-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mm, which bogus pics were you talking about ?

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The one dave7mm put up a little earlier. It's one of a pair alleging to show Leupold's obvious suckiness.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

A peek through a 4-16X56 Hensoldt....Ok you mildot guys, how far?

Remember, the Vector never lies.....(grin)

Formula is:

Distance to Target(Yards) = Height of Target (Inches) divided by he Size(mils) x 27.77.

Assuming this is a nice Mulie Buck, then TOp of back to botttom of chest is about 15 inches and it looks like it subtends 2 mils so . . . . . .

15/2 mils x 27.77 = 208 yards.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 11/03/10.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good math!....you nailed it!

I carry a mildot master with me just in case something breaks.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SU35
Not everyone is a born salesman.

And not everyone is born a tool and die maker either.

So what.

Baffled a lot, eh?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was up today, shall we say, returning some deer parts to the natural world from whence they came, and did some intermediate-range shooting since I was up where my steel plates happen to be.

Conditions were excellent and I was glad I brought my toys. My 604-yd plate got a talking-to in the form of numerous consecutive 200-NAB's launched from my Sendero II SF, 300 WM. Not a sexy rifle or caliber. Scope is a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20. Jewell trigger.

I figure I've got about $2k in the rig. It does pretty good. I guess I'm of the mind that $6k buys a lot of ammo and a few more barrels! grin

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
.... the $2k isn't counting the lentils in the Crown Royal bag........

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's that taped to your stock..........Betty Crocker recipes ?

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RDFinn
What's that taped to your stock..........Betty Crocker recipes ?

Drop chart for the ammo and bullet . . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, no, Roy got it right. Well, almost.

It's the Cliff notes for the condensed version of Hemingway's "For Whom the Bell Tolls". It's a good read when you are waiting for the barrel to cool.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It sure isn't a list of Boone and Crocket record animals taken in New Jersey whistle Nice lookin' rig there Jeff.

To the original point of the thread: Dear Leupold, please continue to make your 4x33 and 2.5 scopes; include a 3x and an 8x.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
No, no, Roy got it right. Well, almost.

It's the Cliff notes for the condensed version of Hemingway's "For Whom the Bell Tolls". It's a good read when you are waiting for the barrel to cool.

Glad you still have a sense of humor.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Matt,

Didn't mean to be rude or show any rancor. You asked me to point out you mistakes when you provided an unsolicited critque of my products.

I did and now I am the bad guy? Heck I even used one of those smiley faces smile

Mr. Burns,
I question your veracity in the extreme about it not being your intention to be rude from the beginning...

Further I didn't know I needed to file a solicitation to question one of your many assertions. The comment about your Leupold being the "best(scope) in the world" would generally be considered enough of a solicitation for discussion. On an open forum such as this one it is practically an invitation...

You would have gotten far farther by actually addressing the questions rather than beginning with a "short list of your mistakes"...

All that being said I have gained more than enough of an idea about you from your responses to have quashed any further interest.

Regards, Matt Garrett.

Btw, I don't consider you to be a "bad guy". Simply someone with too little faith in their knowledge which leads them to respond in a dull, heavy handed, and offensive manner to any comment not couched as a compliment. I've found through the years that the smartest riflemen, shooting instructors, rifle/pistol smiths, etc. have without fail been those with the most to teach... They have gone out of their way to share all that they have depending on your ability to grasp it... You've proven the antithesis to that trend.

Though as the old saying goes a bad start makes for a good ending... Good Evening.

Matt Garrett

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've spent all of my extra money on rifles and scopes instead of my camera....

laugh laugh
Pat, check out the Canon G11 or G12.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is it small and compact?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat,

It's not quite as small as some point and shoot cameras but it's still considerably smaller than an SLR. It's got full manual control features and you can shoot in RAW format. (which doesn't compress the image and you've got complete control over the processing when opening in Photoshop)

The articulating screen is what sealed the deal for me. PERFECT for getting sweet field picts without the need for contortionist skills. smile

Couple of shots from AK that I had handy in my photobucket account that were taken with it;

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
summit #8 camera phone

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Matt,

My advice to you would be to not end your post asking someone to show where you are mistaken if, when they do as your requested, you are going to get all huffy.

Man up a little and take the free advice for what it is worth.

On a side note your are the first guy who told me I have �too little faith in their knowledge�. I think most guys around here don�t question my faith, just the knowledge end of it.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

5-25X56 S&B PMII@25X. It's a coyote. Notice the the bolt handle is down..about 700 meters out.

Morning Pat, it appears you may have a chart on your front rest? If so,do you have a better pic?

Many thx and as Wild Bill would say "shoot straight"

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Am I the only one that is thinking that the best way to resolve a lot of this would be to get John, Matt, and Larry in one place and have them bring their rifles, put them to the test, and video (and post) the results?

grin

Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,081
Posts18,521,825
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.