Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I'll give John this:

Thus far, he hasn't flinched from saying he'd shoot his system vs anyone else's, and I believe he'd send his system to someone else to have them evaluate/compare it.

I, or anyone else, can disagree with his assertion that his system is "the best in the world", or that it'd outperform anything else, but his willingness to put it to the test is certainly there.

Kudos, and yeah, I wouldn't mind shooting it either.

As to shooting against him, sure, and I've no doubt I'd get my azz kicked. I'm a good shot, but not great by any stretch. And, I've no doubt I'd learn a few things.

There seems to be enough $$ offered up to ship rifles, should that be the route taken, btw...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's gonna be an awesome Big Sky sunrise, for some reason or another I bet Scenars already out there..grin

Have some luck yourself and make it your best day!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
passed up a 736 yard shot on an elk with the .375 AI the other day because the wind was howlin'. that rifle is equipped with turrets/dope but the wind kicks my a$$

snuk up on him to less than 100 yards and lost him anyhoo.

was a fun day.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Waiting, impatiently, for the season to open out here.

BTW - y'all suck... wink grin

And, yeah, no doubt scenar's already out there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I'll give John this:

Thus far, he hasn't flinched from saying he'd shoot his system vs anyone else's, and I believe he'd send his system to someone else to have them evaluate/compare it.

I, or anyone else, can disagree with his assertion that his system is "the best in the world", or that it'd outperform anything else, but his willingness to put it to the test is certainly there.

Kudos, and yeah, I wouldn't mind shooting it either.

As to shooting against him, sure, and I've no doubt I'd get my azz kicked. I'm a good shot, but not great by any stretch. And, I've no doubt I'd learn a few things.

There seems to be enough $$ offered up to ship rifles, should that be the route taken, btw...

I agree completely. However, those who have been around all the various shooting venues know there are those who are consistent winners. Not every day, but they shine more than occasionally. They shoot different rifles, shotguns, pistols or bows. There is not any one system that always takes the prize. One day one example wins and often another the next. The same would happen here. One day would only be an example of one, given good equipment and relatively even skill level.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Again, good luck to the Montana crew.

VA: Your not alone in being impatient and thinking those guys suck....

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
If I can manage it, I think I'll have to try to sluice another bird today... just 'cause.

And, yes, I know it's ML deer season in Virginia and NC, but there's a big difference between deer hunting and the time it takes to do that right, and KNOWING where there are turkeys very regularly, and being able to sluice one while still working the rest of the day.

Yeah, I know... that's cheating... sorta.... oh well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep it at 500 and I'll shoot a bone stock rifle with a plex reticle.

Won't win, but it shoots plenty good enough to kill stuff.

My only condition is that Jeff O holds the apple on his head.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You should feel lucky, I'm leaving to get the truck inspected. Just a great way to spend the morning.

Wack a Turkey for me.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Has anybody else wished for a Leupold straight 8 power, parallax adjustable with a selection of reticles and choice between turrets or no turrets?

Fred

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Royce
Has anybody else wished for a Leupold straight 8 power, parallax adjustable with a selection of reticles and choice between turrets or no turrets?

Fred

Can't say that I have, though I have been impressed with Leupold's efforts as concerns the fixed six powers.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I guess I am a typical consumer- If they came out with a straight 8, I'd want a straight 7.5 power in Matte with post and cross hairs, or some other combo that I wouldn't buy, and no one else would either.
But a good straight 8 would be dandy on an accurate 243-

fred

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear you, Fred.
The more choices a guy has, the more he wants.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
This is getting really good. What are the ranges going to be shot and what are the rules. Will the rule be---bring your own table and rest to shoot off of? Number of shots (sighters or not, time limitations etc.

Where will this little contest be held someone said Texas--sounds good being right in the middle????

When this is determined then we can start placing wagers or can everyone play!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Passed on several bull Elk last week, from 405 to 550 yards, no wind, had my 7mag Sendero full of 168 Berger VLD's and an inexpensive 10x supersniper with a Kenton turret, could'nt pull the trigger though, just to much work getting them out, been there done that, just wonderful to sit an watch em graze,gettin old I guess, Someone should organize an annual Campfire shootin match for members, would be a fun get together and be able to meet some new guys and show em whatcha got.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by oughtsix
John has called out the self rightous scum that infest this site. I love it..

Looking forward to seeing what transpires.. Now scenarshooter, seems like a great guy so I'm definatley not speaking of him.. And Johns remarks(complements) of Calvin seem to be spot on. Espically helping kids into the sport..

Stick lickin wantabee's need to step up or forever shut the [bleep] up.. Man that would be nice.

I'd be there but I'd get my ass kicked.. smile

Can't see dissin a mans passion.. He believes in what he's doing..

After reading the whole thing that's pretty much my impression, and I don't know any of them. Burns seems willing to make it happen, the others are hiding. BTW...I can hit a pie plate at 325 yards, with a stock Tikka Whitetail, 7 out of 10 times on a calm day. What do you think of that? grin

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by JGRaider
...I can hit a pie plate at 325 yards, with a stock Tikka Whitetail, 7 out of 10 times on a calm day. What do you think of that? grin

Hah, I can occasionally use the urinal without hitting the floor!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Add me to the chorus who saw John step up and, if I read sign right, even go so far as to offer to travel to the other guy(s) to shoot. The other guy(s) got awfully quiet, and shutting Stick up ain't ever not a good thing, if only obviously. smile

I sure as chit ain't signing off on the Leup 4.5-14 being the best hunting scope ever <grin>, nor on the concept of $6k turnkey "systems". But kudos to John for being willing downright eager to put his setup where his mouth is, in what would be a very high-profile test of same.

I hope it happens and my $20 is in the pot.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Some folks aren't realtors, hence they actually have to work. It's akin to your numerous 'victories'.

Glad to see you being a dumbshitt is still a constant.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I know it comes off strong but sometimes you have to put up or shut up and I hope the sane will give me some slack here as I call these punks out.

That's funny schit right there...
That & all the "Little Fish" bullschitt you keep throwin out...
Snake oil is all you got...high priced at that...I'll kick in some cash...if need be, more than $20 ...video posted would be priceless...

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,081
Posts18,521,825
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.