Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Brian, you are SUCH an azzhole.

Coming from you - you can't believe the size of the smile you just put on my face! grin

You can't be fully human if stories like this - don't make you a little perturbed.

I mean let's face the truth everyone. When people die, ignoring scientists advice - because they had FAITH some old man in the clouds is going to save them - it's just damn sad. I've known of kids who died - because their "believing" parents thought their kids didn't need a blood transfusion - FAITH was going to save them. It didn't.

In Canada, we've had kids taken from parents who wouldn't try chemotherapy - or radiation - because FAITH was going to save their child. It wouldn't.

It was FAITH that motivated the 9/11 murderers. It was FAITH that motivated the Ayatollah's death squads. It's FAITH that motivates the Taliban. It's FAITH that motivates the Chechens that blew up that school in Russia. It was FAITH motivated the man that murdered the Vancouver gynecologist. It was FAITH that motivated the Conquistadors to murder the original North Americans. It was FAITH that murdered so many during the Spanish Inquisition. It was FAITH that motivated the Salem witch trials. It was FAITH that motivated the Bali bombers. It was FAITH that caused the murder of the men serving on the USS Cole. Today the men in Iraq trying to kill US forces and the ones trying to kill US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan are all motivated by the same thing - FAITH.

FAITH - in what does not exist.

Get mad all you want, call me all the names you want.

It won't change the truth.

Some people can't handle the truth.

You have the same zealous faith, just in a different god. What you and your "church" forget is that God gave us all a brain. If the spiritual leader made the decision not to leave that is his choice he made with his brain. You see, God also gave us free will. That also covers your ass as well.

Bless your hot little pegan soul .. BP...

If not believing in god is a religion - then not collecting stamps must be a hobby! grin

re�li�gion   /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Show Spelled
[ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA

�noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic . religious rites.
8. Archaic

You like stamp collecting?

BP...

GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
name calling, and personal insults are just oh so wrong.

we can all agree to disagree, but personal insults take it a mite too far, imho.

unless one is breathing a higher octane air than another, then there's no way to justify name calling, ever.

we're all volunteers...offering perspective as we best understand it. and it's fun to argue about the pay-offs of 80 years of biologic life down here on the Earthen. grin

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

It was SIN that motivated the 9/11 murderers. It was SIN that motivated the Ayatollah's death squads. It's SIN that motivates the Taliban. It's SIN that motivates the Chechens that blew up that school in Russia. It was SIN motivated the man that murdered the Vancouver gynecologist. It was SIN that motivated the Conquistadors to murder the original North Americans. It was SIN that murdered so many during the Spanish Inquisition. It was SIN that motivated the Salem witch trials. It was SIN that motivated the Bali bombers. It was SIN that caused the murder of the men serving on the USS Cole. Today the men in Iraq trying to kill US forces and the ones trying to kill US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan are all motivated by the same thing - SIN.

[/quote]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I wanna know is how we gonna work evolution into this conversation?

And a pit bull.
And a [bleep].
And tazers.
And....

grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Eugenics came from trusting science. Thanks for playing...

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Gus

we can all agree to disagree, but personal insults take it a mite too far, imho.

unless one is breathing a higher octane air than another, then there's no way to justify name calling, ever.

we're all volunteers...offering perspective as we best understand it. and it's fun to argue about the pay-offs of 80 years of biologic life down here on the Earthen. grin

There are far too many folks here who automatically start personal attacks on people they disagree with.

How pathetic.

Here's a clue...if your only response to a post is name-calling, you lose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BrianBC the truckin froll

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BasicBeer
Originally Posted by Gus

There are far too many folks here who automatically start personal attacks on people they disagree with.

How pathetic.

Hang around a while.

The 100th time BCBrian makes a post insulting beleivers y'all might figure out who the troll is.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and on that note.

Behaving as though the religious rituals of some ancient tribal cult has anything to do with faith in the Creator-God and throwing it out here for "discussion" is somewhat less than a well baited hook.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

If not believing in god is a religion - then not collecting stamps must be a hobby!

That is exactly right. Some do have difficulty understanding what that means though. Think perogative, might help you to understand. Has to do with individuals and groups.

I'm assuming you fit into the individual or group category though.

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Oh, I imagine he knew the science... at 83, running from death isn't all it's cut out to be... or all that comforting... to some.

Kent

B
BDM Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Brian, are you implying that the spirits in the mountain took
the old man as some kind of sacrifice or something?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

No - I'll just be dead. I'll experience a total lack of thought. Like I do when I sleep - like I did when I was first growing in the womb. I'll just return to the earth - from whence I came.

Wow, that reminds of the dust to dust thing I read in a book.

Sounds like faith to me, since there would be a good bit of science going on after your death. You likely would not be aware of it though, since you are dead.

Then again maybe you will be aware of it. That science thing you know, all about molecules, atoms, even ash, and other scientific stuff. Still sounds like some kind of faith, either way it goes.

Last edited by slopshot; 10/27/10.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by BasicBeer
Originally Posted by Gus

How pathetic.

Hang around a while.

The 100th time BCBrian makes a post insulting beleivers y'all might figure out who the troll is.

BMT

OK, then my question is, if you think (know) Brian is trolling, why respond? What does it get you?

To tell the truth, when I see people reacting so blatantly to a troll I just have to laugh...

And boy, are you guys easy to troll.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well, I really do like to drink Kool-Aid at times.

Please note it is spelled differently than BCBrian spelled it.

If at all possible for you, please go back and read his original post, looking for incitement for some here, and not discussion.

If you can not see that, then my words can not help you.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
and on that note.

Behaving as though the religious rituals of some ancient tribal cult has anything to do with faith in the Creator-God and throwing it out here for "discussion" is somewhat less than a well baited hook.

Was thinking the same thing. And Christianity goes well beyond just believing in a Creator-God. It goes to the Lamb of God dying for the creation that purposely turned their back on the Lord, and lived for self and sin. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.
I almost said "and His Son" but cut it a little shorter for brevity's sake.

Figured it'd land on faithless deaf ears, anyway smile

He's right about one thing though, it's a shame to see people die like that.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Maridjan believed he had a duty to the late sultan of Yogyakarta, Hamengkubuwono IX, who had appointed him for this purpose.
At the time, he told one journalist: "I'm not afraid because it's my duty.

"I'm like a soldier - they are never scared," he added.

Brian, the reason the old man stayed was he believed it was his duty to do so. We know you don't understand faith, but don't you understand duty? We are free because those brave heros before us, and also now, understood duty. Why mix the two? Just to have another opportunity to bash those of faith? Well, this was not a faith issue, but one of duty to a respected dignitary who had appointed him to a task he took serious pride in.

Exemplify some class. I believe you can. You're a pretty good guy and quite informative regarding shooting sports. Stick to what adds to the forum and quit trying to pry folks from their faith. You won't be successful against something some of us are more certain of than that which we can see, hear and touch.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You are not the least bit sad. Its just a pretext for you to condemn everyone else's religion---while your's gets a pass. Hypocrite.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol

83 year old man decided to sit it out and put his faith in his maker

poor dumb bastid, missed the best year(s)??? of his life according to BC

I got no problem that you don't believe BC, why you got a problem with folks that do and sometimes choose a different path than you would?

for all we know the poor old guy may have wished it happened when he was 78 if that was when he got his last piece of azz

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 21 invisible), 14,524 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,984
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.