C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
When is Holyfield gonna retire?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think Mosely will win, but he is much better equipped than Margarito. Quicker, hits harder, if he stuns Manny he has the tools to keep him hurt. Manny was able to spin away from Margarito much too easy. Downside is, that if Mosely is getting the worst of the exchanges, he won't keep pressing the fight as did Margarito...could turn out to be a real bore of a fight.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
When is Holyfield gonna retire?

When they stop licensing him.

Which should have happened a long, long time ago.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I don't think Mosely will win, but he is much better equipped than Margarito. Quicker, hits harder, if he stuns Manny he has the tools to keep him hurt. Manny was able to spin away from Margarito much too easy. Downside is, that if Mosely is getting the worst of the exchanges, he won't keep pressing the fight as did Margarito...could turn out to be a real bore of a fight.

The Mosley of a few years ago would have been a challenging fight for Pacquiao. The Mosley of today is just going to stand around and do nothing while Manny outpoints him.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i would like to see manny fight marquez again

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sugar Shane was one fast guy in his day. Another fighter takeing to many punches for a payday.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i would like to see manny fight marquez again

Unless Marquez puts on some weight, I don't think we'll ever see that happen.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sugar Shane was one fast guy in his day. Another fighter takeing to many punches for a payday.

Shane Mosley is a lot like Mike Tyson and Roy Jones, in that they all relied on speed and athletism as their main weapons. And when they got old and slowed down, they were screwed. They don't have a style like Bernard Hopkins which relies purely on technique and ring savvy.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Think Mike will try again?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Paul Williams knocked the [bleep] out by Sergio Martinez. damn thats going to be the punch of the year

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Think Mike will try again?

If he needs the money. He's got no business being in there though. He's just going to get beat up. Last time out they put him in there with a complete bum and he still got his ass kicked.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Paul Williams knocked the [bleep] out by Sergio Martinez. damn thats going to be the punch of the year

I heard about that. Need to hunt down a video. Suprised Williams got blown out of the water.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wow.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hello!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Williams vs. Martinez KO.

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
man that was a pretty punch. my doctor buddy that i watch the fights with is from Argentina so I'll be hearing about that punch for sometime to come

Last edited by stxhunter; 11/21/10.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I liked how he faked out Williams by turning away and throwing the punch from outside Williams' peripheral visison. Williams never saw the punch coming, hence the reason it knocked him cold.

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yep you could see him trying to set that punch up in round one as well

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I guess Martinez is now the lineal middleweight champion?

A fight with Pacquiao would be oh so appropriate, but that's never going to happen. Gotta fight Margarito and Mosley and make that paper, dontchaknow.

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
there's been talk of Martinez coming down to 154 to make that fight with manny

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 338reddog, 35, 14 invisible), 825 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,903
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.