Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
HELLO,....where do any of youze' THINK confused these stolen Quads are going ?

Norway ? crazy

GTC

ebay as parts or a state where they don't require registration. ATV in Henderson NV that was stolen in Utah. Bike was sold in NV and stopped twice for riding on oil road but ser.# never checked, third stop wasn't so nice for rider.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk

I wish I could buy a 4 wheeler for what insurance companies think they are worth.

ha...no doubt.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I'm assuming the keys were in it. Hope you had insurance. Bad deal all around. If they keys weren't in it, the theif would have to replace a couple of parts to get it to run, then the area ATV dealers would need to have a heads up on who comes in asking for a new key start. Good point for all of us, even locked up the keys should be somewhere else. Roll aways are still gone too but it's easier to give chase and harder for them to get away at top speed.

Keys were not in it.

Keys were with me in Missouri.

Trust me, to crank a 4-wheeler a thug can steal it faster than I can crank it with the key.

Yet I've alerted all the parts houses for someone getting parts for my bike. They've got posters on the bike with all the info.

Sadly in this case, the parts are only a few keystrokes away with the internet. Yeah, the truth about ripping a 4-wheeler is that it is nothing more than a couple of wires. Cut, twist, go. All you have to do is know which.

There are reasons I could never be a judge.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I hope you find your property....

and I hope the courts can either lock his fanny away...

or they find him in an alley with his throat cut and his head bashed in..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Brother got his stolen from his camp in Maine. They thought it was local kids. He never got it back. He lost his outboard off his boat, a generator and a bunch of camp stuff over the years too.

I suggested Lojack in his new one, but he said they don't put them in ATV's. I don't know why they wouldn't. Money is money.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Went out looking for the scum bags late last night. I think we are getting closer and closer to catching them.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep at it & keep us updated.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Was out to 2am this morning.

Hope I have a lot of good news to bring to you all after today.

We rattled a LOT of cages!

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Was out to 2am this morning.

Hope I have a lot of good news to bring to you all after today.

We rattled a LOT of cages!

Go get'em bud. I can't stand thieving rats.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Luck,

....and watch yer' topknot.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed to someone, who knew someone, who knew me and they called me to tell me where to go look.

It's been rode hard and put up soaking wet but a few days in the shop should have it back like it was prior to being stolen.

Now to get the thug that stole it and put him in jail!!!

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
don't let up.....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Fantastic D2D.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
UPDATE

My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more! The pressure we put on the local meth heads worked and it was dumped in a familiar area today and a call was placed to someone, who knew someone, who knew me and they called me to tell me where to go look.

It's been rode hard and put up soaking wet but a few days in the shop should have it back like it was prior to being stolen.

keep after them don't let up somebody will rollover

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's good news!

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate thieves.

Glad you got your bike back.

Last edited by Mac84; 12/03/10.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
UPDATE

Great news and good work...Makes me wonder if a citizen can put in some hard work and get results, why the local police couldn't?

Some will say its "only an ATV theft" and the police are "too busy", but if the police hit the local scum hard on stuff like this, it would decrease the more serious crime by default..

Again, great result and now go buy some decent chains and locks for it!

Last edited by Pete E; 12/04/10.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People have tried that around here but when they get ready to steal it, your dog gets a diet of poison meat balls.

Yup. That happened around here. A teenage punk thought to rip off a guy in the neighborhood, and so poisoned the target's two beloved rotts in preparation.

The guy with the dogs found out who did this, went over, and severely beat the offender.

Sadder ending though, the punk who got beat up, having no sense of shame or honor, reported it to the cops and the guy who had beaten him ended up being a repeat offender on account of teenage felonies. Lost everything.

Everyone was sad when the guy got locked up, he was respected in the area and had a reputation for providing good renovation and roofing services for a reasonable price.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My stolen ATV isn't stolen any more!

WOO HOO!!! Great to have a happy ending. Now proceed carefully.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,217
Posts18,524,508
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.