Home
While away on my out of state hunt this year, some low life scum sucking meth head stole my ATV!!!

To say I was pi**ed would be to put it lightly...

Driving back 12 hours to home only to know you've got to face trying to find those responsible sucked and I'm still looking so that adds even more suction to the whole process too!!!

This is/was my bike;

[Linked Image]

and I've been out rattling the doors and turning over rocks where all the local rat turds live in their smoked up meth bliss!!!

I can't stand a dang thief!!! and what's more I can't stand anyone who buys from a thief!!!

Not the way I wanted to end my out of state hunting trip early that's for sure!!!
keep an eye on craigslist, hope ya find it.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
And Ebay..

Sorry to hear that Andy.. Was it locked inside your garage or outside for somebody to see?
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Yeah, I put out a STOLEN atv alert on craigs list.

Sad thing, I'm 99% sure (along with the law) that we know who did it. We simply can't find the little meth head! He has no real residence and just lives from poke to post.

Originally Posted by Redneck

Sorry to hear that Andy.. Was it locked inside your garage or outside for somebody to see?

It was locked in a open air shed that has alarmed gates on it. The shed is in a lot that has locked gated entry/exit. The shed is literally 25 yards from my parent house who I might add were at home at the time.

It was a rainy cold night and it was 1:30am. The alarm went off and my parents heard the 4-wheeler going across the open ground of the lot. About that time it slammed into our double cattle gates that were padlocked with a small chain. Yeah, they didn't even bother to cut that lock or chain. But the force of my bike running wide open and hitting the gates broke the gates open, actually pulled the corner post over (a railroad cross tie) about 4" in the dirt. My father ran out with pistol in hand but they were gone. He called 911 and got a deputy out and they all gave chase but the atv cut off into wooded property and got away. I got the call about it the next morning as I sat in a tree in Missouri.
That stuff sucks man.

I know of a trailor that was unhooked from a pickup outside of a small cafe and stolen a few days ago. It had a 4 wheeler and a 6X6 elk on it.

Bummer.
Sorry man, that really sucks. I hope you catch the [bleep] that took it, and they get more than a slap on the wrist.

that's a darn shame. hope you recover it & find the p o s.

-ken

Originally Posted by Muffy
Sorry man, that really sucks. I hope you catch the [bleep] that took it, and they get more than a slap on the wrist.

Let me catch them on it and they'll be praying for a slap on the wrist...
Man That just Sucks
We work hard for a few pleasures and some G@d D2mned democratic welfare sucker takes it away.
Mos likely to sell for drug cash.

Do you have registration in your GA? Maybe it will show up trying to be re-registered.

I lost a tractor out of a locked garage years ago.
Only to find it at the neighbor's place. Months later.

He bought it fourth hand. Called the sheriff and I drove it home.
Seems the bastid had stolen it and then " sold " it three or four times , ripping folks off who wanted my 9N .
Finally delivering it to the neighbor who had no idea it was mine ( or didn't care ).

We don't have registration in Georgia or our 3 mile down the road neighboring state Alabama.

But I bet they never dreamed of robbing someone who would get the word out so fast and work so hard to get it back. The heat has been on them since the night they drove it off.

By now they've probably chopped it up and sold off the parts but that won't keep me from locating those responsible and bringing to them their justice.

I'm assuming the keys were in it. Hope you had insurance. Bad deal all around. If they keys weren't in it, the theif would have to replace a couple of parts to get it to run, then the area ATV dealers would need to have a heads up on who comes in asking for a new key start. Good point for all of us, even locked up the keys should be somewhere else. Roll aways are still gone too but it's easier to give chase and harder for them to get away at top speed.
Why you gotta be hatin' on the tweakers, man. For all you know it could have been a cracked out brotha, or a hop head beaner.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I'm assuming the keys were in it. Hope you had insurance. Bad deal all around. If they keys weren't in it, the theif would have to replace a couple of parts to get it to run, then the area ATV dealers would need to have a heads up on who comes in asking for a new key start. Good point for all of us, even locked up the keys should be somewhere else. Roll aways are still gone too but it's easier to give chase and harder for them to get away at top speed.

Keys were not in it.

Keys were with me in Missouri.

Trust me, to crank a 4-wheeler a thug can steal it faster than I can crank it with the key.

Yet I've alerted all the parts houses for someone getting parts for my bike. They've got posters on the bike with all the info.

Sorry to hear it, and I hope you get your property back. That was some brazen, or desperate--or both--thievery.

Good thing you didn't have any toiletries on board, BTW. That stuff ain't cheap*.

*Apologies. Could not resist. Not meant to be a slight at you, OP.
I bet they spray painted it and sold it for 500 bucks. Hopefully you had insurance because ever getting it back will be doubtful at best.
The two things I despise most in life is a thief and a liar.
Originally Posted by SolomonBrainiac
I bet they spray painted it and sold it for 500 bucks. Hopefully you had insurance because ever getting it back will be doubtful at best.

That's just about a guarantee!

If given the chance, I'll spray paint them to cover up the bruises and scrapes. Then I'll sand blast it off and start over again...

Originally Posted by T LEE

Roger that!

Hope they catch the perps!
Good luck man, I hope you get it back and they catch the thief.
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk

If given the chance, I'll spray paint them to cover up the bruises and scrapes. Then I'll sand blast it off and start over again...

