Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SD knows very well who you are BL.

You claim to be Framis/Oldman1942/Larry's wife Karen but everyone here knows that you are merely pathetic little androgynous Larry of layaway rifle, I'll send the Secret Service after you, poor me infamy.
Come clean and step out of your gender confusion and into the harsh light of reality.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BossLady
You know SD, since you apparently don't know who you are posting to and are contributing nothing of value to this thread why don't just watch and learn from those of us who have ACTUALLY been through this process and wish to advise other members of the pitfalls associated with exports ?
In plain English, stop being a troll.

For those interested: I spoke with Customs Canada this AM and they have No requirement (as LongDraw stated) for an import license for telescopes and are not a signatory (sp?) to the OAS treaty that started the whole mess. So all the stupidity can be laid on our Congress and how the Commerce Department chose to implement whatever law the Congress passed.

What was the old TV show: "Incredible but True" ?

And some wonder why the Chinese will win in the long run?

Karen
You are absolutely correct! I do not know to whom I am posting because you claim to be just Framis's old lady and even said your name was Karen. Many think you are just Framis trying desperately to be a part of the clique... Not me though, because I always believe it when a lady tells me something... even over the internet.

As to being aware of what is going on, anyone could have done a search here and found this topic from a number of earlier threads. On those I may have even posted somethign of value. I just find it extremely funny that you went to your congresscritter and made them go through a lot of work when you could have done it all yourself pretty easily... Assuming you did... But you are claiming to be a lady and ladies do not lie...

You kept ignoring my posts and you almost hurt my delicate feelers. Happy to see my message is getting through though.
art laughing

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You are 100% correct, however when the USPS itself doesn't know the regulations, the average taxpayer is in a rather bad position unless she happens to be an attorney specializing in international commerce law.

Even the many people I have spoken with at customs and commerce admit it is a broken system because the agencies that oversee and ship exported goods don't speak to one another.

It appears from your avatar that you are a fisherman, just as an FYI don't try and export any bird skins with feathers (for fly tieing) to Canada or you'll be in the same boat as I am, except that you will have USF&W to deal with rather than Commerce.

Newt-Condi 2012
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karen
USPS knows their regulations just fine, usually... It is just when fools try to go around those with good info...

As to good info, please tell which non-CITES birds might be a problem between here and Canada. I just might know a little bit about that and I would LOVE to hear your version!
art laughing

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Are you guys saying this lady is a man(cross dresser) I am out of here, want nothing to do with that, just saying

Don't care what country your shipping to [bleep] 2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What ever happened to NAFTA???

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by anie
Are you guys saying this lady is a man(cross dresser) I am out of here, want nothing to do with that, just saying

Don't care what country your shipping to [bleep] 2

anie
Gender is a tough question in the case of BossLady on several levels...
1) There was a poster here and elsewhere under several different handles including oldman1942, Framis, etc. Said individual is noted for offering guns for sale on a lay-away system where you paid up front and were to get the guns months later... That would be pay in full and wait, not the usual a-little-at-a-time sort of layaway plan.

2) Said individual posted pictures of himself in "Unusual clothing" and S&M type appointments on another site.

3) Said individual posted pictures of a number of firearms.

4) Said individual was booted for major infractions (extremely difficult to get booted here)

5) BossLady showed up as a poster but was caught posting the exact same pictures as the former poster oldman1942.

6) BossLady claims to be spouse of said former poster... But only developed an interest in posting post her betrothed's dismissal...

7) All posters mentioned have a similar style and all make huge claims about all the legal damage they are going to do to those laughing at them. It is almost worth the time to look them up for comedic relief. Note the word "almost".

Please consider the above when reading the responses of others to BossLady...
art still laughing

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anie, if you wish to listen to and believe these trolls who stalk all my posts and try to sabotage any thread I post on.... well that's your choice.

I am not the topic, shipping to Canada is, so, as hard as it is with these trolls interjecting their BS on the thread, let's try and stay on topic.

Jordan, excellent question, rather than facilitating inter nation trade, out friends in Washington create a hodgepodge of conflicting, confusing and well, just stupid laws, regulations and rules that constrict trade and cause our economy to suffer.

Does anybody wonder why no major internet optical retailer sells out of the USA ?

Newt-Condi 2012
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hosslady, [bleep] off!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anie, if you wish to listen to and believe these trolls who stalk all my posts and try to sabotage any thread I post on.... well that's your choice.

I am not the topic, shipping to Canada is, so, as hard as it is with these trolls interjecting their BS on the thread, let's try and stay on topic.

