I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick

John is clueless and you'd do well to lend Matt your ear.

Just sayin'...especially given your knowledge base and "experience".

Thank me later.............

Dont doubt you one bit, but the constant attacks trashing decent threads gets old. Its uneccesary at best.

Rick
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts is facts and if you don't know WTF you are talking about,don't try to feign that you do.

What gets old(and fast),is the frilly notions espoused by folks such as yourself,that everything is great. It ain't and obviously.

Though it do add a little sumptin',that it all goes over your head.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Chesapeake
Im still lost on Matt comming in on a decent thread and going off topic just to call John out. Then spending the next few posts whining like a school girl that Johns response was rude. Realy, whats with that?

I can say one thing. If you took a run of the mill shooter like myself and had 2 guys with rifles, John with his setup, and who ever else with a Mill this/meter that rig. Gave them each 10 minutes to explain thier rigs to me, and then sent me out to engage multiple targets at varying distances. I can pretty well bet I'd do better with Johns rig.

Now thats not to say Johns rig is better, or even worth the money. Its just to say that I think its more intuitive for the average joe that doesnt care to become a millitant sniper type.

Given that thats Johns target audience, as well as Leupolds with thier CDS, ect.........it would be expected.

What realy seems funny to me is the sniper folks telling John he sells crap. And telling Leupold they sell crap. Thats about like telling Walmart they sell junk. They dont care, they sell what thier customers want at the prices they want to pay. Nobodies going to say Walmart and Leupold arent successfull. Even with his so called junk John is doing good enough to be a paid advertiser here.

To all the naysayers acting like they could field a better product at a better or equal price and be successfull. Where's your banners? I dont see your names listed as "Sponsor" of anything. Is it me or are none of the others that field a finished hunting rifle as a buisness model knocking Johns buisness aproach? Why does it seem like John and Huskemaw are in a market segment all thier own, and seemingly successfull at it? Why are so many folks in such a hurry to knock a guy for identifying and filling market niche?

Yeah I can see pounding him for the "aluminum block offsets the scope" comedy, but to attack his entire rig, and person?

Seems rather childish to me on several levels.

If you'd like to pay a fee to have a rifle spec'd out for you, I'm sure you can find a few takers.

The fact that you can get the same for few, save the time it takes to ask a few questions and consider the answers, is nigh priceless.

Facts remain facts, and I guess I might be an azzhole for telling you that you're being dense, but that doesn't change the fact that you are.

Hey, more power to John if he can get folks to stroke checks for a rifle that can be spec built more cheaply with the same components, or better. Life is full of "stupidity taxes", and if he can make a good living by cashing those checks, well, good for him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
His best Marketing move,was to refrain talkin' glass with Matt.

But even he knowed that..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hey, I'd contibute to a "shoot-off video" fund (though not a hell of a lot)--especially if the video could include the evening after the shoot, will everybody sitting around a real fire.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Am I the only one that is thinking that the best way to resolve a lot of this would be to get John, Matt, and Larry in one place and have them bring their rifles, put them to the test, and video (and post) the results?

grin

Smart money is on Stick...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just keep getting nibbles but boy that Little Fish is spooky

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much smart money??

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've long thought about a "Realathalon" Shoot.

MPAJ,no bipods or other stupid schitt,total glass removal from rifle(breaking ring saddless loose/reattaching same) to start and no sighters. A UKD and KD both,for giggles.

Just to sort who do shoot and how much and as an interesting observation to what gear do work and well..............

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Pete E,
If God wanted us to use the metric system..........Jesus would have had 10 disciples!

By the way can I put a 8X first focal plane reticle on my Model 71 Win. .....and be effective?

Cisco

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
How much smart money??

You get him to shoot and I'll come up with whatever I can scrape together. Don't try and make this a referendum on me and how much I'll wager; this is about you, Stick and Matt and who shoots the best.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nibble Nibble says the Little Fish

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.36" "clicks" and/or .25" "clicks"...matter not.

Erectors that track good dope do.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.33 MOA not .36 but you are spot on with the rest

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I said "click" dummy...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nibble Nibble

Are gonna play this game and where is Matt??

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts ain't a game,though your Imagination certainly is.............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont burn enuf ammo to hang with this crowd but would definitely be interested to see real world "rubber meets the road" shoot off. I can't stand the lil bastid but somethin tells me the midget aint gonna come in last. grin

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your buddies painted you into this corner and now are wondering why the you are hedging away.

We both know this game doesn�t have a happy ending for you.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.