Home
Posted By: Spazzoni PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
This doe was shot by my buddies 12yo son. It was his first deer ever and he was very proud. It was a nice sized doe for these parts and the young man made a great shot right. Broadside slight quarter, right behind the shoulder. What is surprising is the exit hole. He was using a 7mm08 with sierra matchking 130gr. Not sure why his father loaded match bullets for hunting. The deer was ranged at 152 yards. I would expect the bullet to have broken up inside the deer but it didn't. The exit hole was 6" long and 3-4" inches high. I could stick my fist through teh hole with no problems. All vitals were turned to jelly and the deer still ran 60 yards. Lung and a little gut (not punctured) are sticking through the exit hole. I am just shocked by the damage the little 130gr match bullet did to a good sized whitetail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That just shows the intelligence of some people.

The Matchking is designed to shoot paper - not whitetails.

The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season. Shows a lot of desperation.
Not a good example to set for a young kid - run into the woods, shoot the first thing that comes along, fill the freezer and leave.
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck if they would have held off shooting the first thing that came down the trail.
Dude lighten up it's the kids 1st deer matters not what it was just that it is...bet the kid was just as excited as if you or I shot a big buck....bullet choice(which was a bad one) is another story
Posted By: dave7mm Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Tell'um we all at the campfire said good shooting and Congratulations for a job well done.

............comming unglued is what cup and core bullets do.
No matter what is says on the outside of the box.

dave
Posted By: Spazzoni Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Originally Posted by Duquensebeer

The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season. Shows a lot of desperation.
Not a good example to set for a young kid - run into the woods, shoot the first thing that comes along, fill the freezer and leave.
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck if they would have held off shooting the first thing that came down the trail.

What an ass. It wasn't the first day and it matters not. Doe are legal to shoot with a tag, what is the big deal? The kids first deer, I'm happy for him. They sat all day on the farm passing up a lot of small bucks and does. It was getting late and this doe walked out into the field. Why not fill the freezer? Seems you may have some issues that need to be...

As for bullet choice, certainly not the best. Seems to have worked just fine and did massive damage.

Do you keep you head up your butt for the warmth. It was the kids first deer he probably didn't care if it was a buck or a doe he just loved the hunt. It sounds like that is what you need to get back to, just finding joy in the hunt and screw the trophy bull crap.

Tell the kid good shooting and he shot a great first deer he should be proud.
Congrats on the youngsters first kill , we need more of those kids hunting ..ignore the idiotic comments form the peanut gallery.
Thanks all. He is very proud of this deer. When I see him tonight I will share your congrats.
Spazz,

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to the lad and his dad.

Ignore the the negative one. As the Sam Adams advertising sign says, for some people "It's All About The Beer", even at 7;02 AM.

I was going to question your intelligence, but I suspect you're plenty smart. You are just a troll having fun. But you are dangerous because someday you'll dispense your "wisdom" to someone that doesn't know better and they'll get themselves hurt. Please reconsider the game you're playing.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Good job, young hunter!

Welcome to deer hunting, bring some friends along as the ranks are dwindling fast...........................
Sounds like duq beer has been watching to many "hunting" shows. Amazing how easily influenced some folks are. More congrats to the kid. He has every right to be proud, making a good shot and putting meat on the table for his family. That's how its been done in this country since what, maybe 1620 or thereabouts? Good job kid!
Congrat's to the young man on his first deer!

Posted By: slg888 Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck
Not everyone buck hunts.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10

What a [bleep].

Yup, all those meat hunters, what a bunch of morons.

The dear is dead, ain't it? And the bullet exited, no less. What more do you want?

I shot a <90lb. doe on opening day, and another large doe the next time I went out. I am going out again this evening to get another doe. How does that make me lazy or desperate, exactly?

Bullshit. They took that boy out and he made meat. Which just happens to be the traditional reason for hunting. You think any generation prior to WW1 had the luxury of spending a week in the woods and coming home with nothing because they didn't see a monster set of horns?

I don't know where you live(Kalifornia?), but around here, the deer don't change sexes.... grin
Posted By: maddog Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10

Ya know, somebody oughta take yer post and shove it up yer azz. Dickweed.

Congrats to the 12 year old he dun good! Give him 3 attaboys for me will ya! grin

maddog
Posted By: kendibs Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10

congrats to the youngin' on that deer.

i remember well when my son took his first deer (doe) at 12 too. something he & i will never forget.

-ken

Posted By: Lonny Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Congrats to the young man on making a dandy shot and killing his first deer.
Posted By: rost495 Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Congrats!!!!

(as an aside.. I'm another dumbazz that uses match BTHP bullets at times..... never had an issue with one either, though I am a bit pickier about shot choices....)

Congrats to the young kid! I will shoot does all day, every day if I could! I like the meat and could care less about the horns...unless of course it is a nice big one, then I might care!
Posted By: selmer Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
duq sure wouldn't like to hunt with me very much. My first deer was a big whitetail doe, and I'm the guy that kills the first ADULT deer that I can get. I'm a meat hunter with two kids and they're THRILLED when I bring in a big doe. I've killed some nice bucks in my days, but only because they were the first adult deer I came across. My only question is why did the doe get hung up before it was gutted? I've never hung up any big game animal without gutting
it first. Are there lots of guys that do this or am I in the minority?
Originally Posted by selmer
duq sure wouldn't like to hunt with me very much. My first deer was a big whitetail doe, and I'm the guy that kills the first ADULT deer that I can get. I'm a meat hunter with two kids and they're THRILLED when I bring in a big doe. I've killed some nice bucks in my days, but only because they were the first adult deer I came across. My only question is why did the doe get hung up before it was gutted? I've never hung up any big game animal without gutting
it first.
Are there lots of guys that do this or am I in the minority?

