Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk
Originally Posted by SolomonBrainiac
I bet they spray painted it and sold it for 500 bucks. Hopefully you had insurance because ever getting it back will be doubtful at best.

That's just about a guarantee!

If given the chance, I'll spray paint them to cover up the bruises and scrapes. Then I'll sand blast it off and start over again...

LMAO... Ensure the air pressure's up to 150 or so.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by SolomonBrainiac
I bet they spray painted it and sold it for 500 bucks. Hopefully you had insurance because ever getting it back will be doubtful at best.

That's just about a guarantee!

If given the chance, I'll spray paint them to cover up the bruises and scrapes. Then I'll sand blast it off and start over again...

LMAO... Ensure the air pressure's up to 150 or so.. laugh laugh

Not sure what PSI it is, but it's set to 12 gauge, 3" with Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote (T) right now...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I even padlock my deerstand to the tree with a steel cable,
My BIL laughs and says they will cry just cut down the tree to get it.
Sorry about your trouble.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I'm assuming the keys were in it. Hope you had insurance. Bad deal all around. If they keys weren't in it, the theif would have to replace a couple of parts to get it to run, then the area ATV dealers would need to have a heads up on who comes in asking for a new key start. Good point for all of us, even locked up the keys should be somewhere else. Roll aways are still gone too but it's easier to give chase and harder for them to get away at top speed.

Keys were not in it.

Keys were with me in Missouri.

Trust me, to crank a 4-wheeler a thug can steal it faster than I can crank it with the key.

Yet I've alerted all the parts houses for someone getting parts for my bike. They've got posters on the bike with all the info.

Sorry to hear of your bike being stolen.Sure hope it makes it back to you.Your bike is sweet.

