Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slm9s
I've read several people question why people would ever start using drugs. People who don't know much about biochemistry/neurophysiology don't realize what receptors are involved and what senses/feeling are invoked/activated by these substances. Its been said that the first hit of heroin is like the best orgasm of your life TIMES TEN. If you're in your twenties and don't know much about drug X and your new-to-the-drug friend tells you what it feels like and you try it just once - many become instant addicts.

Well not to get that scientific, how many here are ten or twenty pounds overweight and wish they weren't? You know how it would enrich your life in the outdoors to get it off, you know how much better your heart and knees will be better off without it, but you just can't cut off the food intake enough to take it off?

Now imagine all it took was to over eat down at the pizza pub one time to get you liking food that much. smile

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a good LARGE cup of coffee will kill it, it is the lack of caffeine levels that cause it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by T LEE
I am totally addicted to caffeine, the first hour in the morning will have me with a raging headache and REALLY pizzy mood without coffee. First thing in the AM I pour & drink a cup of coffee, last thing at night before retiring I finish a cup of coffee. And I constantly am drinking a cup ALL day long. Finally getting off the cigarettes is likely the hardest thing I have ever done.

Exderin Migraine, it has some caffeine in it, a good way to combat those headaches. Only stuff that ever really worked on my migraines.

my wife gets migraines and laughs at that stuff.....but there are several types of migraines which is prolly why it works for you and not her.....be VERY happy that stuff works for you cause alot of the migraine meds are damn expensive....

one of only two times i was set to do harm to a doctor was when they had a rent a doc at the hospital here and i hauled my wife in during a bad one and he told her he didnt believe in migraines and said she was just looking for a shot of demerol.....had the wife not dragged me out i was fixing to put his head in a vice and ask him if it hurt....

Last edited by rattler; 08/17/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff

...As long as she keeps to her meds for the bipolar, we'll get there.

You're solid, Barkoff. Thanks for sharing these painful, personal things. Here's hoping your daughter stays on the straight and narrow.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that anyone convicted of the manufacture, distribution, transportation, and/or sale of illegal drugs should be sentenced to mandatory capital punishment on the 1st offense.

OR

I think that the manufacture, distribution, transportation, and/or wholesale of illegal drugs should be legalized and controlled by the U.S. Federal Government, with retail sales a State Government monopoly, like liquor sales in NH. Anyone convicted of the manufacture, distribution, transportation, and/or sale of illegal drugs should be sentenced to mandatory capital punishment on the 1st offense.

The use of illegal drugs is so widely accepted that it isn't much different, in many people's minds, then drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco. The odds of eliminating illegal drugs are about the same as when prohibition, the Volstead Act, attempted to eliminate the consumption of alcohol and the results are the same, huge profits flowing to organized criminal gangs.

Face it, America is weak. We don't even have the will to secure our borders against an invasion of 12,000,000 illegal aliens, many of whom are hard-working individuals who only want to provide for their families. If 99% of illegal alien fall under the "hard-working......only want to provide for their families." catagory, that still leaves 120,000 "bad" illegal alien who are criminals and should be aggresively hunted down and eliminated via a small applicaiton Sarin, Tabun, or Zyklon-B.

Jeff

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by T LEE
Just a good LARGE cup of coffee will kill it, it is the lack of caffeine levels that cause it.

Coffee will fix anything.Elixir from heaven.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
meth was a big problem in the oilfield back in the late 70s early 80s. knew of more than one that got killed becuase of it

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

both my girls had ADHD, we did not medicate them but instead put them with teachers willing to do one on one time with them and help them out....both pretty much snapped out of it by the 5th grade.....no medication needed though we also didnt let them have caffeine or alot of refined sugar which made them alot worse.....would have been easier for us to drug them? prolly but they prolly would still be taking the drugs to this day cause we wouldnt have seen the change in them that happened at about 10 years old....im positive they are better off now then they would have been had we taken the pharmaceutical way out.....but i also realize each case is individual and with a really bad off kid with it, meds may be the only answer...

Many kids with ADHD will be calmed by a stimulant such as caffeine. The drugs used for clinically "hyper" kids are actually stimulants themselves, substances which would make "normal" kids hyper rather than calm.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by rattler

both my girls had ADHD, we did not medicate them but instead put them with teachers willing to do one on one time with them and help them out....both pretty much snapped out of it by the 5th grade.....no medication needed though we also didnt let them have caffeine or alot of refined sugar which made them alot worse.....would have been easier for us to drug them? prolly but they prolly would still be taking the drugs to this day cause we wouldnt have seen the change in them that happened at about 10 years old....im positive they are better off now then they would have been had we taken the pharmaceutical way out.....but i also realize each case is individual and with a really bad off kid with it, meds may be the only answer...

Many kids with ADHD will be calmed by a stimulant such as caffeine. The drugs used for clinically "hyper" kids are actually stimulants themselves, substances which would make "normal" kids hyper rather than calm.

i realize that but the key term there is "most"......give one of them a can of pop with caffeine in it and you could watch them start to vibrate.....

had a friend one day that decided to help us out and take them out to eat while we worked over lunch....warned them not to give them caffeine.....they got to McD's and thought how bad can they be? and let them order what they wanted....before they got back to the office both girls were bouncing off the walls.....we told our friend that they were now her problem for the next couple hours.....she never gave them pop with caffeine EVER again......

Last edited by rattler; 08/17/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Caffeine didn't hurt then, it was the sugar rush, mickeys even uses it on their fries.

