Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I like the input on this thread...

For Scott, not all truckers are as decent of a guy as you are..

especially up in Washington, common courtesy on the highway is pretty sparse..this past month I had to take two trips to Seattle, and one trip down to LA/SoCal...I saw a lot of attitude that can be explained as "me first".. all up and down I 5!

Courtesy still exists somewhat in rural areas.. but in any built up areas it is non existent....

For our fellow officer forum members, I am not in favor of this law or these high fines..

what I would be in favor of, is that you boys should be allowed to pull these folks over.. cuff them and throw them in the back of your cruiser, take them down and give them an overnight in jail... and you boys should be able to privately take out your anger on their assses with you night stick in the privacy of their jail cell...or just accidentally shoot them...if it was bad enough...

you don't need to hurt the publics wallet on this stuff..you need to be hurting some of these culprits heads and assses..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Its a sad but true fact of life that this law had to even been written. Yet Common Courtesy and self responsibility have decreased in direct relation to the increase of those living off the welfare state, thus morals must be legislated.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

so he use to drive down the highway at 45 mph.. regardless of speed limit, most folks didn't have the nerve to pass a state trooper.. he'd come into a town leading a string of cars half a mile long at times...

it was his way of keeping the speed down on the highway when he patroled...

We call that "Blue Light Fever", have used it MANY times. smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain't just you law boys either. What convinced me that I had got too old and slow to work VFD was a bob tail truck. We had a wreck out on the interstate. The boys was having to use the jaws to extract the driver. I had boogied up down the road @ a hundred yards, set out the cones and was standing behind them waving my orange flag and pointing the outside lane. Broad daylight too.
Here comes this bob tail truck just a flying in the inside lane. The closer that sob got the faster I was waving that flag.

He hit the cones before he locked up. I jumped toward the ditch. Had we been in the Olympics I'd have been good for silver at least. As he slid past the bumper just touched my butt.

The troop that was up with the wreck came back to see if I was alive. Did he ever give that driver an ass chewing. I helped.

Driver says he never saw any 3foot orange traffic cones set across his lane nor some fat old fool waving an ornage flag.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bet he is paying more attention these days!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, that'd rate a pucker factor of at least a +9 on a scale of 10.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Its the law in Wyoming you have to slow down 10 mph and move into the other lane. Most truckers I know and have seen move over if it is just a vehicle parked along side of the road.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. always have if at all possible.

Old cat turd!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,246
Posts18,504,631
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.