Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Mayorga, another punk. Only fighter I have ever seen enter the ring smoking a cigarette.

That's his shtick.

If you want to think he's a punk, please do so for legitmate reasons. Don't worry, there's plenty of them.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V

You need to learn why he's become what he is, it's one hail of a story. I've got my 18 month old grand baby with me and I can't imagine teaching her what baby Tony Ayala was taught......several family members and 'friends' of Tony deserve life behind bars.

Lots of people have chitty childhoods, and they don't turn into rapists. This whole, "Well he had a bad childhood, that's why he turned out the way he did" really grates my nerves. He did what he did because he was a horny little bastard who thought he could take what he wanted by force.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by Stan V

You need to learn why he's become what he is, it's one hail of a story. I've got my 18 month old grand baby with me and I can't imagine teaching her what baby Tony Ayala was taught......several family members and 'friends' of Tony deserve life behind bars.

Lots of people have chitty childhoods, and they don't turn into rapists. This whole, "Well he had a bad childhood, that's why he turned out the way he did" really grates my nerves. He did what he did because he was a horny little bastard who thought he could take what he wanted by force.

Brian.

You obviously read sympathy for Ayala in what I posted and you just as obviously missed what I said.....if you want to guarantee a monster start training early. You'll have one. I suppose I do have sympathy for babies exposed to such.

You haven't heard about the abuse or the heroin he grew up in, did you know he kicked Welterweight Pipino Cuevas's azz at age 15 while sparring the much older Cuevas?......Ayala is a San Antone legend.

Ayala could have had it all, but he earned jail. He was in the same class as Hearns, Leornard, Hagler and even Duran. One of those once in a generation fighters maybe. I think he would have kicked Hagler's azz. To bad he's as dangerous out of the ring as he was in it......

All American

All the time
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He would have had some real work kickin Haglar's azz.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Didn't read all the posts, but no clips on the number 1 KO champ, Archie Moore. Great video.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If he ever gets out of jail he will be back in again no doudt.No woman is safe around this guy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
real dirt bag blamed everyone and everything for his problems but himself

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wheelchairbandit, thanks for the Archie Moore video. I think he was the greatest of all time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Mayorga, another punk. Only fighter I have ever seen enter the ring smoking a cigarette.

That's his shtick.

If you want to think he's a punk, please do so for legitmate reasons. Don't worry, there's plenty of them.

Brian.

I understand that, only a punk would set such an example.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Drank a 40 in between rounds a guy told me.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I understand that, only a punk would set such an example.

Why does a boxer have to set an example? He's a prize fighter for crying out loud. He ain't the Pope.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luke
Wheelchairbandit, thanks for the Archie Moore video. I think he was the greatest of all time.

One of the greatest. The guy lost to a lot of bums in his career, mostly due to the fact that he fought 3 to 4 times a month for years and had some off nights.

Great fighter though and a swell guy out of the ring. A very good coach as well.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Think Floyd would have beat Archie in his prime?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. Archie shouldn't have been fighting at heavyweight to begin with. He had trouble with the power of a lot of light heavies.

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
juan manuel marquez and michael katsidis rematch

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Aren't they fighting for the first time tonight?

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah your right i misread the fight description

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 793 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,906
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.