Still not a nice thing to do to family.................... grin

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In the world.....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No need to try to convince me. There's not another rifle made with the track record of the 700.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RDFinn
No need to try to convince me. There's not another rifle made with the track record of the 700.
Swampman? Swampman 2 or Swampman Jr?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The Delorian had a track record too as does Bill Clinton....

Me

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SAUMHUNTER79

This is the gospel

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clinton just got caught...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Are we talking a track record of accuracy, or are we talking a track record of trigger law suits. Seems like they're in a heap of trouble still with the never ending trigger issue.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Guys it's easy to see he's just trying to get a rise out of ya.

WGM is doing his best to restrain himself because you guys are bagging on the Big Green he worships. WGM-please, go out and shoot a Browning X-bolt.. Then come back, and tell us how you feel about handling a better rifle than what you are used to. You admitted that you never shoot anything other than Remington.. Give a real rifle a chance and you'll quickly realize that your Ford Taurus of the gun world lacks.... well, everything. Until you've tried something other than Rem-junk, you have no basis on which to compare other rifles.

Be warned though that it will be an ugly event when you realize what you have been missing, and you have to go home to a safe full of Remingtons...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by SAUMHUNTER79

This is the gospel
The gospel of retards, inbreds and retarded inbred trolls.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GaryVA

Are we talking a track record of accuracy, or are we talking a track record of trigger law suits. Seems like they're in a heap of trouble still with the never ending trigger issue.

If they need adjustment best to have the factory do this. When done right there're the best..............in the world.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And let's not forget glued on bolts and flimsy, sheet metal extractors, and at the Professional Hunters examinations in Zimbabwe, they came in dead last for reliabilty in dangerous game situations with extractors that are prone to breakage if dirt gets in them, rounds popping out when the bolt was slammed open during quick load attempts,and of course the fact the POS safety, in addition to beig UNSAFE, does not lock the bolt down when engaged. Great track record....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy

WGM is doing his best to restrain himself because you guys are bagging on the Big Green he worships. WGM-please, go out and shoot a Browning X-bolt.. Then come back, and tell us how you feel about handling a better rifle than what you are used to. You admitted that you never shoot anything other than Remington.. Give a real rifle a chance and you'll quickly realize that your Ford Taurus of the gun world lacks.... well, everything. Until you've tried something other than Rem-junk, you have no basis on which to compare other rifles.

Be warned though that it will be an ugly event when you realize what you have been missing, and you have to go home to a safe full of Remingtons...

Just because I'm bored ...

1. I haven't shot an X-Bolt, but have owned or shot A-Bolts (I and II), Winchesters, Rugers (tang safety and MKII), Remingtons, Sakos, Savages, CZ, and many more ... so I've got a little real world experience with which to draw on when making my decisions

2. I don't worship at the altar of "Big Green", but admittedly do favor them

3. I don't quite know how to say that ANY rifle is "the best" as a general statement ... Like optics, there are MANY factors that go into the overall design that I take into consideration when choosing a rifle, or an optic (scope or binoculars). With regards to rifle actions specifically, I look at weight, reliability, strength, mag box constraints, aftermarket parts and/or mods for said actions, ease of maintenance and/or field repair should that become an issue, etc... on and on and on. All those things go into my thought process.

4. I'm sure there are many rifles/actions that do one thing or another better than others, so each person should evaluate what it is THEY like and/or require before deciding on a rifle action or production rifle, should that be what they are looking to purchase and use. I like what I like, and never claimed that my choices are better than anyone else, or that anyone else should do what I do.

5. Just in case you decided to single me out because of my earlier post about "best" not meaning "better than anything else", I was merely pointing out that one should read any ad clearly for exactly what is said, how it's said, and what is not said ... usually much more info can be gleaned by reading between the lines, rather than reading the sales pitch being given directly...

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy

I wouldn't own a jap made Browning if it were free. Same goes for jap Howa/Weatherbys.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I hope my dad buys me a Remington when I'm old enough

Me too jorge.....write a letter to Santa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And let's not forget glued on bolts and flimsy, sheet metal extractors, and at the Professional Hunters examinations in Zimbabwe, they came in dead last for reliabilty in dangerous game situations with extractors that are prone to breakage if dirt gets in them, rounds popping out when the bolt was slammed open during quick load attempts,and of course the fact the POS safety, in addition to beig UNSAFE, does not lock the bolt down when engaged. Great track record....

Aren't those the guys who hunt [bleep] outta the back of a Toyota ? Real compelling.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Read this -
http://firearmsid.com/A_bulletIDrifling.htm

I was at a barrel shop one day and saw a barrel being broached.
The machine that they used to do it was made in the 1920's and still worked as good as the day it was new.

The broached barrel costs 3 times as much to make and takes 20 times as long to make it.

When you work for a company that makes several hundred thousand barrels a year, which process do you think that your company would choose to use? If Remington would have kept the old approach a new Model 700 would cost $1000 to manufacture and sell. Instead you can get one - that I was told are now being made in North Carolina - which is a right to work state for half that amount.

The Unions in this country is what did in the gun industry, not to mention the bureaucrats in Washington - that every time they need a couple more million dollars to spend, put's another excise tax on the fire arms and ammo.

A box of ammo probably costs them $5 to make, but sells for $20 or more. Where is all the money going?

When Dupont owned the company they could afford to make rifles at a loss. The new owners refuses to make less then 20% over cost.

With hammer forging, it takes about a minute to make a standard barrel, it probably takes the machine operator longer to put the blank in the machine then what it does to make the barrel. The lathe that was used to drill the hole in the center does not have to drill the hole on center - because the hammer forging is what determines the final shape of the barrel and the contricity.

A Hydroformed frame for a 1999 Silverado pick up truck could be made in about 5 minutes. How long do you think that it took General Motors to make a steel frame for a 1974 Chevrolet truck.
Probably 20 minutes. This is what we call progress.

If I had my choice, I would choose a 1999 Chevrolet truck over a 1974, but the 1974 was a lot easier to work on and needed a lot less maintenance. 350 SBC - once a year you did a tune up - Points, Plugs and Condenser. About every 5 years you might put on a cap and rotor and change the coolant. About every 7 you would put on fan belts, and spark plug wires.

Today the check engine light comes on and you have to take it to a garage and pay someone $100 just to look at it to tell you what is wrong. Even if you can fix it, you still might have to take it back again to get the check engine light shut off after making the repairs. I guess that is what they call progress.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Aren't those the guys who hunt [bleep] outta the back of a Toyota ? Real compelling.

I suggest you check your facts before you post. Shooting out of the back of a Toyota (or any other vehicle) is illegal and subject to fine and arrest. Still what you said is irrelevant. Even if they did, their testing protocol are renowned in the industry and Remingtons SUCKED. I just posted facts not BS you make up as you go along to buttress and untenable position

Last edited by jorgeI; 10/07/10.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good rifle or not, I imagine Remington's 700 sales have plummeted since Swampy arrived on the scene.

Keep talking Swampy, they'll have to give them away in another week or so.

LOL.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I hope my dad buys me a Remington when I'm old enough

Me too jorge.....write a letter to Santa.

Hey everbody, Swamprot has discovered how to forge quotes now. Now we can add lack of integrity to his many accolades.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,015
Posts18,520,703
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.