LMAO... Ensure the air pressure's up to 150 or so.. laugh laugh

LMAO... Ensure the air pressure's up to 150 or so.. laugh laugh

Not sure what PSI it is, but it's set to 12 gauge, 3" with Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote (T) right now...
I even padlock my deerstand to the tree with a steel cable,
My BIL laughs and says they will cry just cut down the tree to get it.
Sorry about your trouble.
whelennut

Keys were not in it.

Trust me, to crank a 4-wheeler a thug can steal it faster than I can crank it with the key.

Yet I've alerted all the parts houses for someone getting parts for my bike. They've got posters on the bike with all the info.

Sorry to hear of your bike being stolen.Sure hope it makes it back to you.Your bike is sweet.

With a Honda one snip from the ignition wire and a quick pull on the rope and the bike is yours.Should make the dam things with a lockable steering shaft.
That does suck for sure. I hope you get it back. One question though.....Why do you hunt with your cell phone on?? I usually have mine with me but never have it on while actually hunting. Maybe it's just me but hunting with your phone on just don't seem right.
Originally Posted by RS308MX
That does suck for sure. I hope you get it back. One question though.....Why do you hunt with your cell phone on?? I usually have mine with me but never have it on while actually hunting. Maybe it's just me but hunting with your phone on just don't seem right.

~~~Vibrate~~~ ~~~Mode~~~

I'm a husband, father of 2 and devoted son to a wonderful mother and father... Should any of them need me and they can reach me, I'll come no matter when or how far away I am. I keep my phone on me 24/7/365.

Plus, it allows me to call for help should I fall from the tree and survive. Kill a monster and need help getting him out. Or whatever...

Those are the ONLY two things I despise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad
Report it to your Honda Dealer with the information listed in the original post and have him put it on Honda's National Stolen Equipment or vehicle list. If whoever stole it or sells it to takes it to a Honda Dealer for service or repairs Honda will impound it and there's a chance you might get it back and the person who had possession of it will have to explain to the authorities how they gained possession of the Honda.

Honda maintains a National Hot List of all Equipment that is reported stolen or reported missing by the owner. I went through this this spring when someone decided they liked my Honda EU-2000 Generator more than I did, my Honda Dealer told me of the list and reported it missing to Honda and had it put on that list.
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Report it to your Honda Dealer with the information listed in the original post and have him put it on Honda's National Stolen Equipment or vehicle list. If whoever stole it or sells it to takes it to a Honda Dealer for service or repairs Honda will impound it and there's a chance you might get it back and the person who had possession of it will have to explain to the authorities how they gained possession of the Honda.

Honda maintains a National Hot List of all Equipment that is reported stolen or reported missing by the owner. I went through this this spring when someone decided they liked my Honda EU-2000 Generator more than I did, my Honda Dealer told me of the list and reported it missing to Honda and had it put on that list.

Thanks and will do.
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Called Honda and they indeed did take my info so if some parts house or one of their dealers calls in for parts, info, etc. on the bike it will show up stolen.

Thanks for the tip!
Man it just sucks. I remember the day we went and bought both of our ATVs.
W7ACT - "I went through this this spring when someone decided they liked my Honda EU-2000 Generator more than I did..."

Honda generators are hot items for thieves around these parts here in Idaho. I know of two different hunters who came back to their elk camp and found their Honda generators stolen, along with other goodies.

Dawn2Dusk, sorry about your ATV disappearing. Hope you find the puke who stole it!

L.W.

ATVs are the meal ticket for alot of these dope heads around the Southeast. Buying one puts a bullseye on your back where I live.
We don't have registration in Georgia or our 3 mile down the road neighboring state Alabama.

But I bet they never dreamed of robbing someone who would get the word out so fast and work so hard to get it back. The heat has been on them since the night they drove it off.

By now they've probably chopped it up and sold off the parts but that won't keep me from locating those responsible and bringing to them their justice.

Sorry to hear that it was stolen. I know your pain & frustration, i've seen it on many a citizens face. If a stolen report was taken by LE, it'll be entered into NCIC. I watch four-wheelers heavily, if i get close enough to one, that i even suspect might be stolen, VIN numbers are going to be ran. I'm not going to tell you, that it'll be recovered, but in 13 years i've seen some recovered that i never thought, we'ld ever recover.

I don't know your local S.O., but if the investigators have any snitches, that's who'll be a big help in finding it, if it indeed was taken by drug users. For those of you, who don't believe it, i've seen folks hotwire a four-wheeler very quickly.

We've set up a four-wheeler in a yard with a "For Sale" signs on it. We'ld drain the fuel out of the main and reserve tanks, leaving just enough to start it and run a short distance. That in areas that four-wheelers are being stolen, we'ld set up and wait. We had LEO's on dirt bikes to give chase. Normally those stealing them have stolen many, you can clear alot of cases, when you catch one of them. It's a big business stealing four-wheelers in the SE. What i found interesting, but not surprising is that many are stolen by juvenile groups.
Sorry to hear about your loss and hope it is recovered. I keep my 2003 Honda in a building and pull the key. Yes, I'd be very upset and lost without it. Good luck.
ATVs are the meal ticket for alot of these dope heads around the Southeast. Buying one puts a bullseye on your back where I live.

They most certainly are. About 10 years ago we had a case, that worked itself back to an employee at a Yamaha dealership, that was telling people, actually selling addressess/trading for drugs, addressess of four-wheeler buyers. The youngman was a familymember of the dealer, but he had a drug dependency.
Originally Posted by hunter1960

Sorry to hear that. If a report was taken, it'll be entered into NCIC. I watch four-wheelers heavily, if i get close enough to one, that i even suspect might be stolen, VIN numbers are going to be ran. I'm not going to tell you, that it'll be recovered, but in 13 years i've seen some recovered that i never thought, we'ld ever recover.

