Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rattler
i live in a place where the weather kills with surprising regularity.....ive helped rescue stranded ppl that werent bright enough to be prepared.....

You won't surprise me, but I don't see the difference. Quite the opposite - one guy is a idiot that forgets his galoshes and the other is dying of thirst trying for a better life.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Gus
let's shift the argument a click or two to the right, ok?

shut off the unnatural flow of water, if sold at less than market prices?

is that a fair start? then, let's deal with particulars, ok?

noone benefits from the natural flow of water except the direct beneficiaries?

water, what's it good for? anyone know? wink

Unreal, you are one [bleep] up retard. Let's undam all the rivers, cap all the wells, pull all the pipe... why don't you just walk to the nearest natural water source and bucket your water... this is in your neighborhood, you won't be worrying about us in the desert then.

Kent

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Gus
let's shift the argument a click or two to the right, ok?

shut off the unnatural flow of water, if sold at less than market prices?

is that a fair start? then, let's deal with particulars, ok?

noone benefits from the natural flow of water except the direct beneficiaries?

water, what's it good for? anyone know? wink

if there ain't sufficient water to survive in your part of the desert you might want to consider packing it out?

i dunno.

shipping in water is expensive, and someone always pays, unless it's for free?

seriously, it's a big ball of wax to try to unravel. but, it's come time, or nearly so, to attempt the unraveling, to allow a more natural solution. (short of free energy of course).

but, how do we attempt such a gargantuan task, while the profit-makers hover above the process??

i dunno, i offer that much input.

Unreal, you are one [bleep] up retard. Let's undam all the rivers, cap all the wells, pull all the pipe... why don't you just walk to the nearest natural water source and bucket your water... this is in your neighborhood, you won't be worrying about us in the desert then.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Some of you guys bitch about the border problem 24/7.

Then someone bitches about the fact that water is put out for illegals and ya'll bitch about him bitching.

Make up yer [bleep] minds, you don't make the rules or form the opinions for the rest of us just because you choose to live in that chithole.

I don't see anything wrong with providing water, but I can't stand how everytime somebody voices an opinion on the border issue, our local experts parachute in and attempt correct everybody's thinking.

If it hasn't dawned on you yet, you will need the rest of the country to help solve this problem. So you might want to be a little more understanding of folks opinions or you experts may be left up to your azz in illegals.

JM

Who's bitching? we're riding a hot issue with a high degree of success having a fundamental change in our federal government. We also supply real facts and figures and personal experience to add flavor to the story and keep it current in people's minds.

We don't need anyone saving us, the illegals/drugs are headed your way, they aren't stopping here, we're taking care of ourselves just fine.

All we can do is put the truth out there, you don't like it... too bad. Vote the way you want, support whoever you want... that's the American way. I think we have woken up many with facts and possible solutions we suggest. Not once have we asked anyone to come save our azz... save your own or not... just don't come down with your 'varmint shooting' or 'water defiling' talk and expect a warm welcome.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
i live in a place where the weather kills with surprising regularity.....ive helped rescue stranded ppl that werent bright enough to be prepared.....

You won't surprise me, but I don't see the difference. Quite the opposite - one guy is a idiot that forgets his galoshes and the other is dying of thirst trying for a better life.

aint forgetting goloshes......more like forgetting a sleeping bag and the works.....-40 is a b!tch to survive in without real protection.....and one is helping the guy you come upon versus setting up a way station to protect someone from their stupidity......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez
I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I am the president of Water Station, a non-profit group that establishes and maintains emergency water sites in California.

What we do not do is guide or help anyone in crossing the border, provide assistance in finding work, shelter or hide anyone who has crossed the border. What we do is leave water along some of the desert trails that people use.

We have permits from the BLM and California State Parks, as well as other agencies and landowners with jurisdiction, and we maintain an excellent working relationship with the U.S. Border Patrol. We just completed our eleventh year working in San Diego & Imperial Counties.

It amuses me when I see the hypocrisy of people who claim to believe in Conservative principles, but who advocate vandalizing our stations. One of the main tenets of Conservatism is a respect for private property and yet here they are advocating the destruction of our private property.

If you have any questions (even one you might think are difficult), I'd be happy to answer them.

Ben

You sound useful.
You ain't skeert of snakes and lizards and other creepy crawlies, are ya? Several species in the area I'd add to the collection. And you won't even have to water them, just bag, box and ship.

you sound like me...."wait, you live in Arizona? are you scared of catching scorpions?".....told the wife i was thinking bout getting snakes again this spring and her response was, and i quote, "[bleep] im gonna get bit AGAIN i just know it!"

