Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see here:

1. Kid had a desire to hunt..... Check
2. Kid had adequate equipment (not my choice of bullet but adequate) to harvest a deer..... Check
3. Kid had a license/tag to hunt legally..... Check
4. Kid had a mentor who took the time to take him..... Check
5. Kid was hunting on land he had permission on..... Check
6. It's was deer season..... Check
7. Kid saw a legal deer HE wanted as a first deer..... Check
8. Kid had permission to harvest that deer..... Check
9. It was a legal deer to harvest at that time and place..... Check
10. Kid made a good shot..... Check
11. Kids happy with his deer...... Check

Seems everything was on the up and up and the kid and his dad should be congratulated on the tasty vittles and teaching another generation to be ethical stewards of the resources.

Oops forgot one:
12. Douchebeer is a loud mouthed, egotistical, unapologetic, [bleep]..... Check

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
"The doe the little kid shot was on the very first day of the season. Even with the lack of deer as a whole in the State of Pennsylvania - there is no reason for someone to have to fill their tags 7:15 Am on the first day."

The biggest deer I ever took was on opening day, at 7:20 AM
One mile from the Village of Chardon Ohio
The game warden accused me of having the biggest doe in the county tied to a tree! LOL

I was home and skinning before 10 AM.

Please tell the young man, Congratulations from Ohio

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks everybody. The young man who shot this doe also bagged a nice 11pt yesterday. They suspect that the deer should go 130-135. I am trying to get some pics emailed to me, when I do I will post them up. From what I am being told, it is the biggest deer ever taken on their farm, and they have some nice ones hanging on walls.

Last edited by Spazzoni; 12/07/10.

Don't fruit the beer!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do believe that Karma is at play here. The off-base attack by Duck-Beer seems to have brought the young lad such great luck that he has now proudly attained the largest buck ever taken on the farm!

I wonder what fate Karma has in store for the Duck?

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane

Your next good post will be your first. Just go away already.

grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Spazzoni
Thanks everybody. The young man who shot this doe also bagged a nice 11pt yesterday. They suspect that the deer should go 130-135. I am trying to get some pics emailed to me, when I do I will post them up. From what I am being told, it is the biggest deer ever taken on their farm, and they have some nice ones hanging on walls.

This is great news. Can't wait to see the pics.

Camp is where you make it.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

Pics, yo, PICS!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Pics, yo, PICS!

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's impossible he shot a doe the 1st morning....you can't possibly kill a buck after doing that.....GREAT for the kid!!!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
It's impossible he shot a doe the 1st morning....you can't possibly kill a buck after doing that.....GREAT for the kid!!!

No schit! I thought everyone knew that once you killed a doe on the first day, the rest of the deer in the woods magically vanished for the rest of the season.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Duquensebeer
You don't understand.
There are two types of people In Pennsylvania right now.
The people that complains that there is no deer and the slob hunters that goes out and shoots deer on the first day of rifle season at 7 AM.

I am telling you - the deer situation is bad in Pennsylvania.
It isn't that there isn't NO DEER, it's that there is a very limited amount of deer in the woods to hunt.

This made it all clear. He is one more USP weanie who is upset that Pennsylvania balanced their deer herd. That means he can no longer so 40 plus does a day that are unshootable in regular season and for the first time in years 95% or all bucks are no longer shot by their second winter (a year and a half).

These fellows are not worried about balancing the herds or the negative impact that overpopulation may have on other animals such as grouse or other game and non game species. They are like the three year old who only knows what he wants and is not concerned for others or the consequences of their actions.

His beef is not really the kid, it is the PGC and he is taking his frustration out on something he can reach.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Altjaeger
Originally Posted by Duquensebeer
You don't understand.
There are two types of people In Pennsylvania right now.
The people that complains that there is no deer and the slob hunters that goes out and shoots deer on the first day of rifle season at 7 AM.

I am telling you - the deer situation is bad in Pennsylvania.
It isn't that there isn't NO DEER, it's that there is a very limited amount of deer in the woods to hunt.

This made it all clear. He is one more USP weanie who is upset that Pennsylvania balanced their deer herd. That means he can no longer so 40 plus does a day that are unshootable in regular season and for the first time in years 95% or all bucks are no longer shot by their second winter (a year and a half).

These fellows are not worried about balancing the herds or the negative impact that overpopulation may have on other animals such as grouse or other game and non game species. They are like the three year old who only knows what he wants and is not concerned for others or the consequences of their actions.

His beef is not really the kid, it is the PGC and he is taking his frustration out on something he can reach.

Big +1!

This statement is pretty much spot on in regards to the mindsets of many Pennsylvania hunters.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
This doe was shot by my buddies 12yo son. It was his first deer ever and he was very proud. It was a nice sized doe for these parts and the young man made a great shot right. Broadside slight quarter, right behind the shoulder. What is surprising is the exit hole. He was using a 7mm08 with sierra matchking 130gr. Not sure why his father loaded match bullets for hunting. The deer was ranged at 152 yards. I would expect the bullet to have broken up inside the deer but it didn't. The exit hole was 6" long and 3-4" inches high. I could stick my fist through teh hole with no problems. All vitals were turned to jelly and the deer still ran 60 yards. Lung and a little gut (not punctured) are sticking through the exit hole. I am just shocked by the damage the little 130gr match bullet did to a good sized whitetail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You tell your boy good job from team chickenbuck in MN.

For my 2010 season I personally am still waiting for the "first deer" to cross my path or to simply lay eyes on.

If I do see that "first deer" for my season which is pretty much at it's end now.. I will shoot.

Spazzoni, thanks for posting & welcome to the campfire. We as a group, (the regular campfire sort) love seeing posts about young and or first time hunters of any age. We always commend and congratulate with great ambition.

douche is definately not "one of us"

Dave

Something clever here.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well said, Dave, and may the first deer you see this year be "da turty point buck"... wink

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Congrats to the young man!...the other guy is just a turd

A man has got to know his limitations
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Congrats to the kid ! Get them interested. Shame on the grown- ups ! The PGC is out of control on doe tags. I think it is for us the older hunters to manage their (PGC) problem. Yep, I like to see deer, lot's of them. I have, and still will, let a buck walk into a kid for opportunity. It is so cool to year a kid tell and relive his account for days. What I am seeing is little pony face does hanging at camps by noon the first day shot by grown adults. It is up to us because numbers have declined significantly in areas. Better allocation of tags should be conidered. I feel better that I have vented my 2 cents.

RIDE HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND DON'T LIE !!

Trying to get to the point in life where all I need is
BEER.....BEANS...and...AMMO
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have no problems shooting does..I will let every buck walk unless its a shooter, but it has to be a definite shooter. The area I hunt in we can take 3 does a day everyday of the season. Our season runs from mid Nov thru Jan 9....so I usually get my does out of the way early, that way I don't feel that I maybe shooting a pregnant doe

A man has got to know his limitations
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 2five7, 66 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,076
Posts18,521,761
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.