evil looks. Eventally the worms went so far as to speak to them. There was also DEA agents up trees all through the neighborhood spying on them with binoculars and walky-talkys.

I was totally unaware, before hearing about this couple's plight, that the drug had hallucenagenic tendencies.

Simply amazing. It's the drug from hell.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The picking that causes the scabs and holes in the user's skin are the result of "meth mites"; the user believes there are tiny bugs under their skin, and they are trying to dig them out.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yep, the nerve impulses from the drug makes it feel like something crawling under the skin, hence the scratching to dig them out, shaving the head, pesticides.

For my brother it was maggots.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Meth is bad in NE, but it was worse before the State cracked down of people selling #10 jars of pseudoephedrine at every convenience store.

The husband of a woman who I used to work with is in the Fed Prison system for cooking meth and having a firearm while doing so. He was a regular middleclass guy, a general contractor who fell on hard times and turned to cooking meth to pay his bills. The income was so great that he stopped contracting and started cooking several batches of meth a year. He had so much $$ that he was buying everything in sight. A bigger house, then a house on a lake, then a couple of jet skis, then a big ski boat, then a cruiser, just more and more and more. But there isn't any excuse for manufacturing drugs and I'm glad that he went to prison. It tore his family apart, but nobody forced him into the business.

The people who own the farm on the next section north of my FIL's home-place had to burn the house down after some guys broke in, nobody was living there, and cooked meth. The chemicals are hazardous and the cost of cleaning them up would have been more than the old house was worth. That prompted my MIL to tear/burn down all of the farm-steads on her farms, install center pivot sprinkler systems, and farm them fence to fence.

Jeff

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
With Meth there is one bad thing or two good things that is going to happen.

The bad thing is you will go to prison.

The first good thing is you will get clean... 3% chance

The second is you will die...

Kent

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by isaac
excuse my ignorance, but what causes the scabs on the faces?
I'm curious also. My younger yrs I did a little drugs (not meth), but never got scabs or lose teeth like the addicts of today's generation.

I can't fathom any rational explanation why someone would get addicted to meth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rational is not part of the equation. These people are suicide cases,if there is such a thing as a slow suicide.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bubbajay
no excuse for anything she has done, but how old was she when mom and dad pushed her to far into skating, 3 maybe 4 years old? What ever happened to her being a child, instead of skating she should have been playing with dolls, pretending to be a princess, and just being a little girl. sometimes mom and dad try to live their dreams through their kids. I don't know the entire story, nor do I really want to know, but it sure seems like a lot of these young atheletes end up fu*ked up. Just my .02

You are assuming she didn't like skating? A whole lot of kids who never got forced into sports started using meth for a various array of reasons. Our daughter was very active, she played soccer, baseball, ballet, piano lessons, she got all the trips to Disney, the SC Beach Bordwalk, she was a straight A student through Jr. High. Within one year she was cutting class, stealing from her parents, doing pot and meth and picking her scabs.

In our case we found out two years later, she was bi-polar and this led to self medication. Once we got the bi-polar problem diagnosed and treated, the meth use stopped cold turkey. Three years later she has not wandered off her medication.

I tell you this becasue there is no one reason to understand, or parents to blame. All our daughters had wonderful childhoods, to jump to that kind of conclusion is unfair to the parents at the least.

Not trying to jump you over your opinion, rather offering you an alternative point of view to consider for future thought.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.