With a Honda one snip from the ignition wire and a quick pull on the rope and the bike is yours.Should make the dam things with a lockable steering shaft.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That does suck for sure. I hope you get it back. One question though.....Why do you hunt with your cell phone on?? I usually have mine with me but never have it on while actually hunting. Maybe it's just me but hunting with your phone on just don't seem right.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RS308MX
That does suck for sure. I hope you get it back. One question though.....Why do you hunt with your cell phone on?? I usually have mine with me but never have it on while actually hunting. Maybe it's just me but hunting with your phone on just don't seem right.

~~~Vibrate~~~ ~~~Mode~~~

I'm a husband, father of 2 and devoted son to a wonderful mother and father... Should any of them need me and they can reach me, I'll come no matter when or how far away I am. I keep my phone on me 24/7/365.

Plus, it allows me to call for help should I fall from the tree and survive. Kill a monster and need help getting him out. Or whatever...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
The two things I despise most in life is a thief and a liar.

Those are the ONLY two things I despise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Report it to your Honda Dealer with the information listed in the original post and have him put it on Honda's National Stolen Equipment or vehicle list. If whoever stole it or sells it to takes it to a Honda Dealer for service or repairs Honda will impound it and there's a chance you might get it back and the person who had possession of it will have to explain to the authorities how they gained possession of the Honda.

Honda maintains a National Hot List of all Equipment that is reported stolen or reported missing by the owner. I went through this this spring when someone decided they liked my Honda EU-2000 Generator more than I did, my Honda Dealer told me of the list and reported it missing to Honda and had it put on that list.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Report it to your Honda Dealer with the information listed in the original post and have him put it on Honda's National Stolen Equipment or vehicle list. If whoever stole it or sells it to takes it to a Honda Dealer for service or repairs Honda will impound it and there's a chance you might get it back and the person who had possession of it will have to explain to the authorities how they gained possession of the Honda.

Honda maintains a National Hot List of all Equipment that is reported stolen or reported missing by the owner. I went through this this spring when someone decided they liked my Honda EU-2000 Generator more than I did, my Honda Dealer told me of the list and reported it missing to Honda and had it put on that list.

Thanks and will do.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Called Honda and they indeed did take my info so if some parts house or one of their dealers calls in for parts, info, etc. on the bike it will show up stolen.

Thanks for the tip!

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man it just sucks. I remember the day we went and bought both of our ATVs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W7ACT - "I went through this this spring when someone decided they liked my Honda EU-2000 Generator more than I did..."

Honda generators are hot items for thieves around these parts here in Idaho. I know of two different hunters who came back to their elk camp and found their Honda generators stolen, along with other goodies.

Dawn2Dusk, sorry about your ATV disappearing. Hope you find the puke who stole it!

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
ATVs are the meal ticket for alot of these dope heads around the Southeast. Buying one puts a bullseye on your back where I live.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We don't have registration in Georgia or our 3 mile down the road neighboring state Alabama.

But I bet they never dreamed of robbing someone who would get the word out so fast and work so hard to get it back. The heat has been on them since the night they drove it off.

By now they've probably chopped it up and sold off the parts but that won't keep me from locating those responsible and bringing to them their justice.

Sorry to hear that it was stolen. I know your pain & frustration, i've seen it on many a citizens face. If a stolen report was taken by LE, it'll be entered into NCIC. I watch four-wheelers heavily, if i get close enough to one, that i even suspect might be stolen, VIN numbers are going to be ran. I'm not going to tell you, that it'll be recovered, but in 13 years i've seen some recovered that i never thought, we'ld ever recover.

I don't know your local S.O., but if the investigators have any snitches, that's who'll be a big help in finding it, if it indeed was taken by drug users. For those of you, who don't believe it, i've seen folks hotwire a four-wheeler very quickly.

We've set up a four-wheeler in a yard with a "For Sale" signs on it. We'ld drain the fuel out of the main and reserve tanks, leaving just enough to start it and run a short distance. That in areas that four-wheelers are being stolen, we'ld set up and wait. We had LEO's on dirt bikes to give chase. Normally those stealing them have stolen many, you can clear alot of cases, when you catch one of them. It's a big business stealing four-wheelers in the SE. What i found interesting, but not surprising is that many are stolen by juvenile groups.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear about your loss and hope it is recovered. I keep my 2003 Honda in a building and pull the key. Yes, I'd be very upset and lost without it. Good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ATVs are the meal ticket for alot of these dope heads around the Southeast. Buying one puts a bullseye on your back where I live.

They most certainly are. About 10 years ago we had a case, that worked itself back to an employee at a Yamaha dealership, that was telling people, actually selling addressess/trading for drugs, addressess of four-wheeler buyers. The youngman was a familymember of the dealer, but he had a drug dependency.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter1960
We don't have registration in Georgia or our 3 mile down the road neighboring state Alabama.

But I bet they never dreamed of robbing someone who would get the word out so fast and work so hard to get it back. The heat has been on them since the night they drove it off.

By now they've probably chopped it up and sold off the parts but that won't keep me from locating those responsible and bringing to them their justice.

Sorry to hear that. If a report was taken, it'll be entered into NCIC. I watch four-wheelers heavily, if i get close enough to one, that i even suspect might be stolen, VIN numbers are going to be ran. I'm not going to tell you, that it'll be recovered, but in 13 years i've seen some recovered that i never thought, we'ld ever recover.

I don't know your local S.O., but if the investigators have any snitches, that's who'll be a big help in finding it, if it was indeed was taken by drug users. For those of you, who don't believe it, i've seen folks hotwire a four-wheeler very quickly. We've set up a four-wheeler in a yard with a "For Sale" signs on it. We'ld drain the fuel out of the main and reserve tanks, leaving just enough to start it and run a short distance. That in areas that four-wheelers are being stolen, we'ld set up and wait. We had LEO's on dirt bikes to give chase. Normally those stealing them have stolen many, you can clear alot of cases, when you catch one of them.

I'm working with a S.O. Investigator that's top notch but I'm afraid his only downfall is the department in which he works for.

I wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper and it was published this last week;

County Crime Expanding