Jordan, excellent question, rather than facilitating inter nation trade, out friends in Washington create a hodgepodge of conflicting, confusing and well, just stupid laws, regulations and rules that constrict trade and cause our economy to suffer.

Does anybody wonder why no major internet optical retailer sells out of the USA ?

Still waiting for enlightenment on CITES birds to Canada...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If you need "enlightenment" (as you do!) I suggest you call USF&W and ask them. Suffice to say they will not make it through customs without an export license.

Again, since you have missed it TWICE, the subject of this thread is: Shipping Optics to Canada..... BEWARE !

To the great ungulate: why don't you go away ? You are a classic troll defined as:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

I hope that for the ADULTS on this thread, some of this information will help you avoid a potential problem.

As events unfold, I will add posts providing updates. Thanks.

Newt-Condi 2012
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have had no problems with scopes purchased from the States and sent to myself here in Australia.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
After reading this post along with a host of others....I am amazed at the level of hostility among the posters here, no wonder I rarely visit. Matter of fact, time to hit the delete on my bookmarks. Other than JB's contibutions and a few others its not been than pleasant of a visit.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
On the other hand....I prefer the banter that goes with posting on these forums.

Sure as hell beats the heck out of the staid, insular muck on the other sites.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I shipped a Zeiss to Canada last year...not the cheap Zeiss either. Thankfully it got thru w/o a problem, as I was unaware of this.The USPS said nothing about an export permit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you need "enlightenment" (as you do!) I suggest you call USF&W and ask them. Suffice to say they will not make it through customs without an export license.

Again, since you have missed it TWICE, the subject of this thread is: Shipping Optics to Canada..... BEWARE !

To the great ungulate: why don't you go away ? You are a classic troll defined as:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

I hope that for the ADULTS on this thread, some of this information will help you avoid a potential problem.

As events unfold, I will add posts providing updates. Thanks.

Karen
You made a post completely unrelated to optics shipping on this very thread:
"It appears from your avatar that you are a fisherman, just as an FYI don't try and export any bird skins with feathers (for fly tieing) to Canada or you'll be in the same boat as I am, except that you will have USF&W to deal with rather than Commerce."

And you wish to claim others untrack your threads? And you cannot list a single CITES bird that a fly tyer might ship that might get one in trouble if discovered?

And should I contact Agent Mendelsohn in the VA headquarters as I did a couple years ago with a question, or would Assistant Special Agent in Charge Steven Oberholtzer be the better guy? I mean, you know so much about this subject that you want to give advice on it; which of these two is the better choice?

These are both USF&WS guys... NOT US Customs... Care to explain the difference? Or is this another example of attempting to deflect the heat?

Now you claim you are doing this to help people avoid problems if shipping scopes to Canada... When they could get better info by doing a quick archive search...
art

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No, if you think USF&W knows all the regs we are constricted by when it comes to exports you are naive. If you don't know the difference between USC and USF&W, well why don't you do a "archive search"? With all the name dropping I'm sure you shared a steam bath or two with Rowan W. Gould.

I did not bring up the feathers, one of the trolls did.

I noted several members saying they had done it and others suggesting how to lie to avoid Customs catching them.

I am not "claiming" anything. I am relating a series of events, the facts surrounding them and attempting to help other members avoid all the BS I am going through.

You do your "archive search", I'll stick to real time events.

There is no "heat" to deflect. The rantings of a few trolls, all of whom are on "ignore" is of no meaning and does nothing to advance the thread. Just as you are doing with your post.

If you have any experience or expertise on the rules governing international shipping, I'm sure the other members following this thread would enjoy hearing from you. On the other hand, if all you wish to do is muddy the water, then may I ask that you read not write ?

Newt-Condi 2012
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once again BL/Framis/Oldman1942 is confused and just plain wrong when he/she/it claimed that it wasn't it who brought up shipping feathers.

This is where it says it didn't bring it up.

I did not bring up the feathers, one of the trolls did.

And this is where it did in fact bring it up.

It appears from your avatar that you are a fisherman, just as an FYI don't try and export any bird skins with feathers (for fly tieing) to Canada or you'll be in the same boat as I am, except that you will have USF&W to deal with rather than Commerce.

Come clean BL/Oldman and you'll likely feel better about yourself.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oops another troll surfaces. Wonder what he is saying ?

Who cares ? Sad, sick, little man (?) YAWN

Newt-Condi 2012
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,928
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.