-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 54 1 2 3 4 53 54
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep...and I might hafta call in to work today..

After breakfast... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Better to call in than crawl in... I always say...

Kent

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by no_one
Rost, read that fellows post...HE told me to guess.....bitch at HIM.

I'm reading backwards... but the issue here also, says you it doesn't bother... when things don't bother me... I don't post and never go back to read... evidently something does bother ya.

As to others charging even more, yeah it pisses me off to no end. Fair is one thing. More for better work is VERY good, but beyond that its a ripoff.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yep...and I might hafta call in to work today..

After breakfast... grin

Not on my account you won't...I'm heading out in about 15-20 minutes with the Hondakon in the back of the pickup & see if I can't scare up a varmint or bear with the old green Circe...
Snowed all night up in the hills.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
No, really...I could not give a flying fnck where others spend their coin.

And good for you, you get p!ssed off at others managing to legally make a quid....from happy customers!!!

You may want to ask yourself why you feel this way about a complete stranger.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
laugh

Ahhhh... others may not understand but I do... That reads...'No time for words, gotta eat fast before my cereal gets soggy'

I lock the door because my wife always wants some long azz question answered as soon as I pour the beer... ummm milk, in the bowl.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who is John Burns?

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It neither affects nor interests me what claims are made, as I have more pressing things to worry about than some character making a quid from someone else that is happy to spend their coin with him.
Seriously, if you are that offended you may want to contact Purdy and bitch at them.....I hear they really charge the gullible rich a motza for their services.

This whole thing is confusin' me, what the heck is a motza?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by mudhen
Who is John Burns?

I have no idea, but if he's a custom gun maker. Chasing Stick around the fire isn't good for business.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pace yourself Boys, it's shaping up to look like it could be a lonnnggg day..

I also thing it's ridiculous to get excited about the price or product of another mans business.

You dont like the price? simply move on.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Doesn't anyone shoot and hunt to relieve stress anymore?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Powerguy
Burns is calling out Stick for a shoot.

Video footage is a must.

Money seems to not be an issue as to stop one from getting to the others locale to get this done.

Results will always trump gumming.

Anything less than "Lets do it" is pure skirting the issue.

Lets gets get er done boys, there can be only one.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Naw we are just going to have a lil shooting contest and see who can really get hits. Just between buddys and nuthin but braggin right on the line.

John Burns has called Larry out several times in the optics section for a shoot out. So far Larry has completely ignored the issue. If I did't know better I would think he is concerned that John will show him up and he will lose face with his followers. I think Larry can take him and can't imagine why he has yet to agree.

Jim

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Greybull precision on Custom Rifles & Wildcats....he and Stick had a mutual wank session over on the Optics forum.

It was entertaining for a while, then degenerated into complete farce.
At the moment Stick is buzzing around annoying anyone that is silly enough to bite, and John is dogging his posts with pathetic requests for another hand job.

All in all it is no longer interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who cares?

Exactly

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

And good for you, you get p!ssed off at others managing to legally make a quid....from happy customers!!!

I don't have to ask myself. Ripping folks off, whether they are happy or not, is not my cup of tea. Fair money for fair work. Charging 100 bucks an hour when you can make a really nice living off of 50 an hour... that bothers me.
Of course it shouldn't at all. If people are stupid enough to pay that rate, its up to them. Like one of our TV commercials goes..... money/no sense...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by smokepole
It neither affects nor interests me what claims are made, as I have more pressing things to worry about than some character making a quid from someone else that is happy to spend their coin with him.
Seriously, if you are that offended you may want to contact Purdy and bitch at them.....I hear they really charge the gullible rich a motza for their services.

This whole thing is confusin' me, what the heck is a motza?

Seriously large amount.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by rost495

I don't have to ask myself. Ripping folks off, whether they are happy or not, is not my cup of tea. Fair money for fair work. Charging 100 bucks an hour when you can make a really nice living off of 50 an hour... that bothers me.
Of course it shouldn't at all. If people are stupid enough to pay that rate, its up to them. Like one of our TV commercials goes..... money/no sense...

Oh man....you must LOOOVE polititions.....!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greybull precision on Custom Rifles & Wildcats....he and Stick had a mutual wank session over on the Optics forum.

It was entertaining for a while, then degenerated into complete farce.
At the moment Stick is buzzing around annoying anyone that is silly enough to bite, and John is dogging his posts with pathetic requests for another hand job.

All in all it is no longer interesting.

Did you ever serve in your countries Diplomatic Corps? grin I just have a feeling Australia missed out if you didn't! grin

On a completely different subject, you mentioned you did a bit of Sambar hunting? How about a post and a few photo's?

Fair chase Sambar hunting in Victoria has probably got to be the premier hunting in the world...I have a 9.3x62mm with "sambar" written all over it, and if I ever win the lottery, that's one place I'd be heading...

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 11/28/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Either that or Im gonna have to start popping corn and drinking beer early this morning, while watching this pizzin match...

Pass me a beer and the bowl of popcorn please....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 2 of 54 1 2 3 4 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 2ndwind, 309coug, 34 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,895
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.