They butcher deer themselves. So instead of gutting the deer, they just debone it. They say there is no need to puncture the gut and get bacteria everywhere. I always gutted my deer as well, until I met this family a few years back. Now I to no longer gut my deer. Much, much easier.
+2 Countryboy73
I'd rather he killed a doe than I small buck. JM $.02
Posted By: slg888 Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...6/Re_First_Blood_with_my_760#Post4622226

Duquensebeer, here is a pic of you from a previous post above. Seems you were lazy and had lots of desperation also.

I'd say about 60lbs or so?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: whsk Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
tell the kid gongrats from an OLD deer hunter and good shooting too-he will never forget it-whsk

its people like you who are driving the youth out of hunting.

what a shame.
Posted By: Brett_Mc Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Good shootin by the kid and thanks for posting. The more I see a 7mm-08 bein used the more I want one wink Maybe I could get some advice from the boy.

Maybe I'll try the whole not gutting thing myself. Do you just skin it and start cutting? Shoot me a PM if it's too involved.

It's pretty sad when people turn themselves into rain clouds on a parade day.

Brett (Mac)
I am a fan of the 7mm08 myself. I pull it out a lot more than my 7mm mag these past few years.

Basically just skin the deer while it is hanging, then start cutting the meat off of the bones. We cook the fish right away and cut the back strap into thin steaks. The rest of the meat is cut off of the bone, and then we soak it in salt water for a week or so in 5gal buckets. We then grind it and add beef or pork depending on what we are going to make it into. Some stays ground beef, some gets made into polish/Italian sausage, some loose sausage, some gets smoked as beef sticks. Not much to it really. Just be careful on the front shoulders and taking teh fish. The fish is on the gut side of the backstrap and you could puncture the gut. The front shoulders have a bone that divides 2 cuts. That bone stops about halfway down the shoulder. If your fingers are behind the meat cuts, the knife can cut your fingers. That's about all I do.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10
Good shooting on kids part and congrats to him!

Douchebeer is one of leading [bleep] on the Fire.
Originally Posted by slg888
The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season.

Duquensebeer, here is a pic of you from a previous post above. Seems you were lazy and had lots of desperation also.

[Linked Image]

60?? I'd say 63...looks a bit out of breath!

Very big congratulations on the first deer...I remember my first deer like it was yesterday...a doe at that, and I wouldn't have passed it up for the world!

-FMP
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/01/10

A revolving, 360-degree [bleep].

Don't matter which way you turn douchebeer, he's still an [bleep].

And, a damned stupid one, at that.
Congratulations to the young man on a fine hunt.

Dumbphuckbeer suffers from a terminal case of anal/cranial inversion. Just ignore the stupid Sumbitch.
what a dickhead !
it's the kids first deer, and most likely had buck fever real bad, and was as excited as all get out.

some of us shoot female animals.
i know i do.
instead of buying a bull tag for colorado for 550 plus bucks, myself and the other guys buy cow tags for 350 plus. we see lots more cows than legal bulls, and filling the freezer with great tasting elk is more the objective than for dinky non edible antlers.

i also go to wyoming for doe antelope.
34 bucks plus per doe tag vs 330 bucks plus for 1 buck tag is a no brainer for me.
get 4 doe tags for about half the price of 1 buck tag.
lots of good eatin comin home with me..

now the bullet choice is questionable, but i also have used a .30 caliber 168 gr. sierra match bthp on doe antelope.
worked just fine, but again if it didn't expand or blow up, an antelope would surely die pretty quick with a .30 caliber hole thru it's lungs.

anyways, i am very happy for the kid, send a congrats to him from me would ya please.

Naa.

45 tops. He couldn't lift a 60 pounder.

Whatever it is that's eatin at ya on the inside, Duquensebeer, I hope you find some relief. Ya poor miserable bastard.

Congrats to the hunter!
Well done, young Sir, well done!

Hell of a hole and Dam fine shooting, Pat the boy on the back from Minnesota!!

I wish I could get on the internet and talk like a big man.
Originally Posted by FullMetalParka

[Linked Image]

-FMP

That deer was shot on a extended season Saturday - was a one and you are done deal.

The doe the little kid shot was on the very first day of the season. Even with the lack of deer as a whole in the State of Pennsylvania - there is no reason for someone to have to fill their tags 7:15 Am on the first day.
Duquensebeer is jealous of any kid that seems to have a good relationship with a good father. He never had that and he never outgrew it.
It's time to stop wishing for a better childhood, Duq.

Spazzoni, congratulations to the kid. I bet he remembers this deer for the rest of his life...as he should!
Oh, doucheswithbeer.... I shot another DOE this evening, cut the poor thing's throat with a cheap Wallyworld cup and core bullet. That sorry, inhumane excuse for a bullet dropped her in her tracks, more's the pity.

To the OP- please convey my congratulations to the boy. He made meat with one shot, and that is a feat that far too many guys who hunt every year can't seem to master. He should be proud.
Posted By: tzone Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Congrats to the kid. But.....why didn't they gut it in the field? Especially since the guts were coming out of the deer already.
That just shows the of some people.

