Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Rattler;

No disagreement.

However. There's a huge difference between removing water stations, or not having them in the first place, and actively poisoning those stations.

Agreed

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
wouldnt poison them.....might leave them out their empty....know if i came across one might be tempting long range target practice....

next thing you know we will be putting keg stations along the northern border to give the illegal Canucks aid in getting to civilization.........

It's just about time ,in this well meaning and very timely thread to point out that most everybody posting,...bellicose, Nazi, Stalinist, or humanitarian is,.... by and large, [bleep].

At least in this part of the world.

Even holing these "stations" with a long range rifle would endanger one's freedom.

The UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL protects the goddam things....

now,...anybody want to argue THAT ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/15/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somehow, I don't think killing peons is even a small solution to the problem.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

only a dumbphuck takes off across a desert without water.....they broke the law entering the country, dont see why they should be helped.....they dont want to die of thirst they can stay home in Mexico......

And what looks like enough water when you start can turn out to not be if you get stuck for a while. I don't want them here either but there is a big difference between not wanting them and letting them die of thirst.

Last edited by chris112; 11/15/10.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Is it me or are most of the people that hate the idea of water stations nowheres near the border?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chris112

only a dumbphuck takes off across a desert without water.....they broke the law entering the country, dont see why they should be helped.....they dont want to die of thirst they can stay home in Mexico......

And what looks like enough water when you start can turn out to not be if you get stuck for a while. I don't want them here either but there is a big difference between not wanting them and letting them die of thirst.

once again if they didnt cross the border they would not be in danger of dieing of thirst.....they made their choice they can live(or die) with it.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is it me or are most of the people that hate the idea of water stations nowheres near the border?

Perspicacious observation, ....that.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

once again if they didnt cross the border they would not be in danger of dieing of thirst.....they made their choice they can live(or die) with it.....

Just for gits and shiggles,.....how many dead folks have you had turn up in a 100 mile radius of you place,....over the last coupla' year, rattler ?

I'm talking about REPORTING a cloud of vultures kinda' turnin' up,....and a few times just by SMELL !

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i live in a place where the weather kills with surprising regularity.....ive helped rescue stranded ppl that werent bright enough to be prepared.....but when i leave town in winter im prepared to spend 24-48 hours in temps well below zero stranded along the road.....im smart enough to not become a statistic due to stupidity and ignoring obvious dangers.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Just for gits and shiggles,.....how many dead folks have you had turn up in a 100 mile radius of you place,....over the last coupla' year, rattler ?

I'm talking about REPORTING a cloud of vultures kinda' turnin' up,....and a few times just by SMELL !

GTC

can think of a dozen in the last 8 years......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup,.....point taken.

I lived just NORTH of you for a LONG time and understand the excingencies of climate,...and "Preparedness.

"can think of a dozen in the last 8 years......"

Try thinking in the HUNDREDS,...and a LOT of them kids,.....

Maybe you guys should boot up an "Arctic Ice Reality" thread, and discuss leaving old worn outs out on the Ice for the White bear, or something.

I'll DAMN sure thank you for avoiding playing "Conscience" to us here on the line, and how we deal with our own variety thereof.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
finding hard to get a read on you GTC, yah want something done bout the border but not willing to let the law breakers that cross deal with the reality of the terrain.....granted im a bit of a fatalist but still.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's NOT your damned Rifle Range where YOU are going to "Recreate" ,....and finding instead Corpses, and having to wade through filling out paperwork,.... Is it....?

I'm not "Wanting something done about the border", Mister I am [bleep] well DOING something about this mess,.....and have been for a LONG time.

..... denying lost people water, in a DESERT, is just flat WRONG.

Sorry, I'll never sign onto that,
so, carry on, continue to have your hard read....

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
problem is i can only see the water stations as encouraging the crossing of the border.....i dont insist on self contained warming huts for the dumb [bleep] that decide to take a remote pass to save time on a road trip while not even bothering to take winter clothes with them when the weathers closing in and they were safe and warm where they were at.....build the huts and more dumb [bleep] will take the risk cause they think they have insurance against their stupidity up there if chit goes wrong.....

deny them water if yah come across them? no i wouldnt suggest that.....provide them insurance against pure stupidity? [bleep] no.....

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Perspicacious observation, ....that.

GTC

I would also bet that very few of them have gone twelve hours or more without a drink of water in the desert heat.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look,....can you even REMOTELY begin to grasp, or get a grip on the FACT that it's not Ron,
It's NOT Kent,
It's Not Enrique,
and It's Not Tom,
....or ME putting the fuggin' water out there ?

It's "Volunteers",...and they are backed up and supported by the "HSA".

WTF are you BEEFING us Aridzonans about this,.....it's a FEDERAL issue.

all's anybody down here has said is that , once it's out there, don't screw with it.

Jeez,....

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and once again i say its a sign post saying cross the border....if you dont want them to cross the border dont help them make the decision to do it.....thats all im saying.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd like to see one of these guys if given the chance denie someone dying of thirst a drink of water. it would take a person with a heart black as coal and no soul to do such a thing

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and once again i say its a sign post saying cross the border....if you dont want them to cross the border dont help them make the decision to do it.....thats all im saying.....

And your thinking that completely REMOVING these water stations would slow the influx / invasion down one GODDAM bit just shows how far out of touch you are with what's actually going on here, Bud.

It MIGHT make things a bit more HORRIBLE,...it WON't make things any better.

GTC

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we all ought to be humanitarian in our actions.

but, to be taken advantage of is just oh so wrong. it's like vagrants going to Churches and asking for handouts and money to be used on who know's what expenditure.

we're being duped, in the name of humanitarian goodness.

the risk-takers need to understand the risks, or stay home. to help the needy is worthy, to be duped is to well, be taken advantage of by the perps.

the signs at the borderlines need to go up, and state there's no more potable water for "x" number of miles, travel at your own risk, and spell it out in Mexican, or Guatemalen, if the Mexicans allow the message.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (achadwick, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 13 invisible), 978 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,921
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.