Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
on National Wildlife Refuge land..?

I was browsing the National Wildlife Service (NWS) website to make sure it's legal for me to conceal carry on NWS land.

I stumbled onto the [color:#3333FF]Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge[/color][/b] page. Have any of you folks seen this, it's news to me.

We're trying to prevent illegals from entering the U.S. but allow "Humane Water Stations" to be put up.

Why do we allow this...? From and offical Department of Interior document:

"[b]Why does the refuge need to allow water stations on the Refuge?

In the past eight years, 25 people are known to have died on refuge lands due to dehydration or
exposure while trying to cross the desert, where temperatures average in the mid-90s during the
summer months. While the number of deaths on the refuge has been steadily declining from six
deaths in 2006 to two in 2009, the Service recognizes that every death that can be prevented should be prevented.

Well BOO PHOOKIN HOO....! Maybe we should place free ammo tables in banks so when crimals run out of bullets, we can help them commit their crime.

mad mad

Who is in charge of this circus. The inmates are running the asylum...

Here's [b][color:#000099]some more[/color][/b] reading [b][color:#000099]on the subject.[/color][/b]

Like the rest of you, this just burns me up.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

I was browsing the National Wildlife Service (NWS) website to make sure it's legal for me to conceal carry on NWS land.

I stumbled onto the [color:#3333FF]Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge[/color][/b] page. Have any of you folks seen this, it's news to me.

We're trying to prevent illegals from entering the U.S. but allow "Humane Water Stations" to be put up.

In the past eight years, 25 people are known to have died on refuge lands due to dehydration or
exposure while trying to cross the desert, where temperatures average in the mid-90s during the
summer months. While the number of deaths on the refuge has been steadily declining from six
deaths in 2006 to two in 2009, the Service recognizes that every death that can be prevented should be prevented.

Well BOO PHOOKIN HOO....! Maybe we should place free ammo tables in banks so when crimals run out of bullets, we can help them commit their crime.

mad mad

Here's [b][color:#000099]some more[/color][/b] reading [b][color:#000099]on the subject.[/color][/b]

They should set them up in bank vaults too, in case some bank robbers should get thirsty while pulling out heavy sacks of cash.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Their all over the place on the Tohono O'odham Reservation.
Set up by church and humanitarian groups out of Tucson mostly.
Been going on for years....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
As I understand it, even the most die hard anti-illegal residents of the area, including ranchers and land owners, would not deny water to a thirsty man, woman, or child crossing the dessert.

That is simply a matter of humanity.

Catch them all and send them back? yes.

Deny them a drink of water in the heat of the dessert? I could not do it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought hunting over bait was illegal. grin

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
As I understand it, even the most die hard anti-illegal residents of the area, including ranchers and land owners, would not deny water to a thirsty man, woman, or child crossing the dessert.

You don't see this as a way of saying it's okay to do what they are doing?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How about we staff all the water stations with police so we can arrest the illegals after they get a drink of water.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

mad...Bleeding Heart.....

Would you walk across the desert with no water...?

Would you walk across the desert with properly positioned water breaks..?

Take away the incentive and you fix some of the problem. IMO, there's really no way to argue FOR leaving the water out there.

I wish someone would sneak in there and fill em up with saltwater..!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ALOT of the stations get shot up or destroyed...

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Makes two of us Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard of this on South Texas ranches too.

The way I understand it there is that for those ranchers doing this, providing water is far preferable to coming across the wretched remains of people dead of dehydration.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
especially children,had a buddy working on a oil rig on the king ranch. they had a group of wets come up to the rig looking for water. the wets had a toddler that was traveling with them killed and eaten by coyotes the day before

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My thoughts exactly.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GregW

No, I don't. Illegal immigration is a crime, but last time I looked it doesn't carry the death penalty. I also would think the water stations would be a great place for La Migra to blind up and wait on business to come to them.

Where I hunt south of Sonora and 70 miles north of the river people leave bottled water, food and toilet paper stashes in their remote sheds and barns and leave them open. Less damage that way. These are ranchers with no love for wets, but they are also human.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Take away the incentive and you fix some of the problem. IMO, there's really no way to argue FOR leaving the water out there.

That would be a good way to get shot. By the ranchers who built many of those water tanks to keep their cattle alive.

Poisoning a man's stock, or a thirsty traveler......good way to get on several "hit lists".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

mad mad

There was a "person" (in name only) that I used to work with. His comments about what went on at the SuperDome after Katrina made me think he was the biggest, stupidest a##hole to be born in the 20th Century. Until I read this post of yours.
Chris

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That would be a good way to get shot. By the ranchers who built many of those water tanks to keep their cattle alive.

Poisoning a man's stock, or a thirsty traveler......good way to get on several "hit lists".

yep, poisoning or interfering with a water supply on somebody else's property in the desert would rate down with spreading caltrops and blastin water holes. If'n you got caught, you'd get dead, pronto....by either side.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by GregW

No, I don't. Illegal immigration is a crime, but last time I looked it doesn't carry the death penalty. I also would think the water stations would be a great place for La Migra to blind up and wait on business to come to them.

Where I hunt south of Sonora and 70 miles north of the river people leave bottled water, food and toilet paper stashes in their remote sheds and barns and leave them open. Less damage that way. These are ranchers with no love for wets, but they are also human.

Gee Steve, do you think we are that gullible? "La Migra" won't set up on waterholes. To do so would discourage the wets from using them. They would avoid them, even if it meant risking dying of thirst. That wouldn't be very humanitarian now, would it?

Nope, the wets will keep coming, and we won't harass them at the water stations. The pro-immigration Republicans (know any, Steve?) will tell the decidedly anti-immigration public that they "feel their pain" (heard that before?) but that it is simply too inhumane to turn the wets away. And the tide will continue to flow....

I wonder if the Romans set up water stations for the Visigoths?

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T LEE

Makes two of us Sir.

Three now!

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I also would think the water stations would be a great place for La Migra to blind up and wait on business to come to them.

Well that makes sense but seeing that 99.9% of the drinkers are illegals would be racial profiling...no.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (35, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 6 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.