The intelligence coming through is yours. Are you always an ass?
Posted By: rost495 Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Geez what a dumb azz.... The ONLY reason I'll shoot a buck... is if its a cull or it is a wall hanger. I shoot only does the rest of the time. I see a wall hanger about once every 5 years or so..... maybe....

WTF is wrong with shooting early? I've shot a doe just as it was legal light and still watched deer till almost noon taking pictures and such...

What I can't stand personally is folks shoot a buck, just to say they shot a buck. WTF a huge waste is that? Let him grow up for God's sake. My personal rule is at least 6.5 years old...before I'll take a buck.
Originally Posted by rost495
What I can't stand personally is folks shoot a buck, just to say they shot a buck. WTF a huge waste is that? Let him grow up for God's sake. My personal rule is at least 6.5 years old...before I'll take a buck.

No offense but in a lot of areas here you may only see one deer. It could be a buck and a small one.
Posted By: LBP Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Congratulations to the young man on his first deer. Great job on a clean one shot kill.

I hang most of my deer before gutting as I usually hunt in my back yard and don't want the guts stinking up the place and running off the other deer. Sure are lots of deer in Texas. wink
Posted By: Spazzoni Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10

[Linked Image]

-FMP

That deer was shot on a extended season Saturday - was a one and you are done deal.

The doe the little kid shot was on the very first day of the season. Even with the lack of deer as a whole in the State of Pennsylvania - there is no reason for someone to have to fill their tags 7:15 Am on the first day.

No, no difference than the one you seem to be making up in your alter reality.

You assume a little too much and seem to lack in reading comprehension.

Duquensebeer, that is one of the lowest comments I have ever seen on this site. You are the worst example of a hunter and everything this site isn't about.I am offended that you are a member Douchebag... Congratulations to the kid for getting a deer!
Nice job by the boy and hats off to the old man for making time to teach him and take him hunting...many boys never get that chance. Duquesnebeer is misguided and should think before making commentary. High 5 the boy when you see him and pat Pops on the back for passing it on!

[Linked Image]

-FMP

I would think that after getting lambasted for 5 pages by virtually everyone that replied to your post, you'd SHUT YOUR TRAP! What an asinine thing to say. Did YOU pass up does to get your first deer? I'm guessing not, and boy, that pic of yours, that's a real trophy. Don't you EVER address another young hunter this way. First of all, you have no right whatsoever to call this kid lazy! He made a good shot, the bullet did it's job, and that's the bottom line. Lay off the beer for a while and apologize to this kid and pray to God that you NEVER cross paths with another Campfire member that remembers your post, you drunken loudmouthed SOB!
Posted By: selmer Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Originally Posted by Spazzoni
Originally Posted by selmer
it first.
Are there lots of guys that do this or am I in the minority?

They butcher deer themselves. So instead of gutting the deer, they just debone it. They say there is no need to puncture the gut and get bacteria everywhere. I always gutted my deer as well, until I met this family a few years back. Now I to no longer gut my deer. Much, much easier.

Thanks for the info. I've heard of doing it with larger animals or for packing them out miles from the road, but never when having access to a place to hang them. To each their own, the important thing is that he had a successful experience, cleanly killed a big doe, and put meat in the freezer. Duqqiebeer should just keep his head back where it was.
Sent him a PM to make sure he got my sentiments on this. 'Wonder how many will put this azz on ignore. I'm waiting to hear back from him before I bestow that title on him.
gophergunner...don't get too jammed up over this ass-clown. He ought to know by this point in time exactly what the rest of us think of his foolish words. God really does have a sense of humor!
Originally Posted by LBP

I hang most of my deer before gutting as I usually hunt in my back yard and don't want the guts stinking up the place and running off the other deer. Sure are lots of deer in Texas. wink

I've never heard of that practice other than from folks on here. Must be regional. Guts sure don't scare away deer around here. Shot a buck one morning a few years back. Then shot a doe sniffing his gut pile. Not the first story I've heard of that either.

Deer are probably more skiddish from the human scent in the area of the guts than the guts themselves.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I Don't you EVER address another young hunter this way. First of all, you have no right whatsoever to call this kid lazy! He made a good shot, the bullet did it's job, and that's the bottom line. Lay off the beer for a while and apologize to this kid and pray to God that you NEVER cross paths with another Campfire member that remembers your post, you drunken loudmouthed SOB!

Hell's YEAH!
Tzone, your probably right. In places I've hunted where I had to field dress it didn't seem to bother the deer much. Heck,the deer at my place are not even worried about human scent. One year after an unsuccessful hunt on a friends place a few miles away I was napping in my long johns on the couch, when my wife woke me for a buck inside the back yard fence. I looked out the backdoor at a fine 8 pointer eating the lawn. I stepped onto the back porch in my long johns and shot him about 20 yards from the door. Good thing I was in great physical condition for that strenuous hunt... grin
Originally Posted by LBP
I stepped onto the back porch in my long johns and shot him about 20 yards from the door. Good thing I was in great physical condition for that strenuous hunt... grin

grin

Didjya make the wife help ya drag?
No, but thats a good idea I wish I had thought of it... whistle
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by LBP

I've never heard of that practice other than from folks on here. Must be regional. Guts sure don't scare away deer around here. Shot a buck one morning a few years back. Then shot a doe sniffing his gut pile. Not the first story I've heard of that either.

