Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
While away on my out of state hunt this year, some low life scum sucking meth head stole my ATV!!!

To say I was pi**ed would be to put it lightly...

Driving back 12 hours to home only to know you've got to face trying to find those responsible sucked and I'm still looking so that adds even more suction to the whole process too!!!

This is/was my bike;

[Linked Image]

and I've been out rattling the doors and turning over rocks where all the local rat turds live in their smoked up meth bliss!!!

I can't stand a dang thief!!! and what's more I can't stand anyone who buys from a thief!!!

Not the way I wanted to end my out of state hunting trip early that's for sure!!!

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
keep an eye on craigslist, hope ya find it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
And Ebay..

Sorry to hear that Andy.. Was it locked inside your garage or outside for somebody to see?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Yeah, I put out a STOLEN atv alert on craigs list.

Sad thing, I'm 99% sure (along with the law) that we know who did it. We simply can't find the little meth head! He has no real residence and just lives from poke to post.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck

Sorry to hear that Andy.. Was it locked inside your garage or outside for somebody to see?

It was locked in a open air shed that has alarmed gates on it. The shed is in a lot that has locked gated entry/exit. The shed is literally 25 yards from my parent house who I might add were at home at the time.

It was a rainy cold night and it was 1:30am. The alarm went off and my parents heard the 4-wheeler going across the open ground of the lot. About that time it slammed into our double cattle gates that were padlocked with a small chain. Yeah, they didn't even bother to cut that lock or chain. But the force of my bike running wide open and hitting the gates broke the gates open, actually pulled the corner post over (a railroad cross tie) about 4" in the dirt. My father ran out with pistol in hand but they were gone. He called 911 and got a deputy out and they all gave chase but the atv cut off into wooded property and got away. I got the call about it the next morning as I sat in a tree in Missouri.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That stuff sucks man.

I know of a trailor that was unhooked from a pickup outside of a small cafe and stolen a few days ago. It had a 4 wheeler and a 6X6 elk on it.

Bummer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry man, that really sucks. I hope you catch the [bleep] that took it, and they get more than a slap on the wrist.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

that's a darn shame. hope you recover it & find the p o s.

-ken

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Muffy
Sorry man, that really sucks. I hope you catch the [bleep] that took it, and they get more than a slap on the wrist.

Let me catch them on it and they'll be praying for a slap on the wrist...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Man That just Sucks
We work hard for a few pleasures and some Gd D2mned democratic welfare sucker takes it away.
Mos likely to sell for drug cash.

Do you have registration in your GA? Maybe it will show up trying to be re-registered.

I lost a tractor out of a locked garage years ago.
Only to find it at the neighbor's place. Months later.

He bought it fourth hand. Called the sheriff and I drove it home.
Seems the bastid had stolen it and then " sold " it three or four times , ripping folks off who wanted my 9N .
Finally delivering it to the neighbor who had no idea it was mine ( or didn't care ).

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We don't have registration in Georgia or our 3 mile down the road neighboring state Alabama.

But I bet they never dreamed of robbing someone who would get the word out so fast and work so hard to get it back. The heat has been on them since the night they drove it off.

By now they've probably chopped it up and sold off the parts but that won't keep me from locating those responsible and bringing to them their justice.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm assuming the keys were in it. Hope you had insurance. Bad deal all around. If they keys weren't in it, the theif would have to replace a couple of parts to get it to run, then the area ATV dealers would need to have a heads up on who comes in asking for a new key start. Good point for all of us, even locked up the keys should be somewhere else. Roll aways are still gone too but it's easier to give chase and harder for them to get away at top speed.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why you gotta be hatin' on the tweakers, man. For all you know it could have been a cracked out brotha, or a hop head beaner.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I'm assuming the keys were in it. Hope you had insurance. Bad deal all around. If they keys weren't in it, the theif would have to replace a couple of parts to get it to run, then the area ATV dealers would need to have a heads up on who comes in asking for a new key start. Good point for all of us, even locked up the keys should be somewhere else. Roll aways are still gone too but it's easier to give chase and harder for them to get away at top speed.

Keys were not in it.

Keys were with me in Missouri.

Trust me, to crank a 4-wheeler a thug can steal it faster than I can crank it with the key.

Yet I've alerted all the parts houses for someone getting parts for my bike. They've got posters on the bike with all the info.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear it, and I hope you get your property back. That was some brazen, or desperate--or both--thievery.

Good thing you didn't have any toiletries on board, BTW. That stuff ain't cheap*.

*Apologies. Could not resist. Not meant to be a slight at you, OP.

I bet they spray painted it and sold it for 500 bucks. Hopefully you had insurance because ever getting it back will be doubtful at best.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The two things I despise most in life is a thief and a liar.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SolomonBrainiac
I bet they spray painted it and sold it for 500 bucks. Hopefully you had insurance because ever getting it back will be doubtful at best.

That's just about a guarantee!

If given the chance, I'll spray paint them to cover up the bruises and scrapes. Then I'll sand blast it off and start over again...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
The two things I despise most in life is a thief and a liar.

Roger that!

Hope they catch the perps!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck man, I hope you get it back and they catch the thief.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 50 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,664
Posts18,474,697
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.