Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What about Salvador Sanjez?Damn !Duran fought from ltwt to lthvy,what a fighter.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Really? I have never been able to stand the guy. I find myself many times asking, "well then why don't you get in there Lampley, show us how it's done?".

He writes for Huffington Post from time to time.

And, a commentator's job is to commentate. That involves critique. Don't go all Roy Jones on me and pull the "well you don't fight, so you can't say they're doing it wrong" card. If the guy is making a blatant technical error and getting punished for it, it doesn't take someone of the craft to point it out.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clint
Do you remember Danny "Little Red" Lopez? He thought getting knocked down a time or two was a prerequisite for winning. Tough kid I think he was a featherweight.

He got inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame this year.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
Larry is the guy ,sorry Larry Merchant. I think Smokkin Joe said he put a pile of cash on his fights as well.

Guys who think they know a lot about fighting sometimes bet a lot of money on fights. More often than not, they lose their ass.

Also, anyone who would have bet Liston in either of the Clay fights would have to be a blithering idiot. Liston was a huge favorite in both fights, and you would have had to put a lot of money on the line to get a rather small return if Liston had won.

Brian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
boxing is one sport i will not bet on

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I would never bet on a combat sport. Not only can ANYTHING happen (like a fluke injury), but you have incompetent state employees judging the fights.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The only fight I ever bet on was Tyson vs Douglas,I took the odds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only fight I ever bet on was Tyson vs Douglas,I took the odds.

Did you play it cool like you really know boxing, or jump up and down screaming "I won, I won!"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Larry is the guy ,sorry Larry Merchant. I think Smokkin Joe said he put a pile of cash on his fights as well.

Was watching a documentary late last night, and it turns out that Larry Merchant was one of the first investors in Cloverlay, which was Frazier's backing firm.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Larry got kinda jerky in the Joe and Oscar fights.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Damn near passed out from those odds 50-1,all I had was A c-note to put down.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Larry got kinda jerky in the Joe and Oscar fights.

As he should have.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Holmes vs Holyfield, both at the top of the game?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That would be hard to call. It would probably look like Holmes vs. Norton and be very close to call. Would favor Holyfield on points simply because he pushed a harder pace and was a bit busier than Holmes, but it would be a coin flip type fight.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
young Tyson vs young Frazier?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Train wreck.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Do not blink on that one.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

It would look something like the first Foreman vs. Frazier fight. Joe Frazier was a horribly slow started who usually took 5 rounds before he could find his groove. Tyson was a very fast starter with sick power.

Not a good combo for Smokin Joe.

Brian.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Brian, Well said! Joe kinda like a slow steady pull.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit

It would look something like the first Foreman vs. Frazier fight. Joe Frazier was a horribly slow started who usually took 5 rounds before he could find his groove. Tyson was a very fast starter with sick power.

Not a good combo for Smokin Joe.

Brian.

Not sure who would have won, but either outcome wouldn't have surprised me. Fraizer was tailor made for Foreman, the perfect height for a 6'4" fighter who throws power from his hip.

In his prime, Tyson never faced anyone with Joe's head and upper body movement, hell Ali missed him more than he hit him.

Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.