Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
loud

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lil Fish,

I am admitting the big timber shcitt is pretty cool, as it seems from your slightly disturbing self portrait that you have managed to not saw into your leg with that huge saw you are toting.

That being said we still need to throw some lead down range.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It's a Smoke Show.

Them that can't...got smoked.......(grin)

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by stxhunter
no expert stick just watched a show the other day where small planks of old growth maple was going for several thousand.used for musical instruments

Sitka Spruce trumps all in acoustics. Bt/dt.

Ask ANY builder...................

If you mean "acoustic guitars", then I'd disagree. Aderondack (sp?) spruce is the premium spruce. It's what the old Martins used, generally, before the it pretty much ran out, for commercial purposes. You can still get it, at a huge upcharge, on very high-end acoustics like Collings or the "real" Martins or whatever.

Won't vouch for this as fact, but it's interesting so I'll pass it along. I was told by the Martin rep, over a beer, that Martin bid on, but lost, the last stand of big Aderondack spruce, back in the day. For guitar tops of course. Anyway, guess who won the bid.....? The National Matchstick Company.

Brutal.

Carry on with the pizzin' match, gents. smile

FWIW, it's Adirondack. As in, the Adirondacks of New York. And, that's not a species, or even a subspecies; merely a geographic location (albeit a very famous one).

I knew that spelling looked wrong.

Be that as it may, in the guitar world Adirondack spruce is a known quantity, and is generally regarded as the premium top wood. Sitka spruce is another, no doubt, but Adirondack is the chit.

The bluegrass boys love Adirondack because it's very "direct" and throaty sounding. Sitka is more shimmery. Generally speaking. Acoustic guitars are singularities, individuals, but one can make general statements IF you've literally played many hundreds of the top builder's guitars. Which I have.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
spruce is lumber......grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You take "Stoooopid!"...to new levels.

Dig you're feigning a [bleep] clue...idiot

Laffin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When and Where Lil Fish??

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Did/done and a few days ago.

Groovin' on you sorry bastards...........(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When and Where Lil Fish??

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Repeat of your dumbphucktitude............

Laffin'............

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 7 STW
spruce is lumber......grin

Lol.... Might as well make matchsticks out of the stuff, eh?

Brazilian rosewood is cool stuff. Can be gorgeous to look at, and the tone (as a body wood) is awesome defined. I had a '70 Brazilian 000-28; I sold it when it became worth crazy money. Most all acoustics built with rosewood now use Indian rosewood, which isn't nearly as interesting to look at, nor typically sounds as good.

Though I do have a cherry-picked recent Martin OM-28V with Indian rosewood body that is a frikkin' cannon. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only joshing you guys.But as far as building a house is concerned I'd rather use spruce over pine or fir.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You NEVER have even had a [bleep] clue.

Which IS [bleep] FUNNY!.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When and where Lil Fish??

Lets shoot some lead and figure out who really knows how to get the hits.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It's cool.....

I',m WISHING for blue tape!....................................

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Laffin'!.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When and where Lil Fish??

Lets shoot some lead and figure out who really knows how to get the hits.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I think big stick is really the little girl in the pictures she posts and if her little harry short shirt wearing dad knew she was giving you boys a hard time he'd probably spank her a$$$. Just sayin..........

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stick... You are bouncing around like a Mezzican jumping bean here, and the quality of pizzin' match entertainment you provide is slipping accordingly.

I suggest less, but more carefully-tended fires. You've got a brand to protect here.

And FYI, I've forgotten more about guitars than you are likely to ever know. Not that knowing a lot about guitars is particularly admirable... lol... but I'm just sayin'.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Sitka Spruce trumps all in acoustics. Bt/dt.

Ask ANY builder...................

If you mean "acoustic guitars", then I'd disagree. Aderondack (sp?) spruce is the premium spruce. It's what the old Martins used, generally, before the it pretty much ran out, for commercial purposes. You can still get it, at a huge upcharge, on very high-end acoustics like Collings or the "real" Martins or whatever.

Won't vouch for this as fact, but it's interesting so I'll pass it along. I was told by the Martin rep, over a beer, that Martin bid on, but lost, the last stand of big Aderondack spruce, back in the day. For guitar tops of course. Anyway, guess who won the bid.....? The National Matchstick Company.

Brutal.

Carry on with the pizzin' match, gents. smile

FWIW, it's Adirondack. As in, the Adirondacks of New York. And, that's not a species, or even a subspecies; merely a geographic location (albeit a very famous one).

I knew that spelling looked wrong.

Be that as it may, in the guitar world Adirondack spruce is a known quantity, and is generally regarded as the premium top wood. Sitka spruce is another, no doubt, but Adirondack is the chit.

The bluegrass boys love Adirondack because it's very "direct" and throaty sounding. Sitka is more shimmery. Generally speaking. Acoustic guitars are singularities, individuals, but one can make general statements IF you've literally played many hundreds of the top builder's guitars. Which I have.

Sitka spruce = species
Adirondack spruce = not

Which spruce from the Adirondacks are you referring to, Jeff?

Calling something, that which it ain't, don't make it something else than what it still is.

Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 40 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,698
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.