I don't know your local S.O., but if the investigators have any snitches, that's who'll be a big help in finding it, if it was indeed was taken by drug users. For those of you, who don't believe it, i've seen folks hotwire a four-wheeler very quickly. We've set up a four-wheeler in a yard with a "For Sale" signs on it. We'ld drain the fuel out of the main and reserve tanks, leaving just enough to start it and run a short distance. That in areas that four-wheelers are being stolen, we'ld set up and wait. We had LEO's on dirt bikes to give chase. Normally those stealing them have stolen many, you can clear alot of cases, when you catch one of them.

I'm working with a S.O. Investigator that's top notch but I'm afraid his only downfall is the department in which he works for.

I wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper and it was published this last week;

County Crime Expanding

George Moscone once said, �Crime is an overhead you have to pay if you want to live in the city.� He was referring to San Francisco, California, not to the rural roots of a sleepy little county in west Georgia known as Haralson. There was a time when people from Tallapoosa to Steadman, from Buncombe to Bremen and from Waco to Buchanan didn�t bother to lock there doors, no one knew of any alarm systems besides maybe the ones at a bank and you never thought that if you left something in your yard that it wouldn�t be there when you returned. Well, times have certainly changed have they not? Our doors are now dead bolted with advanced security systems, our outside belongings are cabled down with huge locks behind well fastened gates and our nightly sleep comes only if we are well within reach of our most trusted shotgun. So where did things go wrong and can we turn our communities back into the sweet southern comfort we all used to know? I write to each of you only days after my 2nd ATV, many refer to them as 4-wheelers, was stolen. From inside a double gated, alarmed enclosure. I�m still wrought into a twisted emotional state fueled by resentment and dismay. Immediately we, the victims, begin to point fingers and the blame game begins but who truly is to blame? Law Enforcement? Judges? Prosecutors? No, we all are! Sadly, if there were not market for stolen goods then there would be no stealing beyond that of what someone may take for their own personal use. Trust me when I tell you all that the theft problems we are experiencing in our county is not heavily in favor of the usage for self interest but more so to fuel drug habits, lack of employment and an inexcusable ignorance that has become less frowned upon with time. Couple that with the attitude of you do your thing I�ll do mine, we�ve allowed crime to go unchecked at the excuse of it�s not my problem but theirs. If the people of this great county are to take their sanctuary back, then it must start with each of us and our households upholding a greater moral code of conduct. Each of us should strive to serve our communities by protecting what�s ours, yours and theirs. Silence can not be our native tongue when we know of crimes committed but rather honor in knowing that through doing what is just we will have stopped future collateral damages from occurring. We can not beat this issue after it has occurred, but we can prevent it if each of us adjusts our outlook. I�m proud to live in Haralson County and I issue the call out to everyone who reads this to start with your family, friends and acquaintances to spread the self-confidence of standing up to crime and its sin. We can change our lives, our households, our communities and our county but it�s going to take a change of heart, backbone and guidance from almighty God to get our lives out from hiding behind bars by putting criminals in cells behind them. And as for Law Enforcement, Commissioners, District Attorneys and Judges, be on notice that the citizens of this county will no longer put up with lax, inept and thwarted measures of making crime not pay. You want our vote, earn it! Its due time our county becomes very well known as extremely tough on crime and hard nosed on those who commit it. Together we can all make a difference�

I also wrote a letter praising the investigator and sent it to our local sheriff;

Honorable Sheriff Mixon,

Frequently in the hustle and bustle of today�s fast paced world, we all to often find ourselves plenty capable of the time to complain as we witness failures yet reluctant to give praise when someone goes the extra mile to do their job.
Tuesday, November 16th crime struck the Beech Creek Road area yet again and this time it was my personal ATV that was the target of mayhem. The thieves made away with not only my hunting and farm equipment, but also one of my children�s favorite toys they simply referred to as their �wheeler.� This theft adds to a long line of items stolen from our community including a truck, other atvs, home burglary, pressure washers, etc. Seems that it never fails that if in the week of a full moon, where the chemistry of rough, rainy weather combines, our belongings around our homes are in the sights of thugs that prey on us hard working folks. Generally speaking of law enforcement, a report is written and maybe we see an extra patrol car or two come through the following few days. Past that, our loss is taken upon our shoulders and we are left to wonder when we�ll be hit next.
Yet, this particular time was slightly different. It all started off pretty much par for course. Report taken, chase given, nothing really coming from it but then Investigator Bernie Reece joined in on the case. Now, even though my atv hasn�t been recovered, I must admit that Officer Reece has gone well above the call of duty to work with me and has shown brilliant regard to work this assignment with exemplary professional conduct. Prior to Officer Reece�s addition to this case, I had lost all hope in our law enforcement of the area to be able to provide any assistance beyond writing a brief incident report for insurance purposes, but my confidence and hope has been restored solely through my interactions with this man of uniform.
I could write on for several more pages as to the great impressions left upon me from Officer Reece, but the one that tops them all is around 9pm on Thanksgiving night I received a tip. Without hesitation, Officer Reece responded, on what I think was his day off, and stayed out running down this tip until 2am in the morning. Though his job requires a lot of him, he gives it way more than it requires and for that my family and I are thankful!
