Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rattler
you know for some who says it aint bout the money you sure are focused on it.....

Its really not about the money so much as it is the people of montana deciding I needed to spend more because they have issues with outfitters. I don't care if the tag increase was $2,$20 or $200 it would have pissed me off all the same.

I guess though it is about the money for all the people of montana or they would have left the tags alone. It did not bother me that other non-residents paid a higher price so they could get a tag when I had to take my chances in the draw but it bothered residents? WTF. Why on gods green earth would they care? Oh thats right they were mad or jealous of outfitters making there money by guiding. I guess though it was easy for the people of montana to do with away with outfitter tags when they had nothing on the line.

In my own mind I know this will not hurt montana though. Most people are sheep and will pay what they are told to. I do hope though come next october there is some pissin and moaning and I hope its not from hunters.....

Dink

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive come to the conclusion your a moron that cant read for chit...we point out that we have been pushed around by outfitters on our own land that they havent leased or bullied over taking a kid fishing for free on our own dime and you think we did it cause we are jealous about what they make?...come live out here for a bit, last thing anyone is worried about is what their neighbor is making.....we aint living here for the money thats for damn sure so its rarely even brought up....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You make it sound like all outfitters are are crooked and dishonest....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
all of them? no.....sure some are fine but enough of them pissed of plety of ppl.....

i sure didnt vote to get rid of the licenses cause i thought they were unfair or cause i thought NR should pay more......the two outfitters that tried to push us around over the kids fishing day damn near wound up at the bottom of the lake....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Rattler you can have any opinion of me you wish. I don't care. If let a outfitter bully you for taking some kids fishing thats on you. Again if you let someone bully you on your on property thats on you too. I would not let anyone bully me over anything. I might get my azz whipped but we would find out who was the meaniest guy on the block.

You say you don't worry what the neighbors make but how many times in this thread has people posted that they live in montana and only make half of what thier worth. Its about money to someone.

Scenarshooter I know you did guide (you might still) what is your take on how the tag increase will hurt businesses other than outfitters? Any guesses?

Dink

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I hate to say it Dink,but if it was my state's voter's choices that you were complaining about I'd suggest you find another place to hunt.The voters in Montana are no more beholding to you than the voters in Missouri are to NRs from any other State that might wish to hunt your state.Each state manages their own wildlife,period.In this case it wasn't the State but the people of Montana that made this decision,as is their right.Accept it or move on. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should have filed a complaint to the Board Of Outfitter's for unappropriate conduct...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dink, I cannot believe you are still chasing your tail. This has gone on for days now and your logic has proved to be nonsense. We, the majority voters of Montana, voted for this bill. You as a NR have to either accept it as the will of the people of MT or just plain hunt somewhere else. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU!! It is about a free democracy that you somehow would thwart for your own selfish satisfaction. It cannot be explained any more easily. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Mt I am not chasing my tail. I am working on a hunt in wyoming. I don't believe I will ever hunt in montana again. That may change but I doubt it.

How is my logic nonsense?

You are very right that you the people voted. It is my right to hope like hell that it bites alot of people in azz (won't happen but I can hope). It is also my right to spend my money else where which I intend to do (again no one will miss it but I can hope).

This is about a free democracy and is my opinion. This thread is nothing more than a discussion about why I think it is wrong what montana has done to non-residents. Nothing more. Nothing less. Sure seems like alot of you montana guys are defensive about they way you voted. Are you guys ashamed of what you done? I just don't get why everyone from montana is justifying why they voted that way if it was for the good....

Dink

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but the problem with ballot initiatives in general is the public really has no idea of the bigger picture. This was never about wildlife management (FWP lost control of managing wildlife long ago as they manage hunters/dollars). FWP is as lost on I-161 as they are on wolves.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
With every decision there are risks, complications, reward, perhaps no reward,etc. Your nonsensical rant of it being a monitary cheat, to nonresidents alike, has sustained your angst over these many days. I truly believe you just enjoy arguing a point and will not let it go until you feel a victory. Good luck with that! I sincerely hope that your plan to hunt, whatever state you choose, will be a fruitful and enjoyable experience that will satisfy your high demands. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
[bleep] me.....all I wanted was draw odds and hunting tip,we got 32 pages [bleep] out of this!!
Wow, I am so glad that something useful came outta this!!
LMFAO!!!!!

