-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess my idea of a perfect setup would be a variable that you could crank down to 2X....with a 30mm body to allow enough travel to get 10 Mils of elevation. The 10X PMII's I run weigh in at 21 ounces. Leupold's 6X42 is quite a bit less...I'm still tossing that idea around.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A trim, lightweight 2-10x42mm with SOLID tracking, a dark reticle, constant eye relief, awesome low-light performace, a low-profile turret, and a great warranty is my idea of a perfect scope on a general-purpose hunting rifle.

My Swaro 3-10x42 AV comes close to that ideal, though it's not all the way there.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
A trim, lightweight 2-10x42mm with SOLID tracking, a dark reticle, constant eye relief, awesome low-light performace, a low-profile turret, and a great warranty is my idea of a perfect scope on a general-purpose hunting rifle.

My Swaro 3-10x42 AV comes close to that ideal, though it's not all the way there.

Easy solution:

Zeiss Victory Diavary 2.5-10x42mm T* VM/V

But it does unfortunately come at a hefty price tag...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Easy solution:

Zeiss Victory Diavary 2.5-10x42mm T* VM/V

But it does unfortunately come at a hefty price tag...

Are you sayin' ya get what ya pay for? Whodathoughtit?

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd like the MK4 6x40 reintroduced in M1.............

Stick,
Good to see you back. Been many a moon...

Could like an Ultra/Mark 4 6x40/42mm. That said I think SHOT is going to showcase the M5/Mark 5 S scopes which will crowd Schmidt on pricing and offer little more than rehashed specs(like 3x factor magnification spread), a 34mm tube, and locking turrets. Expect pricing to be goofy... Shot one on an Ashbury .338 Rifle with modest impressions to all but price.

Have but limited experienced with two [bleep] up Leupold Custom Shop 6x42s. Just had to have M1 turrets installed. Much like the Remington Custom Shop used to be they could dick up an off the rack rifle and only add a grand to the sticker... Should have bought them off the shelf.

Might even try a 3x or two...

Though I could settle for "Made in USA" back on the scopes...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
My wish would be:

4.5-14x50MM in the 30mm tube with the side focus.
1/3 MOA Elevation to give 20MOA in one rotation
Hunting reticle set up to give windage hold in 1 MOA increments to 8 MOA left and right.
Ranging bars for conditions that stop the laser
All the latest upgrades to lenses and adjustments
Custom DCT with wind holds for 10MPH at each range

Hope this happens as it would be the best hunting scope in the world.

"In the world"
Wonder where we've heard that one....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
My wish would be:

4.5-14x50MM in the 30mm tube with the side focus.
1/3 MOA Elevation to give 20MOA in one rotation
Hunting reticle set up to give windage hold in 1 MOA increments to 8 MOA left and right.
Ranging bars for conditions that stop the laser
All the latest upgrades to lenses and adjustments
Custom DCT with wind holds for 10MPH at each range

Hope this happens as it would be the best hunting scope in the world.

Mr. Burns,
You've made enough gratuitous assertions between your revolutionary aluminum bedding blocked HS Precision(B&C?), if HS they have been doing that for awhile now, no doubt you are aware. Now a slightly massaged second focal plane Leupold is the "best hunting scope in the world."?

Dunno why anyone would not make the move to a First Focal Plan Miliradian Based Reticle, .1 Miliradian Clicks, and a proper Zero Stop to circumvent the importance of 1/3 MOA Clicks and the 20 MOA Revolution. You've built a system around a set of chamberings/load parameters that could have just as easily been done with an off the shelf Miliradian based Reticle with intuitive .1 Miliradian based clicks, and AGAIN gain a proper zero stop.

I'll be the first to give you a pat on the back for the videos, however, the commentary that you are tagging on your own "system" is beyond the pale. I wish you well but $6k for a Leupold Scoped Remington with a ballistic cheat sheet? The same cash can cover a new GA Precision Rifle with a Schmidt Bender 5-25x56 PMII, LP, P4fein Reticle, in Badgers...

I had to laugh the other day when you listed "mounts" as one of your challenges of building custom rifles... You use Dual Dovetails. The simplest strongest mount one can buy for $40. Not to mention the factory pot metal Trigger Guard... All for just $6000.