We still remain hopeful of a recovery of our goods, but it�s more about stopping the onslaught of theft that continues to ravage our community and strike fear into our homes. What once was an open door neighborhood has now taken on a behind the scenes militarized atmosphere where good, honest, diligent citizens are fed up with a history of crime on our area and fingers are always on the safety ready at a moments notice to legally protect our ground.
With the help of officers like Bernie Reece, I feel we are well on our way to making it a reality again of having an open door policy around our residence. I�m sure you have other great officers of which I haven�t had the chance to meet, but We, our county, needs more Reece inspired officers and that�s just a solid fact. You would do well to equip your staff with a dozen more, half as good as Bernie, officers to see a major upturn of public opinion.

God Bless�

Andy M. Johnson

Not to mention I've put up over 100 "REWARD" posters with all the detailed information, with pictures on it. I've got them posted at the local gas stations, banks, grocery stores, etc.
Those are both very good letters. I learned many years ago, that on rainy nights, thefts are going to rise. You have to use your instincts more, if it looks suspicious, it probably is.

USDOJ statistics, will show that rural crime is one of the fastest growing segiments of criminal activity in this country.

We both know the reasons as you've outlined in your letter, economy, lack of jobs, drug involvement. That along with small understaffed, underfinanced LE agencies. Sadly LE agencies manytimes, especially rural agencies, are playing reaction vs action to crime.
Goodonya', sir. Respectfully worded letters/correspondences go a long way in my book. I really hope you retrieve your belongings, and the maggot(s) responsible get theirs, in spades.

That about covers it, and the rest of the trash seem to always be one or the other, or both.
Those are both very good letters. I learned many years ago, that on rainy nights, thefts are going to rise. You have to use your instincts more, if it looks suspicious, it probably is.

USDOJ statistics, will show that rural crime is one of the fastest growing segiments of criminal activity in this country.

We both know the reasons as you've outlined in your letter, economy, lack of jobs, drug involvement. That along with small understaffed, underfinanced LE agencies. Sadly LE agencies manytimes, especially rural agencies, are playing reaction vs action to crime.

I've honestly worked it from just about every angle I can imagine. Not sure what more I can "Legally" do at this point other than sit back and wait.

And yes, being that this is my 2nd ATV to be stolen - I did have a policy on this one but "Progressive" said it might be up to 60 days before it's settled.

I think I'll just buy a old 4x4 Toyo or Jeep next go around!
Do you have insurance?
Amen!

While away on my out of state hunt this year, some low life scum sucking meth head stole my ATV!!!

To say I was pi**ed would be to put it lightly...

Driving back 12 hours to home only to know you've got to face trying to find those responsible sucked and I'm still looking so that adds even more suction to the whole process too!!!

This is/was my bike;

[Linked Image]

and I've been out rattling the doors and turning over rocks where all the local rat turds live in their smoked up meth bliss!!!

I can't stand a dang thief!!! and what's more I can't stand anyone who buys from a thief!!!

Not the way I wanted to end my out of state hunting trip early that's for sure!!!

Stay after it. Sometimes these things can turn out good...
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4147161/Thieves_update#Post4147161
The two things I despise most in life is a thief and or a liar.

Fixed it for ya

Sorry to hear that it was stolen. I know your pain & frustration, i've seen it on many a citizens face. If a stolen report was taken by LE, it'll be entered into NCIC. I watch four-wheelers heavily, if i get close enough to one, that i even suspect might be stolen, VIN numbers are going to be ran. I'm not going to tell you, that it'll be recovered, but in 13 years i've seen some recovered that i never thought, we'ld ever recover.

I don't know your local S.O., but if the investigators have any snitches, that's who'll be a big help in finding it, if it indeed was taken by drug users. For those of you, who don't believe it, i've seen folks hotwire a four-wheeler very quickly.

We've set up a four-wheeler in a yard with a "For Sale" signs on it. We'ld drain the fuel out of the main and reserve tanks, leaving just enough to start it and run a short distance. That in areas that four-wheelers are being stolen, we'ld set up and wait. We had LEO's on dirt bikes to give chase. Normally those stealing them have stolen many, you can clear alot of cases, when you catch one of them. It's a big business stealing four-wheelers in the SE. What i found interesting, but not surprising is that many are stolen by juvenile groups.
Most excellent.
Damn !!! Low life

I've honestly worked it from just about every angle I can imagine. Not sure what more I can "Legally" do at this point other than sit back and wait.

And yes, being that this is my 2nd ATV to be stolen - I did have a policy on this one but "Progressive" said it might be up to 60 days before it's settled.

I think I'll just buy a old 4x4 Toyo or Jeep next go around!

i tried that and the mexicans stole it
HELLO,....where do any of youze' THINK confused these stolen Quads are going ?

Norway ? crazy

GTC
that sucks rocks man, hate it for ya.

don't matter what a man has, if he's paid for it, it should remain his.
Originally Posted by tzone
Do you have insurance?

I have a Cash Value policy from Progressive but let's face it, what I have in the bike and what I'll get is pathetic.

I wish I could buy a 4 wheeler for what insurance companies think they are worth.
Let's take a positive look at this, now you can go buy a Yamaha with 4 wheel lock and be a happier ATV owner!!!
D2D looks like you are doing about all you can legally do for the moment. I surely hope you get your machine back and if you do it is worth anything.

Keep working at it and maybe just maybe.

BCR
A few suggestions to try to prevent it happening again:
If you are going to be gone for very long disconnect or remove the battery. Don't leave it in the same building as the ATV.
Drain the gas tank and again don't leave it in the same building. This one might be worth considering to do daily. Would be best with a fuel cut off valve installed just below the fuel tank.
Maybe even remove one or more tires.
Just make it look like it will be more trouble than it is worth to steal.