Last edited by CBB; 11/24/10.

Hunt...
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
All I want to do is spend 5 days in the west... hunting "something"..I hope we can fill a tag..But being that I have never been west of Michigan...it would be an experience of a lifetime anyway..
My Uncle that may tag along has been to Wyoming when he was 14 with my uncle Dave and My Grandfather but hasnt been west since his early 20's..
My hunting buddy has been on a few whitetail hunts in Canada and one in Iowa last year..
So by all rights I am the newbie to hunting abroad...but I have killed more deer here in PA than both them bastages!!!

Last edited by CBB; 11/24/10.

Hunt...
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I love Montana and want to retire there in a few years (ok, maybe ten or twelve years). I have read this whole post and the only thing that I have gotten out of it is that MY odds of drawing a NR tag in the next few years has increased. It takes me years to be able to save up for a western hunt, but a couple of hundred bucks in the big scheme of things isn't nearly as bad as trying to save up for many more years to afford a guaranteed outfitters tag. I will camp, but will buy groceries and gas out there. I will probably visit the local watering holes a few times also. Since I am not a resident I didn't have a dog in the hunt, but I will deal with it however I have to. Good hunting.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duckcall
I will probably visit the local watering holes a few times also.

You are braver than I am!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MTGunner
With every decision there are risks, complications, reward, perhaps no reward,etc. Your nonsensical rant of it being a monitary cheat, to nonresidents alike, has sustained your angst over these many days. I truly believe you just enjoy arguing a point and will not let it go until you feel a victory. Good luck with that! I sincerely hope that your plan to hunt, whatever state you choose, will be a fruitful and enjoyable experience that will satisfy your high demands. MTG

MT I do like to argue my point. There is no way I can win unless the tag prices go back to what they were and thats not going to happen.

To me this was just a discussion between guys with different points of view. I have no hard feelings toward anyone. I have a opinion and am not afraid to voice it.

Dink

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Duckcall, is spot on IMO..
MY odds as a nr for drawing just got better....
[bleep]...I'm still in!!!!!

Hunt...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CBB
All I want to do is spend 5 days in the west... hunting "something"..I hope we can fill a tag..But being that I have never been west of Michigan...it would be an experience of a lifetime anyway.

CBB - All of this is a "much ado about nothing" as it relates to your opportunity to come west - Montana specifically. Your odds probably increased, if anything.

If you draw and post a request for some local intel, you will probably get some PMs to help you. MT guys take their hunting and hunting opportunities pretty damn serious, as you can tell by these posts. Considering how much income residents forgo to live here and enjoy this hunting, I hope people can understand their passion. Yet, most of them are willing to help out NRs who ask.

Good luck. Hope you are hunting the Big Sky next year with your Uncle and buddy.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by duckcall
I love Montana and want to retire there in a few years (ok, maybe ten or twelve years). I have read this whole post and the only thing that I have gotten out of it is that MY odds of drawing a NR tag in the next few years has increased. It takes me years to be able to save up for a western hunt, but a couple of hundred bucks in the big scheme of things isn't nearly as bad as trying to save up for many more years to afford a guaranteed outfitters tag. I will camp, but will buy groceries and gas out there. I will probably visit the local watering holes a few times also. Since I am not a resident I didn't have a dog in the hunt, but I will deal with it however I have to. Good hunting.

If the start of this winter is any indication of what is to come, there should be plenty of room about May of next year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Little chilly right now, -20 with wind chill. Might get up to +20 by the weekend though.

You never know this time of year.
My sister was born around Thanksgiving and it was -20 something ambient at the time. Few years ago Thanksgiving day was in the 50's.

Gonna be tough on the critters with things getting nasty early like this.

Last edited by SamOlson; 11/24/10. Reason: 50 not 60
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (405winash, 35, Amos63, Akhutr, anothergun, 11 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 756 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,647
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.