Campfire Ranger
Congrats on getting it back.

JM

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"Makes me wonder if a citizen can put in some hard work and get results, why the local police couldn't?"

Pete, It's probably because the "citizen" used interview & interrogation techniques that cops can't! laugh
I've seen it happen time after time, where citizens got results because the crooks knew that the citizens weren't held to the same "rules of engagement" that the cops are.

Dawn2Dusk, good on you!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
People have tried that around here but when they get ready to steal it, your dog gets a diet of poison meat balls.

Yup. That happened around here. A teenage punk thought to rip off a guy in the neighborhood, and so poisoned the target's two beloved rotts in preparation.

The guy with the dogs found out who did this, went over, and severely beat the offender.

Sadder ending though, the punk who got beat up, having no sense of shame or honor, reported it to the cops and the guy who had beaten him ended up being a repeat offender on account of teenage felonies. Lost everything.
Figures..

He shouldn't have beaten up the little SOB.. Dead men can't go to the cops.. laugh

Andy - glad you got it back and in one piece yet.. Very good to hear..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now that you have it back, you need to hook it up to 220V in the barn, and be prepared to SSS...........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you got it back! That doesn't happen very often from what I've heard and experienced. I wouldn't mind them catching whoever stole my Polaris, but I don't want it back. That thing was a lemon. I never went through a whole tank of gas with out a problem of some kind. Not one time in about 12 years. Who ever buys that stolen ATV is getting just what I want him to have:-)

Harry
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get the cops to dust it for prints, insist on it! Those meth heads probably left prints somewhere.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ROMAC
Get the cops to dust it for prints, insist on it! Those meth heads probably left prints somewhere.

Almost all PD will not dust for prints for anything short of homicide or someone with some political clout.

NRA Lifetime Member
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Almost all PD will not dust for prints for anything short of homicide or someone with some political clout.

Interesting as that's not the case around here. Most guys I know dust/lift whenever we possibly can. I routinely do it on burglaries, etc.

Now, getting the the Lab to process those prints...... whistle .

4+ years for prints pulled of a recovered firearm with suspect prints to go along with them. How long do you think I'm going to wait on a set of prints I pull off a bureau with no suspect? Hell, lots of homeowners don't even want to come down to be printed so I can have exclusion prints.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed...

Amazing!

Excellent work, sir.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed to someone, who knew someone, who knew me and they called me to tell me where to go look.

It's been rode hard and put up soaking wet but a few days in the shop should have it back like it was prior to being stolen.

Now to get the thug that stole it and put him in jail!!!

Great, that sounds good.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed to someone, who knew someone, who knew me and they called me to tell me where to go look.

It's been rode hard and put up soaking wet but a few days in the shop should have it back like it was prior to being stolen.

Now to get the thug that stole it and put him in jail!!!

Great news and good work...Makes me wonder if a citizen can put in some hard work and get results, why the local police couldn't?

Some will say its "only an ATV theft" and the police are "too busy", but if the police hit the local scum hard on stuff like this, it would decrease the more serious crime by default..

Again, great result and now go buy some decent chains and locks for it!

He was assisted by the local LE. The majority of S.O's in the SE, do take ATV theft serious. That includes PWC's too. We do stay after the scroats, it's a cat & mouse game. It's a story of money or fear of going back to jail. That makes or breaks cases. Snitches are one of the greatest asset that LE can have.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you got it back.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ROMAC

At my request, they dusted it...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My follow up piece in our local paper

