Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We need pictures of that pard! wink

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Can't remember the name of the Italian Restaurant in Gardiner, MT but they had the best Ribeye I have ever had. It did have coffee grounds on it along with some other great spices. Maybe it was the week of hard fishing and camping that made it so good but it was very good.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
We need pictures of that pard! wink

Mike

Sorry Bowhunr,

No pictures, but I can tell ya, it sure tasted great !

When I got home, I put the roast on & then my wife & I headed into the bush to pick some blueberries to go on the french vanilla icecream, for dessert.

Guess what ? We also happened upon a bonus !

I found a patch of Chanterelle mushrooms & was able to pick about a pound & a half of them.

These we saut�ed in butter, garlic & onions. They were an excellent "topper" to the medium rare slices of roasted prime rib.

Yep, it was bloody good mate.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I tried ribeyes or delmonicos from my neck of the woods tonight with garlic powder. I could not find Moore's or Dale's marinade; I had eight one inch thick steaks and they needed to be good for my brother who is going to basic training tomorrow. I applied a little sea salt, a coating of garlic powder, a dusting of old bay, and olive oil. Five steaks were cooked medium well and three steaks were cooked medium rare. They were excellent. I also grilled some sea scallops in olive oil and old bay to go with them. I highly suggest the garlic powder.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I could not find Moore's or Dale's marinade

That's a good thing. Both of those use that chemistry set "soy sauce" instead of the real thing.

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I put a 9 lb rib roast in the oven at 500 degrees for 20 minutes and am now finishing her off at 250 until internal temps hit 135. Used a homemade beef rub with a little red wine and white onion in the drip pan. Smells great!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I even know a democrat and three cardiologists that love ribeye !
Mines good w/montreal steak seasoning and sliced up pickled jalapeno's with a couple of bitburger's for desert...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
I could not find Moore's or Dale's marinade

That's a good thing. Both of those use that chemistry set "soy sauce" instead of the real thing.

A good ribeye, or NY Strip shouldn't need anything more than Kosher Salt, Fresh groung black pepper, and good searing heat of a charcoal grill. Med. Rare for me.

War Damn Eagle!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's pretty much how I do them.

My comment was just to keep someone who was going to put something else on a steak away from the hydrolyzed soy protein evil that hides under the name soy sauce. Blech!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A liberal dose of Kikoman's soy sauce and some Adolf's meat tenderizer followed up after cooking with a bath in A-1 sauce.

Mmmmmmmm..............

A big tall 24 oz. glass of ice filled halfways up with Early Times wisskee and topped off with diet Sam's cola as a perrfect accompaniment.

Oh my.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You have to use subtler bait than that! ( laugh To really get me going that is.)

Besides, Kikkoman is actually brewed, not synthesized. A nasty one would be La Choy.

As to Early Times, a good argument could be made that Sam's cola would actually be appropriate accompaniment. grin

Last edited by mathman; 08/23/10.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Growing up we never used a grill of any sort. Steak was always fried in a skillet similar to your style, and it was always good, too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will always think of the rib-eye as the best breakfast steak that god ever grew. I like a half a dozen over medium eggs with that by the way.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I do not like black pepper and it gives me chest pains.

Moore's and Dale's marinade probably has less garbage in it than Sam's Cola.

Garlic Powder is the way to go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IMO a good ribeye steak is at its best when seasoned with just salt and black pepper. Actually, I substitute plain salt with Adolf's Unseasoned Meat Tenderizer. I also add a tablespoon of vinegar to further reduce the pH for added tenderizing, but not so much the steak tastes like vinegar. Sear over a hot applewood fire and serve rare or MR. Mmmmm.....

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If it's a good steak it should need no tenderizing whatsoever, chemical or otherwise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not all beef steaks are tender. In fact, few are. The active ingredient in Adolf's is papain, which comes from pineapple. Overcooking ruins a good steak. Anything past MR is overcooked. I actually prefer venison steak raw.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Not all beef steaks are tender. In fact, few are. The active ingredient in Adolf's is papain, which comes from pineapple. Overcooking ruins a good steak. Anything past MR is overcooked. I actually prefer venison steak raw.

I find that folks that normally "over-season" meat, also tend to like it over cooked too. If you don't like red meat, save it for us that do, and quite trying to make it taste like something else, or cooking those wonderful juices and taste right out of it.

War Damn Eagle!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not all beef steaks are tender.

True, but any steak worthy of my attention is.

In fact, few are.

I disagree. I buy them from a good butcher all the time.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.