MOST IMPORTANTLY raise cain with the state legislator until they require ALL Atv's to be registered. Even those that are used only on private property. Then someone trys to sell one but doesn't have a copy of the title no one in their right mind will buy it.

Hope they find it fast.
That sucks I hope the buggers get caught. Too bad it wasn't a Polaris. I have one I'll sell you cheap.
Originally Posted by chris112
A few suggestions to try to prevent it happening again:
If you are going to be gone for very long disconnect or remove the battery. Don't leave it in the same building as the ATV.
Drain the gas tank and again don't leave it in the same building. This one might be worth considering to do daily. Would be best with a fuel cut off valve installed just below the fuel tank.
Maybe even remove one or more tires.
Just make it look like it will be more trouble than it is worth to steal.

MOST IMPORTANTLY raise cain with the state legislator until they require ALL Atv's to be registered. Even those that are used only on private property. Then someone trys to sell one but doesn't have a copy of the title no one in their right mind will buy it.

Hope they find it fast.

It's a dang shame one has to go through all that just to keep his stuff from being stolen.

But you are right and yeah, we've thought of that but when you use it on a farm often the last thing you want to have to do is refuel, put a battery back in and put back on tires.

Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Those are the ONLY two things I despise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad

Makes it easy to despise government, doesn't it...

I would add someone that buys stolen property. mad Whether it is a gun, ATV, or watch. I'm still looking for a Honda, and a Polaris. LEO investigators didn't think it was even worth riding out to the farm to check it out. Too much other stuff to worry about I guess, chances of being successful to low and not enough people to go around. I don't really blame them, but next time I sure hope to have something to give them a little help.

It would be nice if all the ATV shops had a database that they could check to see if an ATV was stolen. It would also be nice if they cared more about getting a stolen ATV back to the owner than they did the $50.00 repair bill they were going to collect from the guy that bought the stolen one.

You can't lock ATV's up enough to stop someone from stealing them. They cut two big chains on mine and the lock on a gate. Given time, they can get them. The only recourse is to make it as hard as possible and take pictures of them doing it. Judges love pictures...
You are exactly right Mathsr! My 1st bike was stolen when I lived just across the Ga/Ala line in Alabama. It was inside a TRIPLE locked shed (a circle sheilded pad lock, a heavy duty pad lock and a door knob lock) and they cut every lock or busted the hidges off the locks to gain entry. Once inside, they had to cut one heavy log chain and one braided cabled that was fed through the rims and tires back up to the racks of the bike. Then once all this was cut, they hot wired it and rode it off. This was done during broad daylight while my wife and I were at work. If they want it, they'll stake you out and get your routine and come with tools needed to rip you off.

It's a dang shame!

One day, a owner with a set of nuts will catch them in the act and will lower the boom on them!

Here's a look at the locks I had on the outside of my building where the first one got stole from. I had documented everything b/c they had tried to steal it about a week earlier.

[Linked Image]

Here's the chain and braided cable that was through the rims and tires they had to cut. and the ignition they chunked.

[Linked Image]
Ever try an oversized dog like a Rotweiler, Doberman, or ill tempered Chessapeake Bay Retriever?

You'd be surprised how many guys will think twice about stealing stuff when confronted by an oversized teddy bear (well teddy bear to you... flesh ripping holy-terror to them)!
Originally Posted by TysonT
Ever try an oversized dog like a Rotweiler, Doberman, or ill tempered Chessapeake Bay Retriever?

You'd be surprised how many guys will think twice about stealing stuff when confronted by an oversized teddy bear (well teddy bear to you... flesh ripping holy-terror to them)!

People have tried that around here but when they get ready to steal it, your dog gets a diet of poison meat balls.
http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&ArticleID=40873&TM=8604.068

Seems like they are moving to the country, this is my buddy(Home owner) Had his 38 loaded with Snake shot!
Originally Posted by dave09
http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&ArticleID=40873&TM=8604.068

Seems like they are moving to the country, this is my buddy(Home owner) Had his 38 loaded with Snake shot!

Dang! I'm loaded, currently with a Glock 357 Sig and a Remington 870 using 3" Hevi Shot Dead Coyote (T shot size) loads... If I have to fire to protect my life, I want the perp DEAD!
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm most surprised to read that they rammed the ATV into locked cattle gates. Obviously thieves aren't known to be super smart, but that could well have ended vary badly had the gates not gave way. I suppose on thier 1st theft attempt they sized up the gate as vulnerable and thus they thought nothing of it and blasted it full steam ahead. (??)

I'm hoping this has a happy ending for you and you're made whole and they're caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Originally Posted by biglmbass
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm most surprised to read that they rammed the ATV into locked cattle gates. Obviously thieves aren't known to be super smart, but that could well have ended vary badly had the gates not gave way. I suppose on thier 1s theft attempt they sized up the gate as vulnerable and thus they thought nothing of it and blasted it full steam ahead. (??)

I'm hoping this has a happy ending for you and you're made whole and they're caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

When you are geeked up on meth, reason and proper thought processes don't always mesh in a coherent manner.

I wish they had been slung over the handle bars and onto the paved road in front of them to be honest.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm most surprised to read that they rammed the ATV into locked cattle gates. Obviously thieves aren't known to be super smart, but that could well have ended vary badly had the gates not gave way. I suppose on thier 1st theft attempt they sized up the gate as vulnerable and thus they thought nothing of it and blasted it full steam ahead. (??)

Win/Win for the theif. They either get the machine when the gate gives way, or, they get to sue the owner of the gate when they're injured because the gate didn't give way during their escape.