Deer are probably more skiddish from the human scent in the area of the guts than the guts themselves.
My experience also. My brother and I had two tree stands back behind our camp. He shot a spiker at first light on the first morning. I got down and went over to see if he needed any help. I ended up climbing up in his stand and shot a 5 pint sniffing his gut pile less than an hour later.
With all the attacks on this forum - I am going to post what I sent in private conversation to one of the morons that sent me a offline message -

You don't understand.
There are two types of people In Pennsylvania right now.
The people that complains that there is no deer and the slob hunters that goes out and shoots deer on the first day of rifle season at 7 AM.

There is two weeks of rifle season and you can shoot does any day of the week in some zones. In my zone you cannot shoot a doe until this Saturday. At the same time my zone - 2D is the largest producer of deer in the entire state - yet you must have 4 points to one antler unless you are a disabled or youth hunter.

No I do not owe this kid a apology - because it was his dad's friend who posted what a great hunter he is - and how proud of him he was that his kid schwacked a doe at first light.

You are not teaching a kid how to be a hunter when you are shooting the first deer that comes down the deer trail.
All you are doing is showing him how to be a shootist.

The only way you learn how to be a hunter is to pay your dues and spend time in the woods and when your only goal is to fill your tags as quickly as possible and leave - in my opinion - you are not a hunter.

Read my post - more then once before you jump down my back.
Read this post - more then once before you jump down my back.

I am telling you - the deer situation is bad in Pennsylvania.
It isn't that there isn't NO DEER, it's that there is a very limited amount of deer in the woods to hunt.

There are people who might only have saw one or two deer all this week, and there are people who has not seen any deer at all.

Maybe they are not good hunters - I don't know.
But my dad taught me half of what I know today and my dad hunted all day Monday and never saw a deer - which is the first time that has ever happened in his entire hunting career and he is 75 yrs old.

My one brother - I let sit in my tree stand and he came home and said he saw 11 bucks and 9 does.

My other brother sat in my favorite tree stand yesterday and shot a 7 point buck about noon when my other brother wanted to walk back to the truck to eat lunch.

Why he would want to walk back to the truck when he had a roof over his head, walls around him, a Kerosun heater to keep him warm - is beyond me.

Most hunters - and I use that term gently, hunts by their watch and not by their common sense. They look at their watch and they set dead lines, if nothing comes along by 8:30 I am going to do this, if nothing comes along by 9 AM I am going to do that.

Deer move because hunters move.
The very first deer that kid saw was probably because they were late getting into the woods and they walked right up on a deer and his dad told him to shoot it because he wanted to fill the tags and only had a limited amount of time to do so and he wanted his kid to be successful.

I hunted deer until I was 20 years old before I shot my first doe.

One reason was because you were only allowed to shoot one deer per a year and I shot a buck most years, other years I did not get a doe license and other years beyond that - I did not yet acquire the necessary skills to be a proficient hunter to be able to walk into the woods by myself and shoot a doe in the two days that the state gave you for doe season.

They are making it too easy for people to walk into the woods and just shoot everything in sight.

The Game Commission already knows that a bunch of crap is going on and the hunters are displeased with their decision to let people shoot doe's on the first day and they have toughened up the laws against poaching and illegal kills.

The Game Commission realizes that they are selling too many tags and there is too many deer being harvested and that some areas do not even have a deer anymore in the woods to hunt.

If you want deer - you have to stop shooting the doe's.
There is nothing wrong with shooting a doe, but please - don't come on here one year bragging that you shot one on opening morning at 7 AM and come on here 5 years from now and blame the PGC that there is no more deer in Pennsylvania.

The Game Commission isn't shooting them - you are!

Teach your kids to be ethical hunters - teach them to let a doe walk on the first day and be more selective on which deer you do shoot and you can create a situation where it is more enjoyable for everyone. That was the point that I was trying to make and the point that I suppose the father friend of the boy that shot the doe understood when he read my post.

There is no law that says that you can't shoot a doe at 7 AM on the first day, but why do it? Are you really teaching your kids how to be a hunter when you shoot the first legal deer that walks down the trail?

You only learn how to be a hunter by going hunting multiple times and making mistakes - that is why it is called hunting and not getting.
You have now proven yourself to be a bigger azzhat than I previously perceived....
Posted By: Spazzoni Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
You are an idiot. Did you not read what I wrote? You are so stuck on "First day first thing, 7am" BS. I tried to explain a little but obviously you are more worried about proving your lame point than actually having a discussion. Your lame assumptions are so off base it is laughable. You have this generalization of a "slob" hunter and throw this kid and his father into that group because of your lack of commonsense and understanding. Blinded by your lack of understanding and your pride you can't see teh bigger picture outside of your little hunting area. So keep lumping your fellow hunters in groups and miss out on the wonderful diversity and fun that hunting brings to many in PA. Fighting amongst ourselves over legal hunting is what the anti's want.

The deer situation is not bad in our part of PA. We live on farms and our farms RELY ON THE CROP INCOME. I saw almost 50 deer the first day. Not sure what your problem is with the amount of deer, maybe you move too much or smell bad. We have too many and need to whack a bunch of does in our area.

The kid shot the deer tuesday evening, as I explained already. After passing up small bucks and does for 2 days. It is their property and if they want to shoot a doe they have the right to do so whenever they want. Lord knows they have too many does on the property.

If someone walks into teh woods and shoots one a 7am, good for them. What is "slob" about that? hunting within the confines of the laws is fine. Cry and moan about other people obeying laws and having a good time. Pretty lame.
Posted By: Lonny Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
You have now proven yourself to be a bigger azzhat than I previously perceived....