3rd and Long

Vince Lombardi once said, �People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.� He was right and though we are winding down football season this isn�t about pigskin head knocking. Many of you will remember that I wrote an eye blackening retort to the people of Haralson County just after my ATV grew legs and vacated our family farm. Our community was faced with a decision; shake our heads and say how sad or shake our fist and say enough. I, along with others, picked ourselves up by our boot strings and marched out on a mission to return what was rightfully mine and hopefully see God�s hand at work in someone�s troubled life. The Haralson County Sheriff�s office took lead on the endeavor, coupling my personal efforts with a determined investigator, we began our ascending of the mountainous task. The cooperative spirits of locals begin to show as the word of theft spread and tips began to come in. Soon pieces of the puzzle starting fitting and a map was being unveiled. Each portion of the predicament was vigorously pursued by our sheriff�s office no matter how small or insignificant the occurrence. I must say, when asked, I saw a new side to our Sheriff�s department that showed a fire in the belly to bring about justice through a joint effort of everyone involved. No longer as a citizen did I feel like I was trying to win the game as the only player on the field. This was different; we had a stout offensive line made up of a caring community, a back field with a quarterback sent out by the sheriff�s office and myself willing to wear whatever number needed and go wherever the play deemed I should go. Through a series of 3rd and longs we finally managed to get inside the red zone and with time expiring the opposition allowed a break in coverage where we scored bringing what once was stolen to be recovered, returned and at home again. Though not every story is going to end up with a touchdown, our community, in full cooperation with our local law enforcement, can make a stand against the rivals. What must be realized is that our coach is still on the throne and with fans praising him we win every time regardless if our material items are returned. Philippians 4:13 says �I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.� and isn�t it great to know he is coaching our team! Thank you community, Thank you �Dash� and all the Sheriff�s office who were involved, but most of all Thanks be to God on high for blessing this effort. In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I�m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place. I ask that all our community pray for the ones involved allowing this to help straighten their life out and become a follower of the Christian faith. Thank you and God bless.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats, sorry for the hassles. My son's car was stolen Friday night and I don't expect it to be found.......in one piece...

Nice to see a better than 'could have been' ending here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I�m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place.

I admire the heck out of that. Still, he oughta be beat with a rubber hose. grin (I'm only mildly kidding)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more!

WOO HOO!!! Great to have a happy ending. Now proceed carefully.

YESSIREE BOB, that is great news.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beat with a rubber hose? No. A log chain is what comes to my mind.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by biglmbass
In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I’m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place.

I admire the heck out of that. Still, he oughta be beat with a rubber hose. grin (I'm only mildly kidding)

Praying for them might mean that God sees fit for them to get caught, incarcerated and or even taken out of the gene pool to face his judgement. That's not for me to say, but I do pray God's will be done and if I'm a part of the tool that brings about finality to the almighty's plans then I'll be a willing servant.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My follow up piece in our local paper

3rd and Long

Vince Lombardi once said, “People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.” He was right and though we are winding down football season this isn’t about pigskin head knocking. Many of you will remember that I wrote an eye blackening retort to the people of Haralson County just after my ATV grew legs and vacated our family farm. Our community was faced with a decision; shake our heads and say how sad or shake our fist and say enough. I, along with others, picked ourselves up by our boot strings and marched out on a mission to return what was rightfully mine and hopefully see God’s hand at work in someone’s troubled life. The Haralson County Sheriff’s office took lead on the endeavor, coupling my personal efforts with a determined investigator, we began our ascending of the mountainous task. The cooperative spirits of locals begin to show as the word of theft spread and tips began to come in. Soon pieces of the puzzle starting fitting and a map was being unveiled. Each portion of the predicament was vigorously pursued by our sheriff’s office no matter how small or insignificant the occurrence. I must say, when asked, I saw a new side to our Sheriff’s department that showed a fire in the belly to bring about justice through a joint effort of everyone involved. No longer as a citizen did I feel like I was trying to win the game as the only player on the field. This was different; we had a stout offensive line made up of a caring community, a back field with a quarterback sent out by the sheriff’s office and myself willing to wear whatever number needed and go wherever the play deemed I should go. Through a series of 3rd and longs we finally managed to get inside the red zone and with time expiring the opposition allowed a break in coverage where we scored bringing what once was stolen to be recovered, returned and at home again. Though not every story is going to end up with a touchdown, our community, in full cooperation with our local law enforcement, can make a stand against the rivals. What must be realized is that our coach is still on the throne and with fans praising him we win every time regardless if our material items are returned. Philippians 4:13 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” and isn’t it great to know he is coaching our team! Thank you community, Thank you “Dash” and all the Sheriff’s office who were involved, but most of all Thanks be to God on high for blessing this effort. In closing, I would like for those responsible, still at large and hopefully reading this to know I’m praying for you to find peace in your heart through Christ and praying that your life is somehow improved by this misfortune that has taken place. I ask that all our community pray for the ones involved allowing this to help straighten their life out and become a follower of the Christian faith. Thank you and God bless.

Yeah, and before someone says it, that was a lot of words to go about saying THANK YOU ALL...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,232
Posts18,524,802
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.