It's a damn shame ain't it.

Dang! I'm loaded, currently with a Glock 357 Sig and a Remington 870 using 3" Hevi Shot Dead Coyote (T shot size) loads... If I have to fire to protect my life, I want the perp DEAD!
Buddy been there, told the POS he didn't want to Kill Him!
Originally Posted by TysonT

People have tried that around here but when they get ready to steal it, your dog gets a diet of poison meat balls.

People who do this kind of thing on a regular basis need to be caught, and killed.

Quietly, if that's more "P.C." in your area. Leave the law out of it entirely,......if it leads to a less stressful resolution.

They're Vermin.

GTC
[quote=Dawn2Dusk][quote=dave09]http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&ArticleID=40873&TM=8604.068

Seems like they are moving to the country
, this is my buddy(Home owner) Had his 38 loaded with Snake shot!

Yup, property crimes are at an ALL TIME high here, according to our S.O.
The lowlifes are virtually ALL Prior Offenders, too.
Looks like all of the "Rehabilitation Programs" that have kept so many employed for so long were a complete wash,....eh ?

GTC

Buddy been there, told the POS he didn't want to Kill Him!

Similar story, but this one ended badly for the thief. Justified shooting obviously, but I'd have skipped the TV interview and simply said I feared for my life and where's my lawyer. This happened in south Alabama.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/Category.asp?C=195969&clipId=5336665&autostart=true
I'd have skipped the TV interview and simply said I feared for my life and where's my lawyer. This happened in south Alabama.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/Category.asp?C=195969&clipId=5336665&autostart=true

Only comment to ANYONE should be; "I want representation and I'd like to contact my lawyer."
Doesn't it just rub salt in your wounds when they cut your chain in the middle rather than the link your lock is going through? I have a couple of short, useless chains because of that kind of foolishness.

I did catch a guy in a garage he shouldn't have been in with a trail camera. He is currently cooling his heals in the lockup and will be for some time. That judge that loves pictures can't stand a burgler. He is one of the good ones!
I'm just not sure there's anything you can do to where they can't steal it or in the process of trying to steal it that they won't tear it all to heck making it worthless...
I'm just not sure there's anything you can do to where they can't steal it or in the process of trying to steal it that they won't tear it all to heck making it worthless...
I dunno.. Mine are inside a locked pole shed (no windows) and the home alarm is tasked to the doors.. I remove the batteries in the winter and I can see the door from my bedroom window (where I just happen to keep a handy self-defense item - with night sights laugh laugh

I dunno.. Mine are inside a locked pole shed (no windows) and the home alarm is tasked to the doors.. I remove the batteries in the winter and I can see the door from my bedroom window (where I just happen to keep a handy self-defense item - with night sights laugh laugh

Only difference in our set up is that it's an open air shed. The gates are alarmed through the house alarm, the lot's gates are chained locked. The whole set up is just outside my parent's bedroom window and there's a 357 Smith and Mossberg 500 ready to go. They were just quicker than my aging father was. Bastages waited until I went to MO to hit. Had I been home and got the call they'd got their money's worth in trying to out run me.

Bastages waited until I went to MO to hit.

Makes you wonder who all knew you were going out of town.
D2D,

Very sorry to hear about your loss, quad theft is rife over here too. How long is it between the first and secnd theft? Over here they will very often steal the first machine and then turn up again several months later to steal the replacement.

No idea what costs are involved, but you my want to fit a gps tracker unit and also some sort of concealed immobiliser switch. Even if you don't get a tracker unit, maybe print off some fake gps tracker warning labels...

Security wise, I am sorry to say it, but the locks and chains in the picture are simply not up to scratch..

Do a search on high security chain meant for motor bikes, and uses one (or two ) of those chains to secure the quad to a good ground anchor..They are expensive, but are far more resistant to cutting short of the theif using a torch.

Use as short a length of chain as practical and if at all possible, chain it such that the quad is over the chain/anchor to restrict access with bolt crops ect.

A short chain is also better as it stops the theif from folding it back over it self and smashing it with a sedgehammer..

For a ground anchor, look at something like: http://www.yanchor.com/
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Bastages waited until I went to MO to hit.

Makes you wonder who all knew you were going out of town.

Yeah, pretty sure I know who sold me out on that end too. He hangs with the thug we think rode it off. We're still hunting and the quail have flushed yet but the dogs are getting real birdy!
Maybe take the plug out or yank all the fuses next time so they can't ride it off your property?? Thing is with thieves, if they want something bad enough they will find a way to take it.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
HELLO,....where do any of youze' THINK confused these stolen Quads are going ?

Norway ? crazy

GTC

ebay as parts or a state where they don't require registration. ATV in Henderson NV that was stolen in Utah. Bike was sold in NV and stopped twice for riding on oil road but ser.# never checked, third stop wasn't so nice for rider.

I wish I could buy a 4 wheeler for what insurance companies think they are worth.

ha...no doubt.

Keys were not in it.

Sadly in this case, the parts are only a few keystrokes away with the internet. Yeah, the truth about ripping a 4-wheeler is that it is nothing more than a couple of wires. Cut, twist, go. All you have to do is know which.

There are reasons I could never be a judge.
I hope you find your property....

and I hope the courts can either lock his fanny away...

or they find him in an alley with his throat cut and his head bashed in..
My Brother got his stolen from his camp in Maine. They thought it was local kids. He never got it back. He lost his outboard off his boat, a generator and a bunch of camp stuff over the years too.

I suggested Lojack in his new one, but he said they don't put them in ATV's. I don't know why they wouldn't. Money is money.
Went out looking for the scum bags late last night. I think we are getting closer and closer to catching them.

