Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Tactical Solutions makes a lot of Ruger Mark II and III uppers and 10/22 barrels with integral suppression.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are illegal in California.

[Linked Image from ]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
They're not only legal here; they're FUN!!!

Here's my son shooting a SWR Spectre.....(listen to the birds in the background as a frame of reference).

[Linked Image]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Also check Game laws. Suppressors may be legal for target shooting, but rarely legal for hunting. Varmint control is yet another story. FWIW, Dutch.

In Oregon they are legal for all firearm hunting, I have been told they are not legal to own in Washington but I have no proof.

Not legal to own in California the last I looked.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Yeah. Same in Oklahoma. $200.00 tax stamp and a background check. No big deal.

It's only a name. It could just as easily have been Nosler Partition.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ConradCA
They are illegal in California.

only if caught!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Definitely go the Trust route don't get the LEO sig and fingerprints pay the $200 and wait!

Mike

Just curious, as I have been thinking about getting one, but why did you say "don't get the LEO sig"?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cool video thank for putting it up.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Definitely go the Trust route don't get the LEO sig and fingerprints pay the $200 and wait!

Mike

Just curious, as I have been thinking about getting one, but why did you say "don't get the LEO sig"?

It is far better to do a Revocable Living Trust and with that you don't do photo or fingerprints, you are still scrutinized by the feds and deemed eligible or not, but then when it is time to will the suppressor to a family member etc it is much easier and a smoother operation.

One guy on another forum is the county sheriff and can sign his own forms uses a trust as well it is just better.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Mike

It is far better to do a Revocable Living Trust and with that you don't do photo or fingerprints, you are still scrutinized by the feds and deemed eligible or not, but then when it is time to will the suppressor to a family member etc it is much easier and a smoother operation.

One guy on another forum is the county sheriff and can sign his own forms uses a trust as well it is just better.

Mike

Thanks, makes sense.

What is the first step to applying? Set up trust, then BATF form, then local Sheriff?

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Trust, pay for the item, send copy of Trust and $200 to ATF, then wait for them to put the stamp on the form 4 and send it back to dealer, then go fill out the yellow paper like when you buy a gun and they will give it to you!grin

That's the fun part!

check out www.silencertalk.com

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is that $200 per year or 1 time?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$200 at the time of purchase, no other additional costs - no yearly tax.

It is very pleasant to sit in camp and target shoot with no need for hearing protection.

The process in Idaho was remarkably simple and fast, much faster than I had expected although I don't recall the actual time line.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Perfectly legal across the pond. In Scotland one of my friends has a 22 Savage HP with a silencer that is a dandy Roe Deer & hare exterminator. There are literally rabbits (hare) by the hundreds in every field.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Spanokopitas,

If you really, really want to own a suppressor in CA, you might be able to jump through the hoops to become an FFL with the proper NFA licensing.

Unless you are seriously connected, it's unlikely you'd ever be able to own full-auto ( and possibly SBR as well ) in CA, but once you're approved by the Feds, suppressors are a gimme. Note that since you'd be an FFL holder, no $200 tax stamp.

Caveat: the above is based on info from '94-97 timeframe. State and or Federal laws may have changed since then.

If memory serves, the loophole a friend used was the Class II manufacturers license.

Regards,
Scott

P.S. Expect major scrutiny by the BATFE should you go this route.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Trust, pay for the item, send copy of Trust and $200 to ATF, then wait for them to put the stamp on the form 4 and send it back to dealer, then go fill out the yellow paper like when you buy a gun and they will give it to you!grin

That's the fun part!

check out www.silencertalk.com

Mike

Thanks. So you skip the entire LEO part with the trust?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Yes Sir!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Spanokopitas,

If you really, really want to own a suppressor in CA, you might be able to jump through the hoops to become an FFL with the proper NFA licensing.

Unless you are seriously connected, it's unlikely you'd ever be able to own full-auto ( and possibly SBR as well ) in CA, but once you're approved by the Feds, suppressors are a gimme. Note that since you'd be an FFL holder, no $200 tax stamp.

Caveat: the above is based on info from '94-97 timeframe. State and or Federal laws may have changed since then.

If memory serves, the loophole a friend used was the Class II manufacturers license.

Regards,
Scott

P.S. Expect major scrutiny by the BATFE should you go this route.

Scott---Thanks for the info. Some of my friends have FFL's but, to me, it is not worth the harassment. I can get along very well without a legal suppressor.---Spano.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
E
E
As others have pointed out, they are legal, depending on your state laws. Actually, I believe they are technically in CA, however, you first need to get a permit from the CA DOJ, who will not issue a permit unless you have the right connections, so for all intents and purposes they are illegal in CA. I wouldn't swear that is correct, but I'm 98% sure that is correct.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Okla. is ok w/ them, I have a little 10/22 Ruger I think AWP did the work, cant remember, its buried in the safe.
Sure is fun, all You can hear is the action slappin the buffer.
Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 84 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,721
Posts18,494,661
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.