Yep, he just topped his own stupidity.
Posted By: maddog Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
I'm not sure azzhat truly descibes him.....what an idiot!

maddog
I have run into guys of his ilk many times. because he thinks a certain way, and anyone who doesn't agree with him are stupid and morons etc. then if he doesn't get his deer the way he feels like it he starts pissing and moaning how there aren't any deer and the wildlife managers are stupid and don't know anything and he perceives this or that and makes assumptions and then whines like a little girl and gets his panties in a bunch. in his mind he is king, everyone else is nothing. self centered asswhole.
here's a thought genius, if the majority thinks you're an idiot, and that you're wrong, think about it. its possible that they are right and you are wrong, rather than the other way around.

few things are worse than an idiot that shoots his mouth off, and then jumps on guys for disagreeing with him, rather than considering their point first and eating a little humble pie if need be
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
With all the attacks on this forum - I am going to post what I sent in private conversation to one of the morons that sent me a offline message -

You don't understand.
The people that complains that there is no deer and the slob hunters that goes out and shoots deer on the first day of rifle season at 7 AM.

There is two weeks of rifle season and you can shoot does any day of the week in some zones. In my zone you cannot shoot a doe until this Saturday. At the same time my zone - 2D is the largest producer of deer in the entire state - yet you must have 4 points to one antler unless you are a disabled or youth hunter.

No I do not owe this kid a apology - because it was his dad's friend who posted what a great hunter he is - and how proud of him he was that his kid schwacked a doe at first light.

You are not teaching a kid how to be a hunter when you are shooting the first deer that comes down the deer trail.

The only way you learn how to be a hunter is to pay your dues and spend time in the woods and when your only goal is to fill your tags as quickly as possible and leave - in my opinion - you are not a hunter.

It isn't that there isn't NO DEER, it's that there is a very limited amount of deer in the woods to hunt.

There are people who might only have saw one or two deer all this week, and there are people who has not seen any deer at all.

But my dad taught me half of what I know today and my dad hunted all day Monday and never saw a deer - which is the first time that has ever happened in his entire hunting career and he is 75 yrs old.

My one brother - I let sit in my tree stand and he came home and said he saw 11 bucks and 9 does.

My other brother sat in my favorite tree stand yesterday and shot a 7 point buck about noon when my other brother wanted to walk back to the truck to eat lunch.

Why he would want to walk back to the truck when he had a roof over his head, walls around him, a Kerosun heater to keep him warm - is beyond me.

Most hunters - and I use that term gently, hunts by their watch and not by their common sense. They look at their watch and they set dead lines, if nothing comes along by 8:30 I am going to do this, if nothing comes along by 9 AM I am going to do that.

The very first deer that kid saw was probably because they were late getting into the woods and they walked right up on a deer and his dad told him to shoot it because he wanted to fill the tags and only had a limited amount of time to do so and he wanted his kid to be successful.

One reason was because you were only allowed to shoot one deer per a year and I shot a buck most years, other years I did not get a doe license and other years beyond that - I did not yet acquire the necessary skills to be a proficient hunter to be able to walk into the woods by myself and shoot a doe in the two days that the state gave you for doe season.

They are making it too easy for people to walk into the woods and just shoot everything in sight.

The Game Commission already knows that a bunch of crap is going on and the hunters are displeased with their decision to let people shoot doe's on the first day and they have toughened up the laws against poaching and illegal kills.

The Game Commission realizes that they are selling too many tags and there is too many deer being harvested and that some areas do not even have a deer anymore in the woods to hunt.

There is nothing wrong with shooting a doe, but please - don't come on here one year bragging that you shot one on opening morning at 7 AM and come on here 5 years from now and blame the PGC that there is no more deer in Pennsylvania.

Teach your kids to be ethical hunters - teach them to let a doe walk on the first day and be more selective on which deer you do shoot and you can create a situation where it is more enjoyable for everyone. That was the point that I was trying to make and the point that I suppose the father friend of the boy that shot the doe understood when he read my post.

There is no law that says that you can't shoot a doe at 7 AM on the first day, but why do it? Are you really teaching your kids how to be a hunter when you shoot the first legal deer that walks down the trail?

You only learn how to be a hunter by going hunting multiple times and making mistakes - that is why it is called hunting and not getting.

Douchebeer...

Posted By: WGM Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10

You don't understand.

Wow ... you've obviously got issues that even the best professionals and strongest medications couldn't help ...

May God have pity on your poor soul ...
Posted By: FVA Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Can't tell for sure from the pic but maybe DB is one of those frustrated dykes Dogcatcher223 has to deal with at work.
Posted By: mathman Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
It's JWB syndrome.

x
Originally Posted by mathman
It's JWB syndrome.

"John Wilkes Booth"?

"Jealous whiny bitch"?
Posted By: mathman Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
"Jealous whiny bitch"?

Ding ding!

You don't understand.

Conclusive evidence that Duquesne Dumphuck's parents were likely brother and sister.

I usually stay away from name calling on these forums, but sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.

Duquensebeer, you are a presumptuous, pompous, sorry, judgmental, lame-assed sorry excuse for a human being.

What about the kid's actions was/were unethical? You don't know, you were not there. How could you make that assumption - unless you are a horrid, miserable piece of crap?

You assume that the kid had days or all week to hunt. How would you know that?