Keep at it & keep us updated.
Was out to 2am this morning.

Hope I have a lot of good news to bring to you all after today.

We rattled a LOT of cages!
Was out to 2am this morning.

Hope I have a lot of good news to bring to you all after today.

We rattled a LOT of cages!

Go get'em bud. I can't stand thieving rats.
Luck,

....and watch yer' topknot.

GTC
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed to someone, who knew someone, who knew me and they called me to tell me where to go look.

It's been rode hard and put up soaking wet but a few days in the shop should have it back like it was prior to being stolen.

Now to get the thug that stole it and put him in jail!!!
don't let up.....
Fantastic D2D.
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed to someone, who knew someone, who knew me and they called me to tell me where to go look.

It's been rode hard and put up soaking wet but a few days in the shop should have it back like it was prior to being stolen.

keep after them don't let up somebody will rollover
That's good news!
Great!
I hate thieves.

Glad you got your bike back.
UPDATE

Great news and good work...Makes me wonder if a citizen can put in some hard work and get results, why the local police couldn't?

Some will say its "only an ATV theft" and the police are "too busy", but if the police hit the local scum hard on stuff like this, it would decrease the more serious crime by default..

Again, great result and now go buy some decent chains and locks for it!

Yup. That happened around here. A teenage punk thought to rip off a guy in the neighborhood, and so poisoned the target's two beloved rotts in preparation.

The guy with the dogs found out who did this, went over, and severely beat the offender.

Sadder ending though, the punk who got beat up, having no sense of shame or honor, reported it to the cops and the guy who had beaten him ended up being a repeat offender on account of teenage felonies. Lost everything.

Everyone was sad when the guy got locked up, he was respected in the area and had a reputation for providing good renovation and roofing services for a reasonable price.

Birdwatcher
My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more!

WOO HOO!!! Great to have a happy ending. Now proceed carefully.
Congrats on getting it back.

JM
"Makes me wonder if a citizen can put in some hard work and get results, why the local police couldn't?"

Pete, It's probably because the "citizen" used interview & interrogation techniques that cops can't! laugh
I've seen it happen time after time, where citizens got results because the crooks knew that the citizens weren't held to the same "rules of engagement" that the cops are.

Dawn2Dusk, good on you!

Ed
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Yup. That happened around here. A teenage punk thought to rip off a guy in the neighborhood, and so poisoned the target's two beloved rotts in preparation.

The guy with the dogs found out who did this, went over, and severely beat the offender.

Sadder ending though, the punk who got beat up, having no sense of shame or honor, reported it to the cops and the guy who had beaten him ended up being a repeat offender on account of teenage felonies. Lost everything.
Figures..

He shouldn't have beaten up the little SOB.. Dead men can't go to the cops.. laugh

Andy - glad you got it back and in one piece yet.. Very good to hear..
Now that you have it back, you need to hook it up to 220V in the barn, and be prepared to SSS...........
Glad you got it back! That doesn't happen very often from what I've heard and experienced. I wouldn't mind them catching whoever stole my Polaris, but I don't want it back. That thing was a lemon. I never went through a whole tank of gas with out a problem of some kind. Not one time in about 12 years. Who ever buys that stolen ATV is getting just what I want him to have:-)
Get the cops to dust it for prints, insist on it! Those meth heads probably left prints somewhere.
Originally Posted by ROMAC
Get the cops to dust it for prints, insist on it! Those meth heads probably left prints somewhere.

Almost all PD will not dust for prints for anything short of homicide or someone with some political clout.
Almost all PD will not dust for prints for anything short of homicide or someone with some political clout.

Interesting as that's not the case around here. Most guys I know dust/lift whenever we possibly can. I routinely do it on burglaries, etc.

Now, getting the the Lab to process those prints...... whistle .

4+ years for prints pulled of a recovered firearm with suspect prints to go along with them. How long do you think I'm going to wait on a set of prints I pull off a bureau with no suspect? Hell, lots of homeowners don't even want to come down to be printed so I can have exclusion prints.

George
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed...

Amazing!

Excellent work, sir.
UPDATE

Great, that sounds good.
Originally Posted by Pete E
UPDATE

Great news and good work...Makes me wonder if a citizen can put in some hard work and get results, why the local police couldn't?

Some will say its "only an ATV theft" and the police are "too busy", but if the police hit the local scum hard on stuff like this, it would decrease the more serious crime by default..

Again, great result and now go buy some decent chains and locks for it!

He was assisted by the local LE. The majority of S.O's in the SE, do take ATV theft serious. That includes PWC's too. We do stay after the scroats, it's a cat & mouse game. It's a story of money or fear of going back to jail. That makes or breaks cases. Snitches are one of the greatest asset that LE can have.
Glad you got it back.
Originally Posted by ROMAC

At my request, they dusted it...
My follow up piece in our local paper

3rd and Long

