Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Some of you may recall a post I made a while back. The gist of it was that I liked this woman but I frankly didn't believe she could get elected. I know the media, comics and liberals are salivating over the prospect of the endless material they can throw her way if she ran as a serious presidential candidate.

With that said, I don't think she is at fault for the damage that was done to her during the last election. I blame McCain and the republican national organization. She was busy doing Alaska's work and not focusing on national politics. She was in an environment where one doesn't have to be polished on camera and fast on one's feet in front of the media sharks.

But she was plucked from that in the last hour and shoved into that pack of wolves. Considering, she did pretty good but the dark side prevailed in the end and now we see the results.

Now, she is out focusing on national politics and making the connections she needs for a better showing. But you better believe, there's a Soros funded think tank doing nothing but preparing a vicious battle if she ever attempts a run of her own. They won't be caught off guard the next time and they know what already worked.

My question for everyone is this... knowing the soulless and vicious attacks that would be in store, what kind of running mate would she need to make the right team to defeat the evil bloodletting ahead?

The dems picked Bidden because Obama had little experience in limelight national politics. He's an idiot, but that was the thought process. Given Palin's quirks, her lack of polish on camera (argue all you want but it's true), and lack of experience dealing with national affairs, who would complement her well in a campaign.

Obama is pure evil in my mind and I won't even get into the forces I think are behind him because many will thinks I am nuts. But he has a gift of deception that I have never seen before. He had zero experience accomplishing anything meaningful in his entire life but somehow brainwashed a majority of a nation into putting him into the most powerful position on the planet. Despite the absolute failure that he is DO NOT underestimate his ability to fool everyone again.

If she runs, what teammate can help her win. I'm completely serious and I still don't think she can. But I am willing to have an open mind and listen to peoples' thoughts on the matter. The politicians always say that every election is the most important election in our lifetime. I usually think it's a ploy for votes. This time, however, I think the very soul of our nation is at stake.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Condoleeza Rice.

Who else? Would be a BIG winning ticket in my view. Could even go the other way around as in Rice - Palin.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I see the merits in that for sure. Without making any jokes about everyone in the white house "cycling" together, I'm not sure I am a fan of a two woman ticket though. And that has nothing to do with being a male shovenist (sp?). I think there are segments of the population that would only vote if there was a man on the ticket. And believe it or not, I think most of that group would actually be women. You know, the guy in charge is my protector kind of thing.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My thought is not necessarily a particular person but more of a description of who I think would balance the ticket nicely. For me, Sarah has good positions (okay shut up you perverts), and is a "personality" asset. But her vulnerable spots (again shut the hell up you pervs laugh ) are that she is not "polished" and as articulate as a candidate unfortunately needs to be in this stupid process.

So, the best team mate in my opinion would be a guy first off but someone who isn't necessarily a limelight persona. Some one who is very well versed in the issues of the day and can do a great job articulating his thoughts.

If he is a politician, he must have a clear, documented record of conservative votes across the board. It needs to be a family man without much baggage if any. It CANNOT be a RINO, a progressive Republican or a neocon. More of a REAL conservative like a tea partier.

But most of all, he MUST be someone who can take on those longer sit down interviews and lay out a clear articulate and lucid position for the team. Even if you don't like his politics, a guy who handles interviews like Dick Chenney. That guy knows how to own an interview and there's not much any media person can do about it.

I think a strong military or CEO type would be good for her. Someone who exudes leadership and has a commanding presence but in a calm way that doesn't steal her stage.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where's the guys that always howling what racists you folks are for your disapproval of Obama?

the support and admiration for Rice seems to be forgotten in those moments.

it may be early, but I'm hopin to check out the tenor in Lt. Col West foray into politics.

from what I've seen so far, he appears to be a man made of the right stuff

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
where's the guys that always howling what racists you folks are for your disapproval of Obama?

it may be early, but I'm hopin to check out the tenor in Lt. Col West foray into politics.

I think you'll find he meets most of my criteria. If he wins that Florida race this fall, he'll at least have almost a year of time in the light. Do you think that would be enough? Or do you think he would rather concentrate on his congressional duties and try in a few more years?

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
according to a recent poll circa Nov '08 lack of experience doesn't mean squat to most folks.

From what I've seen so far OP I'd say he's a man that intends to serve his country either in uniform or a suit, my guess is he'd run if called to, perhaps a VP role would be more appropriate considering his lack of experience but it sure didn't seem to matter to the masses last time.

though admittedly he's not been to Harvard, he's just had a job where he had to send men to their death and basically torched his career advancement by not willing to send more of them so that an enemy captive could be handled with kid gloves.

it seems to me love of country runs pretty rampant in the military, I'm ready for some of that in our highest offices.

but perhaps I'm a bit too optimistic about the military providing us a candidate based upon local experience

the Alaska University system is headquartered here in FBKS, like most quasi gov't agencies, it was bloated, inefficient and facing some real challenges, this 10-12 years ago. We needed a new president for the U. They went against the grain and hired a military man instead of someone reared in acadameia.

in my view it was an outstanding decision. The man believed in accountability. There was lots of deadwood at the U and pretty soon it became too uncomfortable for them to stick around in this new age of accountability.

