Campfire Oracle
S
Bob?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a degree in Pastoral Ministry. I graduated Summa Cum Laude, from a very rigorously academic College. You can imagine that I was forced to study the Bible backwards, forwards,upside down, and inside out. It does not mean that I am religious or even intelligent for that matter, but I do try to live for my Creator (though I fail) That, and a couple of bucks might get you a cup of coffee. It does mean, however, that I have spent a LOT of time, most of 40 years, studying the Bible. I began this quest to prove it wrong. I married a preacher's daughter, and was hoping to shoot her Christianity down in flames. Look at the facts. What other work, written and compiled over centuries, by so many authors of different backgrounds and cultures, could have predicted, without one failure, to prophecy with laser-like accuracy world events past ,present, and yet to be. Jesus Himself, fulfilled every single prophecy that was foretold about Him many years prior to His arrival. We are just now beginning to see the unfolding of the end times. Do I believe that The Creator could also implement a system whereby He could employ aspects of evolution as well? Yes,I do. Million upon million of American Bison were left to rot on the prairies of this nation. Where are their bones now? Mostly scattered by scavengers, and returned to the earth through decay. And yet, there have been unearthed vast deposits of dinosaur bones and remains, in mass deposits that remain intact. Among the greatest scientists,all concur, that only a flood of epic proportions could have caused this anomaly. In fact, the encapsulation of these animals within the settling sediment so sealed some of the remains from oxygen, I recently discovered that some of the meat remaining on the bones was so preserved that it could be safely eaten. Mastodon steaks anyone? Wasn't there a flood mentioned in the Bible? I could go on and on, but to what purpose/ I have had my Damascus Road experience. I pray that most of you fine folks here (you too Issac and Steve O) will too, one of these days. Hopefully, before it is too late, as time draws short. In my mind, a man would be an utter fool to believe in nothing more than evolution. YMMV.

Flame away.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No that's ok. You are one of the talking monkeys that feels the need to tell others that they are wrong in their beliefs. So you will be one of the talking monkeys sucking cock in hell. Enjoy it, you won't be alone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe as you but be aware that there was a huge market for bison bones as fertilizer in the late eighties-eary nineties .Most were hauled to the RR and shipped .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Lemme guess, you'll be the one in diapers? I'd rather meet up a rat.
That's what I figured.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What is what you figured [bleep]? Have you met Sam? Hell he's damn near across the street from you, I'm 700 miles away.

Should the day come that I run out of idiots and feel the need to meet one more I'll make the journey.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What is what you figured [bleep]? Have you met Sam? Hell he's damn near across the street from you, I'm 700 miles away.

Should the day come that I run out of idiots and feel the need to meet one more I'll make the journey.
Sam and I were talking about getting together. I suggested sushi. He never got back to me.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That only took you what, like 8 years.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That only took you what, like 8 years.
No, this was many years ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

We are talking monkeys that think entirely too highly of ourselves that enjoy attaching far too great importance on our individual and collective being.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by LongRanger280
I have a degree in Pastoral Ministry. I graduated Summa Cum Laude, from a very rigorously academic College. You can imagine that I was forced to study the Bible backwards, forwards,upside down, and inside out. It does not mean that I am religious or even intelligent for that matter, but I do try to live for my Creator (though I fail) That, and a couple of bucks might get you a cup of coffee. It does mean, however, that I have spent a LOT of time, most of 40 years, studying the Bible. I began this quest to prove it wrong. I married a preacher's daughter, and was hoping to shoot her Christianity down in flames. Look at the facts. What other work, written and compiled over centuries, by so many authors of different backgrounds and cultures, could have predicted, without one failure, to prophecy with laser-like accuracy world events past ,present, and yet to be. Jesus Himself, fulfilled every single prophecy that was foretold about Him many years prior to His arrival. We are just now beginning to see the unfolding of the end times. Do I believe that The Creator could also implement a system whereby He could employ aspects of evolution as well? Yes,I do. Million upon million of American Bison were left to rot on the prairies of this nation. Where are their bones now? Mostly scattered by scavengers, and returned to the earth through decay. And yet, there have been unearthed vast deposits of dinosaur bones and remains, in mass deposits that remain intact. Among the greatest scientists,all concur, that only a flood of epic proportions could have caused this anomaly. In fact, the encapsulation of these animals within the settling sediment so sealed some of the remains from oxygen, I recently discovered that some of the meat remaining on the bones was so preserved that it could be safely eaten. Mastodon steaks anyone? Wasn't there a flood mentioned in the Bible? I could go on and on, but to what purpose/ I have had my Damascus Road experience. I pray that most of you fine folks here (you too Issac and Steve O) will too, one of these days. Hopefully, before it is too late, as time draws short. In my mind, a man would be an utter fool to believe in nothing more than evolution. YMMV.

Flame away.

===============

Ahhh man...and just when I was on the verge of stepping over,too!!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hard to say no to that invite ain't it........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Evolution....

Works for most, but not for everyone...

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
[Linked Image]

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
[Linked Image]

That's mean. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder if Vegas is giving odds?

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's one I couldn't lose,Mike!!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's mean.
================

To a agnostic,they're attempts at humor only!

William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
My faith teaches me that God is the creater. If I dont have faith in that then I have nothing. Those who beleive in evolution have faith in evolution. The reason things apear old is because God created it to be. How could an animal survive if the plant it ate didn't already have fruit or leafs. I also think it took seven days just as Genesis says. If I don't believe this , how can I believe anything else the Bible says

Page 3 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 79S, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 8 invisible), 1,517 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,554
Posts18,510,418
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.