Vince Lombardi once said, �People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.� He was right and though we are winding down football season this isn�t about pigskin head knocking. Many of you will remember that I wrote an eye blackening retort to the people of Haralson County just after my ATV grew legs and vacated our family farm. Our community was faced with a decision; shake our heads and say how sad or shake our fist and say enough. I, along with others, picked ourselves up by our boot strings and marched out on a mission to return what was rightfully mine and hopefully see God�s hand at work in someone�s troubled life. The Haralson County Sheriff�s office took lead on the endeavor, coupling my personal efforts with a determined investigator, we began our ascending of the mountainous task. The cooperative spirits of locals begin to show as the word of theft spread and tips began to come in. Soon pieces of the puzzle starting fitting and a map was being unveiled. Each portion of the predicament was vigorously pursued by our sheriff�s office no matter how small or insignificant the occurrence. I must say, when asked, I saw a new side to our Sheriff�s department that showed a fire in the belly to bring about justice through a joint effort of everyone involved. No longer as a citizen did I feel like I was trying to win the game as the only player on the field. This was different; we had a stout offensive line made up of a caring community, a back field with a quarterback sent out by the sheriff�s office and myself willing to wear whatever number needed and go wherever the play deemed I should go. Through a series of 3rd and longs we finally managed to get inside the red zone and with time expiring the opposition allowed a break in coverage where we scored bringing what once was stolen to be recovered, returned and at home again. Though not every story is going to end up with a touchdown, our community, in full cooperation with our local law enforcement, can make a stand against the rivals. What must be realized is that our coach is still on the throne and with fans praising him we win every time regardless if our material items are returned. Philippians 4:13 says �I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.� and isn�t it great to know he is coaching our team! Thank you community, Thank you �Dash� and all the Sheriff�s office who were involved, but most of all Thanks be to God on high for blessing this effort. In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I�m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place. I ask that all our community pray for the ones involved allowing this to help straighten their life out and become a follower of the Christian faith. Thank you and God bless.

Congrats, sorry for the hassles. My son's car was stolen Friday night and I don't expect it to be found.......in one piece...

Nice to see a better than 'could have been' ending here.
In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I�m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place.

I admire the heck out of that. Still, he oughta be beat with a rubber hose. grin (I'm only mildly kidding)
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more!

WOO HOO!!! Great to have a happy ending. Now proceed carefully.

YESSIREE BOB, that is great news.
Beat with a rubber hose? No. A log chain is what comes to my mind.
In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I’m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place.

I admire the heck out of that. Still, he oughta be beat with a rubber hose. grin (I'm only mildly kidding)

Praying for them might mean that God sees fit for them to get caught, incarcerated and or even taken out of the gene pool to face his judgement. That's not for me to say, but I do pray God's will be done and if I'm a part of the tool that brings about finality to the almighty's plans then I'll be a willing servant.
My follow up piece in our local paper

3rd and Long

Vince Lombardi once said, “People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.” He was right and though we are winding down football season this isn’t about pigskin head knocking. Many of you will remember that I wrote an eye blackening retort to the people of Haralson County just after my ATV grew legs and vacated our family farm. Our community was faced with a decision; shake our heads and say how sad or shake our fist and say enough. I, along with others, picked ourselves up by our boot strings and marched out on a mission to return what was rightfully mine and hopefully see God’s hand at work in someone’s troubled life. The Haralson County Sheriff’s office took lead on the endeavor, coupling my personal efforts with a determined investigator, we began our ascending of the mountainous task. The cooperative spirits of locals begin to show as the word of theft spread and tips began to come in. Soon pieces of the puzzle starting fitting and a map was being unveiled. Each portion of the predicament was vigorously pursued by our sheriff’s office no matter how small or insignificant the occurrence. I must say, when asked, I saw a new side to our Sheriff’s department that showed a fire in the belly to bring about justice through a joint effort of everyone involved. No longer as a citizen did I feel like I was trying to win the game as the only player on the field. This was different; we had a stout offensive line made up of a caring community, a back field with a quarterback sent out by the sheriff’s office and myself willing to wear whatever number needed and go wherever the play deemed I should go. Through a series of 3rd and longs we finally managed to get inside the red zone and with time expiring the opposition allowed a break in coverage where we scored bringing what once was stolen to be recovered, returned and at home again. Though not every story is going to end up with a touchdown, our community, in full cooperation with our local law enforcement, can make a stand against the rivals. What must be realized is that our coach is still on the throne and with fans praising him we win every time regardless if our material items are returned. Philippians 4:13 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” and isn’t it great to know he is coaching our team! Thank you community, Thank you “Dash” and all the Sheriff’s office who were involved, but most of all Thanks be to God on high for blessing this effort. In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I’m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place. I ask that all our community pray for the ones involved allowing this to help straighten their life out and become a follower of the Christian faith. Thank you and God bless.

Yeah, and before someone says it, that was a lot of words to go about saying THANK YOU ALL...
For those not fortunate enough to personally know Dawn2Dusk, let me say first hand in case this thread doesn't make it obvious enough; You can have no greater ally in a worthy cause than Andy and though not always the case, when it comes to him the converse of that statement is true. Translation: Bad guys beware!

WELL DONE ANDY! On ALL accounts! Hope the bike is running like a champ again soon!
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
For those not fortunate enough to personally know Dawn2Dusk, let me say first hand in case this thread doesn't make it obvious enough; You can have no greater ally in a worthy cause than Andy and though not always the case, when it comes to him the converse of that statement is true. Translation: Bad guys beware!

WELL DONE ANDY! On ALL accounts! Hope the bike is running like a champ again soon!

Very well said I will second that statement.

congrats on recovering the ATV
© 24hourcampfire