My son was hyper and our Doc told us to try coffee before he would prescribe any of the drugs. It worked and he never was on any meds, never made a zombie and did quite well in school after that.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
Barkoff,

I'm glad your daughter got it together. I know how rough it can be. Both from a child and parent's perspective.

-steve

I wonder what Bi_polar people did 50 years ago without meth to solve their problem? Did the drug use of the 60's produce Bi-polar kids? Never heard of such a thing when I was a teenager!

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Holy [bleep], you pricks just scared the living Christ out of me.....I have an eleven year old daughter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Originally Posted by Steve
Barkoff,

I'm glad your daughter got it together. I know how rough it can be. Both from a child and parent's perspective.

-steve

I wonder what Bi_polar people did 50 years ago without meth to solve their problem? Did the drug use of the 60's produce Bi-polar kids? Never heard of such a thing when I was a teenager!

50 year ago the bipolar people were in asylums and hospitals where not much was know what to do with them. They pretty much sat around all day drugged and drooling. You are right though, it is on the rise, maybe in another fifty years we will understand why.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one reason some of these disorders seem alot more common now is in quite a few of them the definitions of the disorders were broadened in the last 20 years......want to know why autism is more common now than 20 years ago? in the mid 90's the description was broadened and then a whole lot of kids that werent labled as autistic the year befor suddenly were so on the raw stats it looks like a hell of a jump in cases when nothing really changed......

and as Barkoff said before 1980 a whole lot more of these ppl with mental disorders were kept locked up and drugged up in asylumns

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you listen to my wife, it's all the chemicals they are putting in our food and plastic containers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
could very well be a part......but the fact they broadened definitions accounts for some of the big jumps.....major issue is everyones body chemistry is a lil bit different, what dont affect the majority can send some individuals spinning off on a different tangent....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Methamphetamine was first synthesized from ephedrine in Japan in 1893 by chemist Nagai Nagayoshi and In 1919, crystallized methamphetamine was synthesized by Akira Ogata via reduction of ephedrine using red phosphorus and iodine". This stuff has been around for a very long time. Common Chemistry when you get down to it and a lot of money. I can say this, being unemployed has be tough. I been out to long now. I never though gee my problems can go away by making this junk! I like my liberty too much and what little I have to much for the risks and you will get caught. I guess you could say I have a moral center and I know right from wrong. Its one thing to go into a corn field and find a couple of ears of corn as J.J Walker would say, its another thing to plant dope or cook Meth in that same field. What has happened to the moral center of the country? This stuff is so tragic.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I oh so wish they WOULD do something with these people that deal and use. But, let me give you a few excerpts from our Towns newspaper...a county of about 15,000...

L.K. Perkins, defendant withdrew previous plea of not guilty and entered a plea of guilty to count 1, theft, count 8, battery resulting in bodily injury and count 9, operating a vehicle with a schedule 1 or 2 controlled substance or its metabolite in the body. Pursuant to plea agreement, defendant sentanced to count 1, one year OCJail, all suspended, to run consecutive to counts 8 and 9; count 8, sentenced to one year OCJ, all suspended, to run consecutive to counts 1 and 9; count 9, sentenced to 60 days OCJ, all suspended, to run consecutive to counts 1 and 8; two years and 60 days formal probation with the following conditions: Obey all laws, probation user's fee 100/30, standard terms and conditions of probation, $50 administrative fee, no contact with B. Toliver or other victims, not to go on the property of Michael T's Motel; 90 days loss of license, restitution to B. Toliver in the amount of $8330.06. Defendant further ordered to pay fine of $1 plus costs of $164. Pursuant to plea agreement, counts 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 are dismissed.

Darn...I couldn't find any of the "good" drug cases that have very similar outcomes.....fine and probation.....

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by POC
I oh so wish they WOULD do something with these people that deal and use. But, let me give you a few excerpts from our Towns newspaper...a county of about 15,000...

L.K. Perkins, defendant withdrew previous plea of not guilty and entered a plea of guilty to count 1, theft, count 8, battery resulting in bodily injury and count 9, operating a vehicle with a schedule 1 or 2 controlled substance or its metabolite in the body. Pursuant to plea agreement, defendant sentanced to count 1, one year OCJail, all suspended, to run consecutive to counts 8 and 9; count 8, sentenced to one year OCJ, all suspended, to run consecutive to counts 1 and 9; count 9, sentenced to 60 days OCJ, all suspended, to run consecutive to counts 1 and 8; two years and 60 days formal probation with the following conditions: Obey all laws, probation user's fee 100/30, standard terms and conditions of probation, $50 administrative fee, no contact with B. Toliver or other victims, not to go on the property of Michael T's Motel; 90 days loss of license, restitution to B. Toliver in the amount of $8330.06. Defendant further ordered to pay fine of $1 plus costs of $164. Pursuant to plea agreement, counts 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 are dismissed.

Darn...I couldn't find any of the "good" drug cases that have very similar outcomes.....fine and probation.....

Sounds like here.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pete E
I was shocked to learn that a pharmaceutical version of Meth (Desoxyn) is used to treat children with ADHD...

Not sure how that can be when its so addictive, unless addicts take it at sunstantically higher doses???

Parents have been unknowingly hooking their children on a drug lifestyle, to make their parenting chores easier.

Schools often demand adhd kids are on meds, so make teaching them easier.

They are creating a generation of drug addicts.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 871 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.