Last edited by rattler; 11/17/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by JOG

aint forgetting goloshes......more like forgetting a sleeping bag and the works.....-40 is a b!tch to survive in without real protection.....and one is helping the guy you come upon versus setting up a way station to protect someone from their stupidity......

It's helping the guy you come upon and not taking an ax to the way station destroying it, that a 'Charity', even if it's leftist, built in an area known to kill people because of the lack of.

No one's asking you to go build one.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look, Kent,...as a friend pointed out yesterday rattler's one of the good guys,.....this is a philosophical issue that will probably remain unresolved, I'd venture.

We ARE being "ASSAULTED" (pun intended) in a metaphoric sense by some far more dangerous types.

We'd best sew this one into a good well intentioned shroud ,....and gird our loins for discussing the WEIRD and totally [bleep] up verdict outta' Gitmo today.

I like the BULK of the folks here,.....if I have any "Enemies" you'll know it pronto......and usually do

The few I have being some sorta' deviate Homo Power types, easily identified, and known better then any of us would volly up for.

Rattler, KRP,....God Bless ya' both

Now go play ....."........Mud Below"

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I was just trying to put the parallel on even footing, I know rattler's good people, I really enjoyed his family pictures... as is JW, though he called where I live a chithole... LOL...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not sure what's up with that, either

Busy here,....

been under attack by a mob of hankie and Kleenex throwers,.....

Damn, they are a [bleep]' nuisance ( forget the threat bit, THAT they ain't)

Ya'll have a good evening.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ahhh, there ya go ooops, that little diatribe musta made you sniff, grunt and pull up your big boy pants with an air of superiority huh?
Man, you really do, take your self more serious than your subject don't you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent,

We're not the the one's bellowing like an azz shot cow on here day after day.

The hole in your dike affects the rest of the country as well, but you seem to not realize this.

Good luck with protecting the water stations. Chances are, illegals will vandalize them before Americans do.

Might want to set up some remote cameras at them as well, at least that way they will be of some benefit to Americans also.

JM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to reinforce Kent's statement that we have NOT asked for your "Help", outside of the "Write your reps" angle.

He's dead right about the water, just don't be [bleep]' with it, alright ?

Calling ANY part of the Nation a Chithole is both Cavalier, and rather RUDE, mister.

I think we have a pretty good handle on being the "Hole in the Dike", too.

Sorry about the "Day after day" thing,.....would you rather it only happened every now and then, at your convenience?

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shoo,....go away, little troll

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez
I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I am the president of Water Station, a non-profit group that establishes and maintains emergency water sites in California.

What we do not do is guide or help anyone in crossing the border, provide assistance in finding work, shelter or hide anyone who has crossed the border. What we do is leave water along some of the desert trails that people use.

We have permits from the BLM and California State Parks, as well as other agencies and landowners with jurisdiction, and we maintain an excellent working relationship with the U.S. Border Patrol. We just completed our eleventh year working in San Diego & Imperial Counties.

It amuses me when I see the hypocrisy of people who claim to believe in Conservative principles, but who advocate vandalizing our stations. One of the main tenets of Conservatism is a respect for private property and yet here they are advocating the destruction of our private property.

If you have any questions (even one you might think are difficult), I'd be happy to answer them.

Ben

Somebody snitched!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll send a schedule.

As far as the water is concerned, I don't think I'll drive 20 hours to go tump over porta potties and gatorade stands set up for migrating illegals.

You fellas have alot of nerve jumping folks azzes that see this as contributing to an already out of control problem.

Last time I checked everybody had the right to an opinion.

JM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yo,....JW, you haven't READ this whole thread, have you ?

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
How about we staff all the water stations with police so we can arrest the illegals after they get a drink of water.

Because they would learn to stay clear of the water stations and that would be inhumane...I think.

I wouldn't deny a person a drink if I came across them, but setting up water stations is marking out a path into the country. Why not just post signs in Spanish marking the shortest route so they don't get lost? How about we stash quads out there to use when they get tired?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
"Right to an opinion"??????? you gotta be [bleep] me! This is oooops-I-crapped-my-pants country, there's only one valid opinion, and thats his! All others, are mere conjecture. See, he has lived in this ole wild west border country for a whole dozen years, and has garnered more wisdom and insight than those of us who have live half a hundred years down on the border.
It transcends opinion with ole senor ooooops.......it's gospel:)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to see that you've got that straight

GTC

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, Amos63, 30incher, AceBall, 257_X_50, 17 invisible), 1,091 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,979
Posts18,519,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.