Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by T LEE
And he didn't shoot either. I have spent considerable time in an environment where people were actively trying to kill me and I them. I am still not going to fire on a glass flash or seeing somebody scope me. I will try to join up with them and point out my displeasure however, and if it turned out to be a rig like the OP showed would probably admire it.

Go back to the mall and play mall ninja, you do not impress me in the least.

Ohh there you go with the name calling........

I'll stoop to your level and say I bet you root for officers to go to prison when they shoot a suspect with a weapon that looked like a real gun too. Sad...very sad. I thought you had a better understanding of the law and common sense.

Mall ninja

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PhilinAZ

What does this quote mean?

"Sac up...set up that rig, point it at people and see what happens. All you need is one jurer to see that the rig looks like a gun and the shooter was in fear of his life."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People that are this afraid in the woods need to stay home as they obviously have never been fired on in earnest. It ain't fun and I think that folks that spot with their scopes need a good azz whipping for stupidity. The rig the OP used may resemble a rifle but I have also seen a bunch of similar camera mounts in use over the years. Mishaps are mishaps but fer crying out loud get some common sense. Some of you sound like the loonies that predict "blood in the streets" every time a new jurisdiction passes shall issue laws.

You will no doubt ever see the guy that shoots at you if he is trying to kill you.

Calvin, if a water pistol makes you pee your pants you need medical intervention.

All this juvenile posturing is enough to gag a maggot, some of you need to get a life.

I rarely call names, but I will call a spade a spade when I see one.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Your "mall ninja" talk is the only posturing I've seen on this thread. You don't have a clue.

The reality is that you only point a weapon at something you want to kill. That is a rule to live by, and people will react when having a weapon pointed at them, to preserve their own life. Only a dumbass would point something they KNOW could be mistaken as a weapon at another human being.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I know is what dad told me, 'Being right don't help much if your dead because of it'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Calvin, think of a 4-12x scope. Fairly normal.

Now imagine you're downrange and see somebody pointing a rifle in your direction.

Are you REALLY going to kill him in cold blood? There's absolutely NO chance that he's not zoomed in on some critter to the left, right, high or low from you and doesn't even see you because he's zoomed in at 12x?

You also really think that in the time it takes for you to see him in your binocs, then for you to lower them, bring up your weapon, sight on him and fire.. that he won't have killed you if that was his purpose?

Murder 1, premeditated. Life in prison. Any prosecutor who's ever been in the field will have you being bubba's girlfriend for the rest of your life. Maybe get it reduced to negligent homicide. Of course you'll be broke from defending against the civil wrongful death lawsuits.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
First thing I'm going to do before I "shoot back" is hit the dirt. Don't ask me how I know.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Only a dumbass could still think he was pointing a weapon.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Right don't mean much if you're dead. Seems to me the world is full of dumb [bleep], can't see helping them to reach the pinnacle of the dumbphucktitude.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm not saying pointing the scope at the warden was right.

But to shoot first and ask questions about it later, especially at a person, ranks high on the list of dumbphucktitude

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I ain't saying it was wrong, but pointing something that looks like a rifle from a distance don't help you even if right, as acknowledged by your last sentence.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Agreed.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
deleted due to late found restraint

Last edited by Oakster; 09/09/10.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Chicken smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nothing against the law about pointing a scope ata person - it does look like a weapon though- bet it works great-
[bleep]'m or he would have took it away - no laws broken!
anything other than hunting you might have got shot though - lol

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To me its a good thing you had that spotting outfit. Let you know there was someone sneaking around in the woods and to not shoot in that direction.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
In every predator hunting video on my shelf has the shooter sitting on his stand with his gun on his shooting sticks, stock resting near his shoulder. Motion kills predator stands. There guns are only moved a few inches to be in shooting position. They do not use binoculars etc.

After thinking about it, I will wait longer for a positive ID before beginning to line up. I never would shoot at motion, and never stated that I would.

I am man enough to admit when I am in error.

I would ask that you leave me out of your profanity filled 'better than thou' tirades in the future. I do not need to resort to name calling to prove my point. I also prefer to keep my name away from posts like that. I think that they are in poor taste. Doesnt take a big man to learn cuss words. Lots of people can find time to use them when they are drinking instead of working, or bossing their wives around.

I assure you that I try to be a safe hunter. I try to pass on safe hunting techniques to my son and the youth that I introduce to hunting. I can also assure you that I have formed a pretty solid opinion of ' Your Honor ', and it isnt really much I need to share.

Go on with your tirades, and your arguments, but leave me out of them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
That's what they get for sneaking around in the woods and not making their prescience known. I don't think you were at fault at all..!

+1

Clos

NRA Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They were doing their job, just handled this particular situation poorly IMHO. There job is to make sure game laws are being followed, our job is to follow the law and hunt in a safe manner. Scoping with a spotting scope is safe and not gonna be responsible for a negligent discharge. Spotting with the scope on a loaded rifle on the other hand is plain ignorant. I have a pair of binoculars or a monocular to verify I am in fact shooting at an animal. When predator hunting I set up in a blind or covered position with a know field of fire and limited access with the rifle at the ready. As mentioned above movement is your enemy when dealing with predators, but I still make sure of my target before bringing the rifle to bear. All of this is simply common sense, it is also why we had "free fire zones" in RSVN, you knew if they weren't yours they were enemy.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oakster
deleted due to late found restraint

My sincerest and honest apoligies to you for me calling you out in my posts.

I'm stating this publicly for everyone to see.

Your last post was a good one. Everybody makes mistakes and as long as a man sees the errs of his ways that's OK by me.

Good hunting to you,

fish head

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 15 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.