Pres. Hamilton was interviewed by our local rag (News-Miner) and asked if he could sleep at night knowing folks that had put in a long time at the U. were leaving. His reply has always stayed with me "I've been called upon by my duty to send men to their deaths, I doubt I'm going to lose much sleep that someone needs to go find a new job."

we're not going to fix this country by finding the biggest nerd or whomever could win "who wants to be a millonaire" by their encyclopedic knowledge of the world and the USA

we'll need a leader to lead us. it's not a given, but under fire is where many leaders are forged

There's some comfort to me knowing that our CIC has been to see the elephant in this troubled world before he sends our sons and daughters off on a mission.

the mileage may vary, but it's how I read it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

I think you'll find he meets most of my criteria. If he wins that Florida race this fall, he'll at least have almost a year of time in the light. Do you think that would be enough? Or do you think he would rather concentrate on his congressional duties and try in a few more years?

Not to take this thread in a different direction but a ticket I really like would be Lt. Col. West and Ms. Rice. Some might be turned off by the Military like stance this team might appear to take but I ask you do we have any two more level headed and Constitutional loving people at this moment in our history?

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I like Sarah Palin. However, I don't see her as presidential material and if she's the republican nominee in 2012 then Obama will be back in office, that's just the fact of it. It doesn't matter who is the vice presidential candidate. Palin has a niche and that's being a cheerleader against Obama's marxism, she does a great job at it. President? No. The republicans have a tough row to hoe. Obama might be doing a miserable job, but he's got record numbers of people hooked on food stamps, unemployment, and welfare, and those on the government dole aren't likely to vote against the hand that feeds them. The old saying about he who robs Peter to pay Paul will always have Paul's vote holds true. In my opinion this has been the democrat's strategy ever since FDR. Gradually get increasing numbers of people hooked on welfare and over several generations you'll have made the democratic party virtually undefeatable. Just like a crack dealer who gets a client hooked on crack has a lifetime client, a person who gets hooked on government handouts becomes a reliable democratic voter for life, there's no going back. We now have record numbers of people on welfare and I'm afraid it's going to be very hard to get the democrats out of office no matter how much they screw up the country.

So far I'm not seeing any republican on the national stage that can challenge Obama and win. Gingrich can't win, too much baggage with him. Someone mentioned Condeleeza Rice, I'd vote for her everyday and twice on Sunday. To me she's one of the most impressive minds we've had in Washington in the last 25 years, but she's an intellectual and not a politician. I don't think she's ever ran for anything and don't think she's at all interested in running for President. She's about the only nationally known person that I think would have a prayer of straightening out our government, but I just don't see her as having any desire to be president. It's our loss.

The only person I see even remotely coming out of the woodwork for the republicans is possibly the governor of New Jersey, Christie. He's chopping the legs out from under the corrupt democratic machine in New Jersey right now and he could possibly burst onto the national scene. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's possible.

Forget Sarah Palin as president, that's not going to happen and I hope she doesn't actually think that it will, she's liable to take down someone who actually does have a chance of unseating Obama. The republicans have a really bad habit of awarding the nomination to people who they think they owe it to instead of someone who can actually win. Think Dole and McCain. Hopefully they won't just roll over and toss it to Palin instead of finding someone who can actually beat Obama.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]
Her time has passed and 08:00 AM will never come.
Palin clock.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I also believe Rice would be a good choice as well as Jeb but, regretfully and unfortunately, the not yet perceived excellent legacy of Pres Bush will still create problems for the both of them in 2012.

Randy....I'll brush up a bit more and educate myself on Col West.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

If she runs, what teammate can help her win. I'm completely serious and I still don't think she can. But I am willing to have an open mind and listen to peoples' thoughts on the matter. The politicians always say that every election is the most important election in our lifetime. I usually think it's a ploy for votes. This time, however, I think the very soul of our nation is at stake.

If you truly have that much confidence in Sarah, why don't you just let her pick a running mate and then give them both your full support?

And for those who "think" Sarah can't win the Presidency...........well all I can say is you don't deserve anyone like her if she does!

Think about it for a minute.......what have the glib, polished, articulate, well educated politicians (including the present one) done for this country in the past that makes you believe that a candidate must possess these qualities to become a good President?

Huh??

I can tell you one thing that these dopes didn't have .........and that's good ol' common sense.

Something that Sarah Palin has demonstrated that she has plenty of.

And remember.......

"Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.�
C. E. Stowe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you will like Col. West...IMO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Palin and Patraeus/Col West........Patraeus and Palin would be a winner

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
I also believe Rice would be a good choice as well as Jeb but, regretfully and unfortunately, the not yet perceived excellent legacy of Pres Bush will still create problems for the both of them in 2012.

Randy....I'll brush up a bit more and educate myself on Col West.

Here's a decent recent clip Isaac of him on the immigration issue. As usual, he has good command presence and hits the important points in a calm lucid way. I like the way the guy carries himself and conveys his points.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i cant member what i wanted to say
opps i wote it downn.
[Linked Image]

Face it guys.
Run her for POTUS.
And its 8 for bambam ,instead of 4.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Face it guys.
Run her for POTUS.
And its 8 for bambam ,instead of 4.

You forgot to say why people would vote for Obama, over of Sarah Darlin.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Controll the middle.
Run the country.

Simple.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Controll the middle.
Run the country.

Simple.

dave

Huh?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no clue who WILL run, I didn't think McCain would be the nominee in '08 . . .

Just some names for consideration -
Already mentioned - Patreaus, West, Palin, Jeb Bush, Rice
Some more - JC Watts, Bachmann, Pawlenty, Newt, Huckster

All I know for sure is that all those I mentioned would do less harm to this country than BamBam has done in 20 months and might be able to turn things around in less than 2 generations. First there needs to be a cleansing in the House and Senate this November, though.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (21, 6MMWASP, Alan_C, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,532 guests, and 815 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,888
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.