Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone here own a rental? Do you know what it'll cost you to clean it up if a renter runs a meth lab in the bathroom? It takes a hazmat cleanup crew and a LOT of money.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Barkoff;

Wow.....

Don't know what else to say....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
excuse my ignorance, but what causes the scabs on the faces? is it just on the face or the whole body? That chit scares me to death with 2 teen daughters to worry about, especially with how quick people apparently get hooked.

Well that is truly one of the symptoms that shows you how poisonous that garbage is.

The sores are not caused by the meth, they are self inflicted by the user scratching the itching the meth causes to the face. My understanding from talking with my girl, was that there are no sores visible, just and itch to scratch until the user scratches themselves raw, and then scabs.

Whoops, I see that was answered.

Last edited by Barkoff; 08/17/10.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Anyone here own a rental? Do you know what it'll cost you to clean it up if a renter runs a meth lab in the bathroom? It takes a hazmat cleanup crew and a LOT of money.

Yep, BTDT!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
The maggots... they're everywhere... they where crawling on the windows, the walls... under the skin... scratch them out... shave the head... spray raid on myself...

Didn't hear maggots but "worms".
Crawling not only everywhere you mention but under the skin. Many ointments and de-worming meds later, doctors still couldn't help them. They swore they could see them moving under the skin, and once in a while one would poke it's head up through the surface and give them evil looks. Eventally the worms went so far as to speak to them. There was also DEA agents up trees all through the neighborhood spying on them with binoculars and walky-talkys.

I was totally unaware, before hearing about this couple's plight, that the drug had hallucenagenic tendencies.

Simply amazing. It's the drug from hell.

" There was also DEA agents up trees all through the neighborhood spying on them with binoculars and walky-talkys."

Yup, and once one gets on to that tendency towards hyper diseased paranoia, it makes it REALLY easy to [bleep] with their creepy minds,or whatever's left of same.....if and when a nest of em' shows up in YOUR district / neighborhood.

Think phony cameras, blinkin' LEDs and a variety of chirpers, and buzzers, Black cutout silhouettes that pop up (Monofilament line activated) and than scuttle away through dry grass on dark nights,.....The occasional million candlepower spotlight / landing light,....and one of my favorites, The old monofilament, catgut, and rosin "Growler" attached to their wall. Predator call tapes are good ( most of these creeps are pavement pounders, just hiding rural). Put up a large , well made sign with a Hypo, reading "Caution, Addict Crossing".

My neighborhood is Meth Addict free zone now. I intend for it to STAY that way.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/17/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Still curious because reading your post I would assume that EVERYONE that is using Meth is only doing so because a gun was held to their head and they were forced to take it.

Again, seems we just can't hold an individual responsible for their actions. Lots of folks on here talk a big game but they are nothing but typical liberals.

Scott, you hit the nail on the head, NOBODY is held accountable any more!!! If your a superstar in sports and get into trouble, it's you agents, parents or neighbors fault. Tiger Woods got in a bit of trouble for playing hide the sausage a bit to freely so he has a disease!!!! Disease my A$$

As Scott say's, knowbody is holding these folks down and forcing them to do the drugs their doing...Be Accountable damn it!!!!!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by bubbajay
no excuse for anything she has done, but how old was she when mom and dad pushed her to far into skating, 3 maybe 4 years old? What ever happened to her being a child, instead of skating she should have been playing with dolls, pretending to be a princess, and just being a little girl. sometimes mom and dad try to live their dreams through their kids. I don't know the entire story, nor do I really want to know, but it sure seems like a lot of these young atheletes end up fu*ked up. Just my .02

You are assuming she didn't like skating? A whole lot of kids who never got forced into sports started using meth for a various array of reasons. Our daughter was very active, she played soccer, baseball, ballet, piano lessons, she got all the trips to Disney, the SC Beach Bordwalk, she was a straight A student through Jr. High. Within one year she was cutting class, stealing from her parents, doing pot and meth and picking her scabs.

In our case we found out two years later, she was bi-polar and this led to self medication. Once we got the bi-polar problem diagnosed and treated, the meth use stopped cold turkey. Three years later she has not wandered off her medication.

I tell you this becasue there is no one reason to understand, or parents to blame. All our daughters had wonderful childhoods, to jump to that kind of conclusion is unfair to the parents at the least.

Not trying to jump you over your opinion, rather offering you an alternative point of view to consider for future thought.

Barkoff,
That is quite a story.
I assume your daughter is doing well(off the meth) now?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Barkoff;

Wow.....

Don't know what else to say....

Well you know it was a tough time, but we got through it. My wife has the bi-polar in her family but but she herself never was afflicted. We spent months treating the drug abuse only to find out that was a symtom, not the illness. Only when she became full blown manic did doctors recognize her symptoms were other than drug induced.

I know many think the whole bipolar deal is nothing but an excuse for poor behavior, but those who witness its fury know otherwise. It really is no different than calling dementia an excuse to forget what you don't want to remember.

I assure you guys I only speak about it becasue it is so awful, and maybe some poor dad might reflect upon my experiences if needed in the future. My daughter would be plenty pissed if she knew I was discussing it on a forum.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bi-polar is the mental health problem from hell, just like meth is the drug from hell. But the meth can be avoided.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have to deal with a few bipolar ppl that refuse to take medication.....drives up my stress level horribly when i see them coming to talk to me cause you can flip a coin to decide whether they are gonna be your best friend or looking to take your head off and you have done nothing to help yah guess which its going to be....