George Moscone once said, �Crime is an overhead you have to pay if you want to live in the city.� He was referring to San Francisco, California, not to the rural roots of a sleepy little county in west Georgia known as Haralson. There was a time when people from Tallapoosa to Steadman, from Buncombe to Bremen and from Waco to Buchanan didn�t bother to lock there doors, no one knew of any alarm systems besides maybe the ones at a bank and you never thought that if you left something in your yard that it wouldn�t be there when you returned. Well, times have certainly changed have they not? Our doors are now dead bolted with advanced security systems, our outside belongings are cabled down with huge locks behind well fastened gates and our nightly sleep comes only if we are well within reach of our most trusted shotgun. So where did things go wrong and can we turn our communities back into the sweet southern comfort we all used to know? I write to each of you only days after my 2nd ATV, many refer to them as 4-wheelers, was stolen. From inside a double gated, alarmed enclosure. I�m still wrought into a twisted emotional state fueled by resentment and dismay. Immediately we, the victims, begin to point fingers and the blame game begins but who truly is to blame? Law Enforcement? Judges? Prosecutors? No, we all are! Sadly, if there were not market for stolen goods then there would be no stealing beyond that of what someone may take for their own personal use. Trust me when I tell you all that the theft problems we are experiencing in our county is not heavily in favor of the usage for self interest but more so to fuel drug habits, lack of employment and an inexcusable ignorance that has become less frowned upon with time. Couple that with the attitude of you do your thing I�ll do mine, we�ve allowed crime to go unchecked at the excuse of it�s not my problem but theirs. If the people of this great county are to take their sanctuary back, then it must start with each of us and our households upholding a greater moral code of conduct. Each of us should strive to serve our communities by protecting what�s ours, yours and theirs. Silence can not be our native tongue when we know of crimes committed but rather honor in knowing that through doing what is just we will have stopped future collateral damages from occurring. We can not beat this issue after it has occurred, but we can prevent it if each of us adjusts our outlook. I�m proud to live in Haralson County and I issue the call out to everyone who reads this to start with your family, friends and acquaintances to spread the self-confidence of standing up to crime and its sin. We can change our lives, our households, our communities and our county but it�s going to take a change of heart, backbone and guidance from almighty God to get our lives out from hiding behind bars by putting criminals in cells behind them. And as for Law Enforcement, Commissioners, District Attorneys and Judges, be on notice that the citizens of this county will no longer put up with lax, inept and thwarted measures of making crime not pay. You want our vote, earn it! Its due time our county becomes very well known as extremely tough on crime and hard nosed on those who commit it. Together we can all make a difference�

I also wrote a letter praising the investigator and sent it to our local sheriff;

Honorable Sheriff Mixon,

Frequently in the hustle and bustle of today�s fast paced world, we all to often find ourselves plenty capable of the time to complain as we witness failures yet reluctant to give praise when someone goes the extra mile to do their job.
Tuesday, November 16th crime struck the Beech Creek Road area yet again and this time it was my personal ATV that was the target of mayhem. The thieves made away with not only my hunting and farm equipment, but also one of my children�s favorite toys they simply referred to as their �wheeler.� This theft adds to a long line of items stolen from our community including a truck, other atvs, home burglary, pressure washers, etc. Seems that it never fails that if in the week of a full moon, where the chemistry of rough, rainy weather combines, our belongings around our homes are in the sights of thugs that prey on us hard working folks. Generally speaking of law enforcement, a report is written and maybe we see an extra patrol car or two come through the following few days. Past that, our loss is taken upon our shoulders and we are left to wonder when we�ll be hit next.
Yet, this particular time was slightly different. It all started off pretty much par for course. Report taken, chase given, nothing really coming from it but then Investigator Bernie Reece joined in on the case. Now, even though my atv hasn�t been recovered, I must admit that Officer Reece has gone well above the call of duty to work with me and has shown brilliant regard to work this assignment with exemplary professional conduct. Prior to Officer Reece�s addition to this case, I had lost all hope in our law enforcement of the area to be able to provide any assistance beyond writing a brief incident report for insurance purposes, but my confidence and hope has been restored solely through my interactions with this man of uniform.
I could write on for several more pages as to the great impressions left upon me from Officer Reece, but the one that tops them all is around 9pm on Thanksgiving night I received a tip. Without hesitation, Officer Reece responded, on what I think was his day off, and stayed out running down this tip until 2am in the morning. Though his job requires a lot of him, he gives it way more than it requires and for that my family and I are thankful!
We still remain hopeful of a recovery of our goods, but it�s more about stopping the onslaught of theft that continues to ravage our community and strike fear into our homes. What once was an open door neighborhood has now taken on a behind the scenes militarized atmosphere where good, honest, diligent citizens are fed up with a history of crime on our area and fingers are always on the safety ready at a moments notice to legally protect our ground.
With the help of officers like Bernie Reece, I feel we are well on our way to making it a reality again of having an open door policy around our residence. I�m sure you have other great officers of which I haven�t had the chance to meet, but We, our county, needs more Reece inspired officers and that�s just a solid fact. You would do well to equip your staff with a dozen more, half as good as Bernie, officers to see a major upturn of public opinion.

God Bless�

Andy M. Johnson

Not to mention I've put up over 100 "REWARD" posters with all the detailed information, with pictures on it. I've got them posted at the local gas stations, banks, grocery stores, etc.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are both very good letters. I learned many years ago, that on rainy nights, thefts are going to rise. You have to use your instincts more, if it looks suspicious, it probably is.

USDOJ statistics, will show that rural crime is one of the fastest growing segiments of criminal activity in this country.

We both know the reasons as you've outlined in your letter, economy, lack of jobs, drug involvement. That along with small understaffed, underfinanced LE agencies. Sadly LE agencies manytimes, especially rural agencies, are playing reaction vs action to crime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Goodonya', sir. Respectfully worded letters/correspondences go a long way in my book. I really hope you retrieve your belongings, and the maggot(s) responsible get theirs, in spades.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by T LEE
The two things I despise most in life is a thief and a liar.

That about covers it, and the rest of the trash seem to always be one or the other, or both.

Last edited by heavywalker; 11/30/10.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (219 Wasp, 12344mag, 160user, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,091
Posts18,501,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.