-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats to the young kid! I will shoot does all day, every day if I could! I like the meat and could care less about the horns...unless of course it is a nice big one, then I might care!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
duq sure wouldn't like to hunt with me very much. My first deer was a big whitetail doe, and I'm the guy that kills the first ADULT deer that I can get. I'm a meat hunter with two kids and they're THRILLED when I bring in a big doe. I've killed some nice bucks in my days, but only because they were the first adult deer I came across. My only question is why did the doe get hung up before it was gutted? I've never hung up any big game animal without gutting
it first. Are there lots of guys that do this or am I in the minority?

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by selmer
duq sure wouldn't like to hunt with me very much. My first deer was a big whitetail doe, and I'm the guy that kills the first ADULT deer that I can get. I'm a meat hunter with two kids and they're THRILLED when I bring in a big doe. I've killed some nice bucks in my days, but only because they were the first adult deer I came across. My only question is why did the doe get hung up before it was gutted? I've never hung up any big game animal without gutting
it first.
Are there lots of guys that do this or am I in the minority?

They butcher deer themselves. So instead of gutting the deer, they just debone it. They say there is no need to puncture the gut and get bacteria everywhere. I always gutted my deer as well, until I met this family a few years back. Now I to no longer gut my deer. Much, much easier.

Don't fruit the beer!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
+2 Countryboy73

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd rather he killed a doe than I small buck. JM $.02

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Duquensebeer
The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...6/Re_First_Blood_with_my_760#Post4622226

Duquensebeer, here is a pic of you from a previous post above. Seems you were lazy and had lots of desperation also.

I'd say about 60lbs or so?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by slg888; 12/01/10.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
tell the kid gongrats from an OLD deer hunter and good shooting too-he will never forget it-whsk

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
That just shows the intelligence of some people.

The Matchking is designed to shoot paper - not whitetails.

The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season. Shows a lot of desperation.
Not a good example to set for a young kid - run into the woods, shoot the first thing that comes along, fill the freezer and leave.
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck if they would have held off shooting the first thing that came down the trail.

its people like you who are driving the youth out of hunting.

what a shame.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good shootin by the kid and thanks for posting. The more I see a 7mm-08 bein used the more I want one wink Maybe I could get some advice from the boy.

Maybe I'll try the whole not gutting thing myself. Do you just skin it and start cutting? Shoot me a PM if it's too involved.

It's pretty sad when people turn themselves into rain clouds on a parade day.

Brett (Mac)

Brett
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I am a fan of the 7mm08 myself. I pull it out a lot more than my 7mm mag these past few years.

Basically just skin the deer while it is hanging, then start cutting the meat off of the bones. We cook the fish right away and cut the back strap into thin steaks. The rest of the meat is cut off of the bone, and then we soak it in salt water for a week or so in 5gal buckets. We then grind it and add beef or pork depending on what we are going to make it into. Some stays ground beef, some gets made into polish/Italian sausage, some loose sausage, some gets smoked as beef sticks. Not much to it really. Just be careful on the front shoulders and taking teh fish. The fish is on the gut side of the backstrap and you could puncture the gut. The front shoulders have a bone that divides 2 cuts. That bone stops about halfway down the shoulder. If your fingers are behind the meat cuts, the knife can cut your fingers. That's about all I do.

Don't fruit the beer!!!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good shooting on kids part and congrats to him!

Douchebeer is one of leading [bleep] on the Fire.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slg888
The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season.

Duquensebeer, here is a pic of you from a previous post above. Seems you were lazy and had lots of desperation also.

[Linked Image]

60?? I'd say 63...looks a bit out of breath!

Very big congratulations on the first deer...I remember my first deer like it was yesterday...a doe at that, and I wouldn't have passed it up for the world!

-FMP

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
That just shows the intelligence of some people.

The Matchking is designed to shoot paper - not whitetails.

The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season. Shows a lot of desperation.
Not a good example to set for a young kid - run into the woods, shoot the first thing that comes along, fill the freezer and leave.
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck if they would have held off shooting the first thing that came down the trail.

A revolving, 360-degree [bleep].

Don't matter which way you turn douchebeer, he's still an [bleep].

And, a damned stupid one, at that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations to the young man on a fine hunt.

Dumbphuckbeer suffers from a terminal case of anal/cranial inversion. Just ignore the stupid Sumbitch.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
what a dickhead !
it's the kids first deer, and most likely had buck fever real bad, and was as excited as all get out.

some of us shoot female animals.
i know i do.
instead of buying a bull tag for colorado for 550 plus bucks, myself and the other guys buy cow tags for 350 plus. we see lots more cows than legal bulls, and filling the freezer with great tasting elk is more the objective than for dinky non edible antlers.

i also go to wyoming for doe antelope.
34 bucks plus per doe tag vs 330 bucks plus for 1 buck tag is a no brainer for me.
get 4 doe tags for about half the price of 1 buck tag.
lots of good eatin comin home with me..

now the bullet choice is questionable, but i also have used a .30 caliber 168 gr. sierra match bthp on doe antelope.
worked just fine, but again if it didn't expand or blow up, an antelope would surely die pretty quick with a .30 caliber hole thru it's lungs.

anyways, i am very happy for the kid, send a congrats to him from me would ya please.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Naa.

45 tops. He couldn't lift a 60 pounder.

Whatever it is that's eatin at ya on the inside, Duquensebeer, I hope you find some relief. Ya poor miserable bastard.

Congrats to the hunter!
Well done, young Sir, well done!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell of a hole and Dam fine shooting, Pat the boy on the back from Minnesota!!

I wish I could get on the internet and talk like a big man.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by FullMetalParka

[Linked Image]

-FMP

That deer was shot on a extended season Saturday - was a one and you are done deal.

The doe the little kid shot was on the very first day of the season. Even with the lack of deer as a whole in the State of Pennsylvania - there is no reason for someone to have to fill their tags 7:15 Am on the first day.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Duquensebeer is jealous of any kid that seems to have a good relationship with a good father. He never had that and he never outgrew it.
It's time to stop wishing for a better childhood, Duq.

Spazzoni, congratulations to the kid. I bet he remembers this deer for the rest of his life...as he should!

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 12/01/10.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Oh, doucheswithbeer.... I shot another DOE this evening, cut the poor thing's throat with a cheap Wallyworld cup and core bullet. That sorry, inhumane excuse for a bullet dropped her in her tracks, more's the pity.

To the OP- please convey my congratulations to the boy. He made meat with one shot, and that is a feat that far too many guys who hunt every year can't seem to master. He should be proud.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (10Glocks, Akhutr, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 8 invisible), 960 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,411
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.