You piss and moan about people hunting all day and not seeing anything, yet you'd have a young hunter who is anxious for his first kill (which is not a bad thing) pass up an opportunity. An opportunity which; in your own words, may not come again that day/trip/season.

The young man had an opportunity to kill a deer.
He took it.
He has the rest of his life (speaking of which, why don't you get one?) to wait out the big one. If that is how he chooses to hunt.
If he does not choose that hunting style that does not make him unethical or a poor hunter.

I am astounded that a responsible intelligent adult would trash a kid for killing his first deer.

Someone shoulda told douchebeer earlier....

You don't understand.

Man you are crazy. Wanna ruin a kid on hunting quicker than anything is make him sit in the stand for days and not allow him to shoot anything. My boy is 4 and I promise you the first deer that steps out next year that is legal to shoot he'll be pulling the trigger on. I'm a selective hunter but I'm not going to punish my kid becuase of it. Apparently you don't have kids or either they really don't like you. The happiest/proudest moment of my hunting life will be when my son shoots his first deer, no matter what size it is. I promise you the kid didn't care if it was a buck or a doe. It's his first deer. If you do have kids do what you think is best for them, not for you.
Why is shooting a doe so bad>>> 1 buck can take care of several does...whack him and his 2 inch rack just to say you got a buck is ridiculous. This guy is full of ego and self centeredness. This is why people eat knuckle sandwhiches...I am not a fighter, but can you imagine the level of frustration if you actually sat down with this bird and tried to discuss this????? I would snap!

All I can leave you with Duquesnebeer is this: It must be real cute around your house!
Obviously, Doobiequeen is in the advanced stages of dumphukitude, as seen in her brain scan.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 257ROBT Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Originally Posted by Joe788
I usually stay away from name calling on these forums, but sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.

Duquensebeer, you are a presumptuous, pompous, sorry, judgmental, lame-assed sorry excuse for a human being.

What about the kid's actions was/were unethical? You don't know, you were not there. How could you make that assumption - unless you are a horrid, miserable piece of crap?

You assume that the kid had days or all week to hunt. How would you know that?

You piss and moan about people hunting all day and not seeing anything, yet you'd have a young hunter who is anxious for his first kill (which is not a bad thing) pass up an opportunity. An opportunity which; in your own words, may not come again that day/trip/season.

The young man had an opportunity to kill a deer.
He took it.
He has the rest of his life (speaking of which, why don't you get one?) to wait out the big one. If that is how he chooses to hunt.
If he does not choose that hunting style that does not make him unethical or a poor hunter.

I am astounded that a responsible intelligent adult would trash a kid for killing his first deer.

I agree completely!

I remember my first deer. It wasn't big, but I was happy as heck to get it and can still take you to the exact spot where I shot it and where I was sitting when I shot it. Oh ya, it was also the first legal deer that I saw on opening day! If someone wants to shoot the first legal deer they see, go for it!

Dale
Posted By: rost495 Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Originally Posted by summitsitter

You don't understand.

Man you are crazy. Wanna ruin a kid on hunting quicker than anything is make him sit in the stand for days and not allow him to shoot anything. My boy is 4 and I promise you the first deer that steps out next year that is legal to shoot he'll be pulling the trigger on. I'm a selective hunter but I'm not going to punish my kid becuase of it. Apparently you don't have kids or either they really don't like you. The happiest/proudest moment of my hunting life will be when my son shoots his first deer, no matter what size it is. I promise you the kid didn't care if it was a buck or a doe. It's his first deer. If you do have kids do what you think is best for them, not for you.

Plus 100 on this point... duq doesn't have a clue how kids operate, attention span etc... if he has kids, their first fishing trip is/was probably for muskies.... and its supposed to be for perch.. dingbat is light for a name.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Obviously, Doobiequeen is in the advanced stages of dumphukitude, as seen in her brain scan.

[Linked Image]

Right where you want em'... whistle...Grin..
Well, on that note.... You're still a dickhead.
Posted By: Savuti Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/02/10
Congrats to the boy! Well done.

I have to wonder if that Sierra entered the chest, unstabilized (if that's a word), and finished its journey sideways? Hell of an exit.

Pete

Wow, what a totally rude post!

I'm sure the young hunter was very proud to kill a doe. More "hunters" should be as proud instead of being the snob buck hunters many have become.

They took the young kid with hunting and that IS setting a good example.

Posted By: MagMarc Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
Originally Posted by tzone
Well, on that note.... You're still a dickhead.

+1000
Posted By: efw Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
I reread the OP's comments and he never said anything like what you're addressing??

You're a nut job. Based upon your second paragraph, you must be in the first category of hunters in Pa who complain that there "is" no deer, eh? If the game commission allows the harvesting of does then there are obviously enough to support this kid taking one.

Please pass along my congrats as well. Sounds like the kid can be grateful and proud.

If you want to see other amazing pics of wicked exits from SMKs on the various long range hunting forums/boards.
Posted By: Sportdog Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
I just recently finished hunting for three days with my grandson on his Thanksgiving school break. After two days of holding out for a buck, (his dad is a bucks only fair weather hunter who only hunts a couple days a season), he decided that he would take a doe if one offered a good shot. We saw nothing at all on day three. Both he and I wished he would have taken a doe on day one or two, rather than go home empty handed since he has never killed a deer. He'll have another chance in our late doe season here in Michigan when he comes to stay over Christmas. As for myself, I held out for a mature buck last year and had only tag soup to show for it. Since myself, my wife, and grandson all love to eat venison I shot a very nice mature doe on opening day of our gun season and was darn glad to take her. It's hunting and family that are most important and I say congrats to the young man in the OP. We need young hunters in our ranks.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
douchbeer has stepped to a new low in this thread. What a [bleep], I have yet to use the ignore feature but this guy may be the first one I put on that list!
Posted By: Notropis Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
Way to go there little fellow. Congratulations on your first deer. First day of the season or last day of the season; it does not matter. You killed a nice legal deer.