Truly hate to comment negatively, however, your full court press on a basic known quantity as if it's something original is difficult to ignore. Your research behind the trigger of your choosen cartridges pays dividends, however, I don't see anything really new.

Like the .264 Winchester Magnum VLD combination... Great chambering.

Regards, Matt Garrett.

Btw, really NOT trying to come across as a gutter snipe. That said to call too much of it NEW or Proprietary seems a stretch. Where am I mistaken?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Whoosh....

And, here we go.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Whoosh....

And, here we go.

Yeah,
I'm excited about this discussion as well...

Regards, Matt.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

This is going to be FUN.

Bugger.....who has got an eating popcorn smiley??

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
+1 on Leupold making the 4x the same size as the 6x36.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd like the MK4 6x40 reintroduced in M1.............

Stick,
Good to see you back. Been many a moon...

Could like an Ultra/Mark 4 6x40/42mm. That said I think SHOT is going to showcase the M5/Mark 5 S scopes which will crowd Schmidt on pricing and offer little more than rehashed specs(like 3x factor magnification spread), a 34mm tube, and locking turrets. Expect pricing to be goofy... Shot one on an Ashbury .338 Rifle with modest impressions to all but price.

Have but limited experienced with two [bleep] up Leupold Custom Shop 6x42s. Just had to have M1 turrets installed. Much like the Remington Custom Shop used to be they could dick up an off the rack rifle and only add a grand to the sticker... Should have bought them off the shelf.

Might even try a 3x or two...

Though I could settle for "Made in USA" back on the scopes...

Regards, Matt.

Matt,

Hoping your World is well.

I remain content slicking up the good stuff,while others fawn over the most recent flavoring of schitt and it's inflated pricing.(grin)

"Yankee Made" would cheer me up and truth be knowed,it's been a damn longed time since anything got away from me...with any glass. Glass is great fodder for debate,but the money maker remains trigger time.

Best to you and your's.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Matt I will make a short list of your mistakes:

1. I never said the block was �revolutionary� it just has some advantages

2. Our scope is way more than slightly massaged

3. You probably are right that you don�t know the advantages of using MOA instead of Miliradians.

4. We don�t use a ballistic cheat sheet

5. Do you have a GA precision with the S&B that could be considered a hunting rifle and would you be willing to have a little competition against one of my systems?

6. We don�t use dual dovetails

7. The factory BDL floorplate is aluminum not �pot metal�

8. If our system is a known quantity please show me videos showing this to be true

You are right about the 264 Win Mag with the VLD but I would bet you have never used the combo yourself.

Hopes this helps out smile

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Right now I would kill for a popcorn eating smiley.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Thank you....I will have that.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oh Boy---I love it when we get into �Contest Mode�. Matt this is an easy contest!! All you have to do is pick a range and shoot at sunset with the bright sky behind the target and the target being shaded if you will. The Loopy will wash out because the bright sky will completely overwhelm the inferior optical performance of the Loopy by not allowing the target to be visible and will have a grey �haze� to look at. Have done this demonstration more than once for people who think that the performance of the Loopy is on par with the German or the best built US scopes in those conditions.

You will win by default by not even having to fire a shot LOL!!

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
We pay Kimber $800 + for a rifle that cost them less than $150.00 to make.
They market them to people who will pay them.

John Burns found his market just like Weatherby did to the Hollywood elites and blue bloods. He built them cheap and was able to get high dollar calling them the best. People were suckers for high polish blue.

Nothing like American know-how.

It baffles me here why people have a difficult time with that.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SU35
Nothing like American know-how.

It baffles me here why people have a difficult time with that.

Not everyone is a born salesman.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winston338
Oh Boy---I love it when we get into �Contest Mode�. Matt this is an easy contest!! All you have to do is pick a range and shoot at sunset with the bright sky behind the target and the target being shaded if you will. The Loopy will wash out because the bright sky will completely overwhelm the inferior optical performance of the Loopy by not allowing the target to be visible and will have a grey �haze� to look at. Have done this demonstration more than once for people who think that the performance of the Loopy is on par with the German or the best built US scopes in those conditions.

You will win by default by not even having to fire a shot LOL!!

You mean like this?
[Linked Image]

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,081
Posts18,521,825
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.