-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liked my PM's from Ray, he never mentioned selling anything even once. In fact he only PM'ed when I discussed do it your self hunting.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SU35
Then there are those that have vast areas to hunt in the West, Canada, or Alaska so if you hunt different STFU.

STFU...?

Ray represents 90% of the outfitters out there who are nothing but crooked.

You know the percentage, how?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by djpaintless

To summarize, Mr. Atkinson has stated that he will no longer post on any internet blog following what he feels was ill treatment on another internet site. Specifically see the AR thread mentioned earlier.

......................DJ

I have never seen him post on a net "blog"-just Forums.

What is the difference between a blog and a forum?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like picking flyshit out of pepper.....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by djpaintless

To summarize, Mr. Atkinson has stated that he will no longer post on any internet blog following what he feels was ill treatment on another internet site. Specifically see the AR thread mentioned earlier.

......................DJ

I have never seen him post on a net "blog"-just Forums.

What is the difference between a blog and a forum?

A blog is a personal journal that is shared online. A forum is what you are reading here at the Campfire.

Here is an example of blog and forum:

Jim Zumbo got "fired" from OL because of his blog about assault weapons.

Atkinson got "fried" on here and other forums because the hunts he was selling did not appear on the up and up.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well, I have to say this has been both interesting and educational, both this thread and the linked AR thread too. Not that I will ever go to Africa, but I have always wondered about the use of booking agents for any outfitter anywhere. I know some outfitters likely cannot be trusted and it is certainly obvious from this that there are certainly booking agents not to be trusted either. Not to say that is a big revelation smile.

I think this illustrates the need to do a bunch of personal research and at least talk to several selected outfitters (and/or agents) yourself. It is your money at stake and your backside potentially in harm's way.

Sounds like some knowledge of the Lacey Act might be a good idea too. Probably tedious and boring reading but it looks like it might be a good idea. Might help you to ask the right questions.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have set back for a couple of days on this to see and here people jumping on the bandwagon.Maybe Ray did make a mistake in his buisness and I don't no or care.

My point was,Ray has so much to offer in his actual hunting experiences that far exceed 99% of the people on this forum.I stand by that...

There are a few that fear Ray and his answers and jumped on early, that rarely post out of the African forum which is a dominant forum anyway you look at it.I read it for humor,in some cases.

I never once saw one of these guys on this forum and thread slam Ray aka JJ/JB/458 or CB jump in bashing Ray with equal or close to experience...Are they just grown up or......

You guys lost a volume of info from a man that has hunted all his life and rely only on internet cliches your either in or out of.

I think it is sad..Not for Ray but those with way less experience that could have learned by his....

Chit happens and the internet goes on....

Jayco

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I first read all this crap, I thought it was just a matter of one outfitter (huntsonora) bashing another. This most recent event, along with Ray's lack of response is making me think otherwise. A good example of what I'm referring to would be with this fellow named John Burns, the owner of GreyBull Precision. Lots of guys jumped on him claiming he was over charging for a rifle system he offers and those same folks claimed they could build the same for less. John's response was reserved to say the least and offered anyone making such claims to put up or keep walking. That is just the opposite of what Ray is doing.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ray has so much to offer in his actual hunting experiences that far exceed 99% of the people on this forum.I stand by that...

You're kidding, right?

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
SU

How old are you and how long have you been hunting?

An honest question..

Jayco

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm 53 next month and hunting/killing stuff for 48 years.

That's an honest answer.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Far short of Ray or even little 'ole me.That's the problem..Everyone thinks they know it all..I sure don't and rely on older hunters for advice on things I have not yet seen and I made my living working in the woods...

I learn every year I go out and certainly have not seen it all although I have alot of years doing it.

Jumping Ray is a High School thing,not an adult thing!!!!The truly tough,don't talk about it...

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by splattermatic
what are you talking about ?
what i miss ?
ray got banned or something ?

I haven't read this thread, but just in case there is any doubt, Ray did NOT get banned, nor was it ever under consideration.

Carry on ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by logcutter
Far short of Ray or even little 'ole me.That's the problem..Everyone thinks they know it all..I sure don't and rely on older hunters for advice on things I have not yet seen and I made my living working in the woods...

I learn every year I go out and certainly have not seen it all although I have alot of years doing it.

Jumping Ray is a High School thing,not an adult thing!!!!The truly tough,don't talk about it...Jayco

Explain that to your podnah, Ray.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Logcutter, What advice are you looking for from Ray?
Advice on 26 inch pronghorns that Ray has claimed too see?
You do realize 26 in. pronghorns dont exist, dont you?

Advice on 40 inch wide mule deer that Ray claims to have on his property, not only does he have 40 in. bucks on his hunts, Ray says out of 7 or 8 hunters 2 or 3 will harvest these mythical 40 in. bucks. By those numbers he is at 25 percent or better on 40 in. bucks.. You do realize that is impossible dont you? And Ray offers these hunts for 50 percent less than other outfitters, Really?

Would you like his advice when your sitting in a different country under arrest for poaching?

If so feel free to grab the hunt in question, it's only a 25 thousand dollar gamble.

Last edited by Kenneth; 11/10/10.
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have never met Ray nor ever had PM's or e-mails with the man,let alone phone calls or anything else....

Just saying, the net sucks sometimes and everyone ends up a looser in the end!!!

Jayco

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You could have said that in your 1st, initial post and called it all good, Jayco.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Old Toot...

I'm to old to be smart yet young enough to be dumb..I don't have a thing against any poster here,infact,a few I really like...Just trying to make a point about bashing others,especially someone like Ray with alot to offer those not as vocal as being posted on this thread.

Man,theirs a ton of watchers, just listening, yet unwilling to jump into a fire and get bashed as the net does by 50 year olds knowing more than almost 80 years olds,both doing the same thing but the older longer..... .

As Rick said..Carry on...

Jayco

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jayco,

You should have never started this post and made the claims about Ray that you did. We all have a natural tendency to doubt and say prove it.

I don't doubt some of Ray's extensive firearm/outdoor knowledge but also knowing he was biased, aren't we all!

I think the old cowboy knew how to put a pretty good spin on things though, honed at real campfires. He was better at that than 99% of those here.
He was a professional at turning dudes into clients.

He's probably a great husband and family man.

Like it says, the root of all evil is the love of money. Ray got caught, and that may be a good thing for the long run.
Each of us has that same nature it's what we choose to turn loose. None here better than Ray and Ray no better than anyone here.
Some make better choices than others though.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 66 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,389
Posts18,527,717
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.