As an aside, the biologists like for people to kill does early because it gets them out of the way quickly so the deer not killed by hunters will have less competition during the harsh wintertime. I start shooting does for the freezer as soon as my buck hunting guests bag their bucks and go home. I shot one this morning and plan on shooting several more in the next few weeks.

Deer hunting was not always as easy as it is now where I live. I started 47 years ago in a time when very few deer were around. There were no deer at all on my own property. We hunted the local swamp (about 20,000 acres) for weeks with very few sightings and even fewer killings. We ran dogs through the swamps and shot the bucks with buckshot because the chance of a deer walking by a stand or even coming to a corn pile were quite low. Now they are a pest to the farmers and are quite easy to kill. (Old big bucks were never easy to kill and are still not very easy.) I like it that way and spend a lot of time and money keeping the deer on my farm well supplied with food and cover even though I usually only kill one or two deer (usually does) every year. My wall is already full of antlers and the freezer needs filling.

Do I feel justified in killing a doe at first light on the first day of the season because I "paid my dues" by enduring years of freezing on a dirt road in the middle of a swamp in the hope that a deer that probably did not exist might come into buckshot range of me. No, not at all. I feel justified because there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking any legal deer on any legal day by any legal means.
congrats to the young HUNTER. enough said
Posted By: battue Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
FIRST: Congrats to the new HUNTER!!!!

Now to the mixed up world of Duquesensy. This from one of your previous posts. Which I must add was your backhand response to another young hunter. Hmmmmm.

As a matter of fact, I would rather shoot a small doe as shoot a large buck. The meat tastes better in my opinion.

Then there is this twist of logic from this post:

That roof, four walls and heater? Yep, you really learn your woods skills with equipment like that.

And Deer sometimes move irrespective of hunter influence.

How many other personalities are lurking and yet to be revealed?
Posted By: MagMarc Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
Originally Posted by battue

That roof, four walls and heater? Yep, you really learn your woods skills with equipment like that.

And Deer sometimes move irrespective of hunter influence.

How many other personalities are lurking and yet to be revealed?

He probably rides a golf cart in like swampdouche to
Personally i like the bullet choice. I have shot several big game animals from Whitetail to Texas Dall Ram and none have yet to take a step. Only reason they are considered a match bullet is because the Military cant use them if they were a "hunting Bullet". Great shot kid and keep it up.
Posted By: wes7x57 Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
Congrats on your first deer!!!!
FWIW, we don't gut our deer either. We hang them up, dismantle, drag the carcass off.
Question for folks who butcher deer without gutting.
Do you cut out the inner loins? If not, you're discarding the best meat on the whole carcass.

Mmm, mmm good!

Posted By: EddyBo Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/03/10
When hanging by the rear legs you can push everything out of the way and get the tenders out no problems.
Posted By: Spazzoni Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/04/10
Originally Posted by EddyBo
When hanging by the rear legs you can push everything out of the way and get the tenders out no problems.

Yes very true. We call the tenders the "fish" You can get to it without breaking open the gut. Just push the gut sack over and cut it out from under the backbone.

I'll give it a try.

I've done road kills without gutting but only took back strap and hams that weren't damaged in the collision. Was scared to look inside so just left it.

ps
I notice the feller with the indigestion hasn't been back with further commentary.
A blessing, that.

Posted By: SKane Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/07/10

Your next good post will be your first. Just go away already.

And for the record, you spelled your handle wrong which surprises me NONE. (Duquesne Beer)

I am REALLY sorry I missed this the first time around. I agree with most here that you are the sorriest excuse for a human being that I have run across. You are a total waste of oxygen. You are robbing the rest of us. You should get on your knees and apologize to this young hunter. You are completely ignorant and I do NOT mean that in a nice way. mad mad mad mad
way to pee all over the kid's rainbow, douchebeer.

i suggest if you're gonna say something stupid in public try saying it to the mirror first and if you're okay with it then go ahead. otherwise, keep it to yourself.

and nice coat in your picture, BTW. another wally world mighty buckhunter.
Let's see here:

1. Kid had a desire to hunt..... Check
2. Kid had adequate equipment (not my choice of bullet but adequate) to harvest a deer..... Check
3. Kid had a license/tag to hunt legally..... Check
4. Kid had a mentor who took the time to take him..... Check
5. Kid was hunting on land he had permission on..... Check
6. It's was deer season..... Check
7. Kid saw a legal deer HE wanted as a first deer..... Check
8. Kid had permission to harvest that deer..... Check
9. It was a legal deer to harvest at that time and place..... Check
10. Kid made a good shot..... Check
11. Kids happy with his deer...... Check

Seems everything was on the up and up and the kid and his dad should be congratulated on the tasty vittles and teaching another generation to be ethical stewards of the resources.