Barkoff, cant imagine having a daughter going through it.....glad your daughter got it sorted out and is on the right path....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by bubbajay
no excuse for anything she has done, but how old was she when mom and dad pushed her to far into skating, 3 maybe 4 years old? What ever happened to her being a child, instead of skating she should have been playing with dolls, pretending to be a princess, and just being a little girl. sometimes mom and dad try to live their dreams through their kids. I don't know the entire story, nor do I really want to know, but it sure seems like a lot of these young atheletes end up fu*ked up. Just my .02

You are assuming she didn't like skating? A whole lot of kids who never got forced into sports started using meth for a various array of reasons. Our daughter was very active, she played soccer, baseball, ballet, piano lessons, she got all the trips to Disney, the SC Beach Bordwalk, she was a straight A student through Jr. High. Within one year she was cutting class, stealing from her parents, doing pot and meth and picking her scabs.

In our case we found out two years later, she was bi-polar and this led to self medication. Once we got the bi-polar problem diagnosed and treated, the meth use stopped cold turkey. Three years later she has not wandered off her medication.

I tell you this becasue there is no one reason to understand, or parents to blame. All our daughters had wonderful childhoods, to jump to that kind of conclusion is unfair to the parents at the least.

Not trying to jump you over your opinion, rather offering you an alternative point of view to consider for future thought.

Barkoff,
That is quite a story.
I assume your daughter is doing well(off the meth) now?

Well yes and no. There are a lot of scars that don't go away real easy, things she did while she was sick. She once stole my grandfathers rifle and sold it for drugs. After a few days of pressure she finally coughed up the name of the kid who gave her $50 for it. It took two days of threats to get him to give up where he took it. Then I did something real dumb. I walked into a body shop full of Mexicans and walked up to the owner and told him he had two days to produce the rifle or I was bringing the cops in to shut down his shop. I then played him the recording of the kid spilling his guts over the phone.

Well good thing for me, he panicked instead of shooting me. He told me the rifle was long gone and he would buy me a new one. I told him I didn't care if he had to get on his hands and knees and crawl back to Mexico to get it, he had two days.

Well two days later I had it back, they had tried to scratch off the serial but there was enough there that I had it re-engraved, but I did have to re-blue the old 99. Isn't a time I pick up that rifle now that I don't think about that whole scenario, but at least the old Savage now sits back in my safe.

The whole ordeal put the family though hell, for her sisters as well as us. Although we still love her, neither her sisters or my wife and I have been able to gain back a total trust yet. It's like they said in a drug counseling we all went to, the trust that can be lost in a day can take years to get back.

As long as she keeps to her meds for the bipolar, we'll get there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 340boy
Meth is, or was, an epidemic in Idaho.

Still is, so says a friend of mine who recently retired from a local LEO agency.

Also it is not unusual to hear a report on the news about cops knocking down a meth lab here.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well Sir I will certainly add Y'all to my prayers. I am truly glad she is on the right path and has such support, it is a mighty tough row to hoe.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Bi-polar is the mental health problem from hell, just like meth is the drug from hell. But the meth can be avoided.

Well yes, if you are of sound mind...but who of sound mind would pump that poison in the first place? smile

I hear what you are saying T Lee, but my experiences have changed my outlook towards the people I see out on the street. I recognize things now, that I overlooked in the past. Things I saw as goofy behavior caused by drug abuse, I recognize as something other with drug abuse on top of.

Being from Santa Cruz I would be a liar if I didn't tell you I got a lot of good laughs at the "nuts" throughout the years, but now even my other two daughters come home and tell me stories such as somebody who was bipolar and manic in a grocery store, and how it brought them to tears to see people laughing at them. "That could have been our sister they were all laughing at". Years ago they too would have laughed I tell them, now you know better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barkoff,

I'm glad your daughter got it together. I know how rough it can be. Both from a child and parent's perspective.

-steve

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually the importation of Meth. has gone down a bit. The USBP and other border area LE agencies have done a good job of combating the importation. The local labs, many being mobile labs have started producing again. It was easier a few years ago to buy Mex. Meth. then to produce it yourself. We saw a drop in seized labs and snitch info. that proved it. That along with all the laws and limits on the ingredients, made it more risky.

Remember the people in the drug world are dumb, but they're not stupid. It's a BUSINESS, it's about supply and demand. They've researched and experimented with recipes, to a point of good quality Meth being produced in a 2 liter soda bottle.

No more heat source, no more glass cookware. It can be made in a car while driving down the road, with less required chemicals. The Meth. can be extracted, the bottle and waste liquids thrown away, in the ditch of the roads in your county.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Barkoff,

I'm glad your daughter got it together. I know how rough it can be. Both from a child and parent's perspective.

-steve

Thanks, I didn't mean to turn this thread into a therapy session for myself, sorry about that.

Carry on Gents.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well yes, if you are of sound mind...but who of sound mind would pump that poison in the first place?

That is part of the hell I was referring to it really clouds judgment among other things.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Well Sir I will certainly add Y'all to my prayers. I am truly glad she is on the right path and has such support, it is a mighty tough row to hoe.

I appreciate that Terry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Crosses a LOT of "Societal and Economic Boundaries", too. It's not just about the Ghettos,.....

GTC

The Ghettos was an interesting point. Meth. is very much a white drug. I've seen it's use in everything from trailer thrash to country club members. I've not seen any Blacks involved in the snorting, shooting or smoking of Meth. Now Homey will smoke Crack like a fool, but he'll stay away from Crank.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 874 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.