Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
no one,

I've been here for the whole show. Suffice it to say I see things differently than you.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Calvin,

That kinda hurts because you have made so many well thought out common sense posts.

Any ways I know you are a good guy and I will try and win you over. No BS but not many I would say that about.

Damn!!

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i would love them all to get together and shoot it out and quit typing it out

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
John;

That's a red herring, and you know it.

If your product does what you say it does, it ought to be able to stand up against whatever Larry or Matt or anyone else has as far as being tested/evaluated by a neutral 3rd party, because to that 3rd party, ALL of the systems are "turn key".

If Larry sends, for example, a stock Remington Ti 7-08 with a 6x42 and M1s, with the drop chart taped to the stock and the loads for the rifle to John Doe for the test, it's just as much of a "turn key" system for John Doe as one of your Greybull systems that'd you'd send or a GAP rig that Matt would send.

That much, is obvious, IMHO, to everyone.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That was a common sense post. I've seen Big Stick shoot personally. You'd have to bring your A+ game to beat out his factory Ti.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
For the 3rd party, they'll all be "turn key systems".

You send one of your GB rifle/optics/load systems, and the other "players" send one of their rifle/optics/load systems.

The 3rd party doesn't know anything about the rifle/optics/loads prior to receiving the rifle, as they've never handled said system before, and they simply eval what the system is like for them.

A "independent" third party proves nothing, and just gives another opinion with no facts.

Each player brings his own rifle with his own shooting ability.
Pretty simple.
Either back up what you say or shut up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think an independent eval is the only way.
The question at hand isn't about who's the best shooter it's about which rifle system is the most capable.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
So how many who've posted on this thread would be be willing to kick in $20 (or whatever) to put together this shootin' match?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Does Little Fish sell a turn key system??

John ...

we've been around that block before, and that's not the point. You offer a rifle that's ready to be shot, period. As long as Stick, or whomever it may be, sends a rifle and ammo that's ready to be shot with no other work by the shooter than putting one in the chamber and going, then it's as "turn key" as yours ... what you may or may not offer your customer after the sale is a completely separate issue, and you know this.

I've said it before ... I'm sure you can shoot ... and I'm quite sure your rifles are sound, reliable and shoot very well. I don't even have an issue with your price point, as I don't want someone telling me what I can charge for my goods and services.

Where I take exception to your claims and assertions, is when you say that your rifle will "out perform" any other long range hunting rifle out there.

If you want to qualify that by saying "out perform any other turn key system offered by a commercial dealer", that changes the equation because you may very well be one of the few, if not the only one, that offers that. Further, by insisting that your rifle only be compared to another as such, is effectively trying to disqualify any other rifles from the equation, thereby making yours the "winner by default".

If you really want to prove something about the simple performance of your system, it shouldn't matter at all who put it together, who did the load workup, etc... it should only matter that someone else is pitting a completed system against yours ...

IIRC, I am the one that originally came up with the idea of having an impartial, qualified third party shoot your rifle against someone else's to see if it could perform as well or better than yours - based on your claims of performance.

I still would be willing to send my factory Remington "VS" .243win bbl'd action simply bolted into a PSS stock (no glass bedding) ... topped with a 3.5-10x40 Leupold w/ M1 elevation turret in Talley Lightweights ... shooting the 105 Amax ... and have a third party shoot it against your "custom" that will "out perform" anything out there...

that is, unless you want to continue to insist on it being "turn key" by your definition ... which of course, disqualifies basically any other rifle out there, making you the winner by default.

-WGM-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i'd send 20$ to watch it live

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
So how many who've posted on this thread would be be willing to kick in $20 (or whatever) to put together this shootin' match?

Im in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd nominate JB as the evaluator although I believe he is far too savvy to accept such a task.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm in.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
no one,

I've been here for the whole show. Suffice it to say I see things differently than you.

Apparently you do.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I guess I am missing something, why are a few so against John B and his rifles? They are not what I would want and I think everybody knows you can build one for less money, but if he can sell them and make a living doing what he loves without hurting you in any way why not let it be?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm willin'!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
another possible third party would be Montana Marine (Shane), if he would agree to it, of course. He can shoot as well as anyone, and at very long range ... he's always been very honest in his evaluations of everything, and has no dog in this fight in any way...

-WGM-
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
For the 3rd party, they'll all be "turn key systems".

You send one of your GB rifle/optics/load systems, and the other "players" send one of their rifle/optics/load systems.

The 3rd party doesn't know anything about the rifle/optics/loads prior to receiving the rifle, as they've never handled said system before, and they simply eval what the system is like for them.

A "independent" third party proves nothing, and just gives another opinion with no facts.

Each player brings his own rifle with his own shooting ability.
Pretty simple.
Either back up what you say or shut up.

No doubt that would solve the question of who's the better shooter.

But, the 3rd party could easily assess which system performs better, and if there were a couple/three evaluators, that'd carry more weight. It'd remove the shooter element of it and concentrate it on the rifles themselves.

Which has been and remains a central point of contention.

To the shooter(s), all the rifles would be just as foreign and just as "turn key system" as the others, because they'd all show up sighted in, load developed, drop charted, and ready to go.

Get the right evaluator(s) whose word is accepted and trusted, and who is/are KNOWN to know their schit, and it'd answer quite a few questions.

Though, yes, I'd still like to see the bunch go head-to-head.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Asking someone to fly a few thousand miles, during hunting season on vacation time to settle an internet dispute? Come on guys... Be realistic. Are we going to be seeing gold coins soon?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Well spoken Sako75 and KCBighorn.

We are at a crossroads here and nothing but a trip to the range will settle this matter. Though I don't know or particularly care about any of the participants in question, I will say that only John seems to be willing to step up to the line and fling some. Everything else is just hot air now.

Count me in for $20 John, as previously mentioned.

I also think I'll put another $20 on John if for no other reason that he seems to be the only one willing to shoot it out...which says a lot more than all of the empty rhetoric on this thread.

Last edited by iddave; 11/04/10.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.