Oops forgot one:
12. Douchebeer is a loud mouthed, egotistical, unapologetic, [bleep]..... Check
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/07/10
"The doe the little kid shot was on the very first day of the season. Even with the lack of deer as a whole in the State of Pennsylvania - there is no reason for someone to have to fill their tags 7:15 Am on the first day."

The biggest deer I ever took was on opening day, at 7:20 AM
One mile from the Village of Chardon Ohio
The game warden accused me of having the biggest doe in the county tied to a tree! LOL

I was home and skinning before 10 AM.

Please tell the young man, Congratulations from Ohio
Posted By: Spazzoni Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/07/10
Thanks everybody. The young man who shot this doe also bagged a nice 11pt yesterday. They suspect that the deer should go 130-135. I am trying to get some pics emailed to me, when I do I will post them up. From what I am being told, it is the biggest deer ever taken on their farm, and they have some nice ones hanging on walls.
I do believe that Karma is at play here. The off-base attack by Duck-Beer seems to have brought the young lad such great luck that he has now proudly attained the largest buck ever taken on the farm!

I wonder what fate Karma has in store for the Duck?
Posted By: tzone Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/08/10
Originally Posted by SKane

Your next good post will be your first. Just go away already.

grin
Posted By: tzone Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/08/10
Thanks everybody. The young man who shot this doe also bagged a nice 11pt yesterday. They suspect that the deer should go 130-135. I am trying to get some pics emailed to me, when I do I will post them up. From what I am being told, it is the biggest deer ever taken on their farm, and they have some nice ones hanging on walls.

This is great news. Can't wait to see the pics.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/08/10

Pics, yo, PICS!
Posted By: Scorpion Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/08/10
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Pics, yo, PICS!

+1
It's impossible he shot a doe the 1st morning....you can't possibly kill a buck after doing that.....GREAT for the kid!!!
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
It's impossible he shot a doe the 1st morning....you can't possibly kill a buck after doing that.....GREAT for the kid!!!

No schit! I thought everyone knew that once you killed a doe on the first day, the rest of the deer in the woods magically vanished for the rest of the season.
You don't understand.

This made it all clear. He is one more USP weanie who is upset that Pennsylvania balanced their deer herd. That means he can no longer so 40 plus does a day that are unshootable in regular season and for the first time in years 95% or all bucks are no longer shot by their second winter (a year and a half).

These fellows are not worried about balancing the herds or the negative impact that overpopulation may have on other animals such as grouse or other game and non game species. They are like the three year old who only knows what he wants and is not concerned for others or the consequences of their actions.

His beef is not really the kid, it is the PGC and he is taking his frustration out on something he can reach.
Originally Posted by Altjaeger
You don't understand.

This made it all clear. He is one more USP weanie who is upset that Pennsylvania balanced their deer herd. That means he can no longer so 40 plus does a day that are unshootable in regular season and for the first time in years 95% or all bucks are no longer shot by their second winter (a year and a half).

These fellows are not worried about balancing the herds or the negative impact that overpopulation may have on other animals such as grouse or other game and non game species. They are like the three year old who only knows what he wants and is not concerned for others or the consequences of their actions.

His beef is not really the kid, it is the PGC and he is taking his frustration out on something he can reach.

Big +1!

This statement is pretty much spot on in regards to the mindsets of many Pennsylvania hunters.
This doe was shot by my buddies 12yo son. It was his first deer ever and he was very proud. It was a nice sized doe for these parts and the young man made a great shot right. Broadside slight quarter, right behind the shoulder. What is surprising is the exit hole. He was using a 7mm08 with sierra matchking 130gr. Not sure why his father loaded match bullets for hunting. The deer was ranged at 152 yards. I would expect the bullet to have broken up inside the deer but it didn't. The exit hole was 6" long and 3-4" inches high. I could stick my fist through teh hole with no problems. All vitals were turned to jelly and the deer still ran 60 yards. Lung and a little gut (not punctured) are sticking through the exit hole. I am just shocked by the damage the little 130gr match bullet did to a good sized whitetail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You tell your boy good job from team chickenbuck in MN.

For my 2010 season I personally am still waiting for the "first deer" to cross my path or to simply lay eyes on.

If I do see that "first deer" for my season which is pretty much at it's end now.. I will shoot.

Spazzoni, thanks for posting & welcome to the campfire. We as a group, (the regular campfire sort) love seeing posts about young and or first time hunters of any age. We always commend and congratulate with great ambition.

douche is definately not "one of us"

Dave
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/10/10
Well said, Dave, and may the first deer you see this year be "da turty point buck"... wink
Posted By: 338jdj Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/10/10
Congrats to the young man!...the other guy is just a turd
Congrats to the kid ! Get them interested. Shame on the grown- ups ! The PGC is out of control on doe tags. I think it is for us the older hunters to manage their (PGC) problem. Yep, I like to see deer, lot's of them. I have, and still will, let a buck walk into a kid for opportunity. It is so cool to year a kid tell and relive his account for days. What I am seeing is little pony face does hanging at camps by noon the first day shot by grown adults. It is up to us because numbers have declined significantly in areas. Better allocation of tags should be conidered. I feel better that I have vented my 2 cents.
Posted By: 338jdj Re: PA doe (a little graphic) - 12/10/10
I have no problems shooting does..I will let every buck walk unless its a shooter, but it has to be a definite shooter. The area I hunt in we can take 3 does a day everyday of the season. Our season runs from mid Nov thru Jan 9....so I usually get my does out of the way early, that way I don't feel that I maybe shooting a pregnant doe
© 24hourcampfire