Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
our 7 YO daughter walked in on us last night,we both forgot to lock the door.
I'm avoiding her today so she can't ask me questions,while trying to think up a believable lie to explain what she saw.

I hope she's not damaged from what she saw.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh yeah, I remember my son[then about 5 yo], walking into the bedroom and said "Hi guys, What ya doin?" Definately took away the moment.....no lasting damage. I think he forgot about it by the next morning.grin Course we were semi covered up, were you?grin

maddog

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you have kids it is bound to happen eventually - I think she will live through it. You (or your wife) just have to answer her questions at the level of maturity she is at - afterall, it is a normal part of being married and how she got here.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Been interrupted by the dogs a few times but no discernable problems.

Just tell her you were wrestling...unless you were doing something else. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you will be more specific, I'm sure I can help you more. grin

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick

You don't do it on the roof like the rest of us?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is the place to interject the oldie about the boy and his father who were out for a walk when they saw two dogs engaging in matrimonial activity. When asked, the father explained that they were making puppies. At a later time, when the son wandered in upon the folks engaged in close order drill as approved of by missionaries, he inquired as to what was transpiring. Father's quick thinking resulted in a reply that they were making him a new brother or sister. To this, the son came back with, "Well, turn her over. I'd rather have a puppy."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
This is the place to interject the oldie about the boy and his father who were out for a walk when they saw two dogs engaging in matrimonial activity. When asked, the father explained that they were making puppies. At a later time, when the son wandered in upon the folks engaged in close order drill as approved of by missionaries, he inquired as to what was transpiring. Father's quick thinking resulted in a reply that they were making him a new brother or sister. To this, the son came back with, "Well, turn her over. I'd rather have a puppy."

grin grin grin

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad

coffee on the keyboard, via my nose! grin grin grin

maddog

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A couple of years ago I was helping a friend move house, and we were struggling up the garden path carrying a large farmhouse table, and his little girls comes running out the house, shouting:

"Mommy says she wants it in the backdoor...."

His wife coloured up nicely and me and my mate creased up, fit to drop...Of course the little girl had no idea what she'd said and kept asking what was so funny, which made it even worse!

Last edited by Pete E; 08/22/10.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I'm avoiding her today so she can't ask me questions,while trying to think up a believable lie to explain what she saw.

I hope she's not damaged from what she saw.

You have got to be kidding!!!!! shocked

Don't avoid her and be honest and up front about it. It's what mommies and daddies do when they are in love and how she got here. You'll be surprised to find out she has more understanding about sex than you realize. You don't have to give her the triple XXXX rated version but don't hide about what you do as if what you are doing is somehow wrong and evil. She'll be more damaged if you lie to her than if you are honest and up front about it.

Of course, if you are a Christian than sex is probably wrong, evil, and sinful to you and you will have trouble with explaining it to her which is why you are having a problem with your conscience now. For us Pagans we don't have that kind of baggage so explaining to our children about sex under the conditions you have described is easier.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Reminds me of a joke I heard years ago.

3 women setting in the Dr.'s waiting room for a checkup. All were pregnant. They started talking about the sex of their child. The brunette says " I know it's a girl, because I was on the bottom." The red head says "I know its a boy, because I was on the top."

The blonde breaks out crying and screams "OMG, I'm gonna have puppies!" grin

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pete E

His wife coloured up nicely and me and my mate creased up, fit to drop...

Pete, further evidence that we are two peoples separated by a common language. I love the phrasiology. (Part of my great enjoyment of the Herriot books is using context to try and figure out just what in God's name some of the words/phrases mean.) Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So long as weren't dressed as Batman and the old lady wrapped in Saran Wrap, you should be good.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Of course, if you are a Christian than sex is probably wrong, evil, and sinful to you and you will have trouble with explaining it to her which is why you are having a problem with your conscience now. For us Pagans we don't have that kind of baggage so explaining to our children about sex under the conditions you have described is easier.

Its explaining the goats heads and ritual human sacrifice on the night of a full moon thats the difficult one for you pagans! grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
His existence is the tough one to explain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So long as weren't dressed as Batman and the old lady wrapped in Saran Wrap, you should be good.

Thats Friday nights, silly!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Which brings up the question - what if she was dressed as Batman and he was wrapped in Saran Wrap?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy I used to work with had his 2 or 3 year son catch him and his wife in the act one morning.

He explained to the boy that mommy and daddy were playing bucking bronco. They were under the covers and the kid couldn't really see what was going on so daddy let him hop on and go for a ride. smile

It's a little bit twisted but as far as his son knew it was just all innocent fun.

True story.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
A lotta bit twisted, that's just wrong.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 1,479 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,210
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.