Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by muledeer
Nope...I think he's about 17 and reads lots of magazines and watches lots of hunting TV shows... laugh.

Dennis

He do speaketh like a kielbasa. smile

notified

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
GB1

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Nope...I think he's about 17 and reads lots of magazines and watches lots of hunting TV shows... laugh.

Dennis

actually i'm 25 and probably more educated and more experienced in life than you

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Apparently not.

Don't forget to renew your F&S subscription. Be sure to ask for the ignoramus discount.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Polska
Polish

i'm in new york..

i'm 25

Do y'all really need to know anymore???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dennis

actually i'm 25 and probably more educated and more experienced in life than you

In this assumption, you most certainly have erred.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dennis

notified

Good luck with that. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
"Polska"...sorta says it all, eh?

just notified the moderator bub. keep it up.

Moderator asks if you can fill in the appropriate form:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dennis

Actually people with field experience looked at your questions and rebuffing of good advice, and concluded that you are young and inexperienced. You've since confirmed their assumptions. You could learn alot if you would just listen to people that have experience in the field, vs. those in field and stream trying to sell you equipment.

If you had both field experience in tough conditions, and also had taken a decent amount of game you'd come to two conclusions that rule out your choice of an aimpoint scope. The first conclusion is that the more complex something is, the more likely it is going to fail in the field, and if some is battery powered, the battery will die at the worst possible time. The only reason people have shifted from iron sights to telescopic sights (given that glass is still more fragile than iron) is that a good scope assists in accurately placing your shots.

And that is issue number two, you do not compromise your ability to accurately place the critical first shot by choosing something that might be a milisecond faster on up close shots. Make the first shot count, and you don't have to worry about the followup charging shot. Even the guides who are the ones that end up making the followup shots as a rule don't go to electronic sights, and for good reason.

Oh, I forgot the final conclusion. People that are overly concerned with followup shots and bear attacks tend to be jumpy and don't shoot well in the field. Most ofthen they muff up the first shots, where the bear is too far away to even do them any harm.

You need to become a proficient shot in the field, and underpressure. No amount of magic whizzbang gear will give you those skills. I'd trust my life to the guy with a blue worn -06 with a steel tubed weaver 4x that has spent decades using his rifle effectively, to the tyro with a new wizzbang charge stopper 500 that is fiddling with his gadgets.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Dennis

Actually people with field experience looked at your questions and rebuffing of good advice, and concluded that you are young and inexperienced. You've since confirmed their assumptions. You could learn alot if you would just listen to people that have experience in the field, vs. those in field and stream trying to sell you equipment.

If you had both field experience in tough conditions, and also had taken a decent amount of game you'd come to two conclusions that rule out your choice of an aimpoint scope. The first conclusion is that the more complex something is, the more likely it is going to fail in the field, and if some is battery powered, the battery will die at the worst possible time. The only reason people have shifted from iron sights to telescopic sights (given that glass is still more fragile than iron) is that a good scope assists in accurately placing your shots.

And that is issue number two, you do not compromise your ability to accurately place the critical first shot by choosing something that might be a milisecond faster on up close shots. Make the first shot count, and you don't have to worry about the followup charging shot. Even the guides who are the ones that end up making the followup shots as a rule don't go to electronic sights, and for good reason.

Oh, I forgot the final conclusion. People that are overly concerned with followup shots and bear attacks tend to be jumpy and don't shoot well in the field. Most ofthen they muff up the first shots, where the bear is too far away to even do them any harm.

You need to become a proficient shot in the field, and underpressure. No amount of magic whizzbang gear will give you those skills. I'd trust my life to the guy with a blue worn -06 with a steel tubed weaver 4x that has spent decades using his rifle effectively, to the tyro with a new wizzbang charge stopper 500 that is fiddling with his gadgets.

African guides don't use electronic sights I think more for liability in case of a law suit in case it failed... iron sights are something that can never fail if backing someone up so no chance of a mistake and watching a client get eaten in front of you or getting sued.

So the soldiers in IRaq and Afhganistan who used aimpoints had all their scopes fail? They were hunting in tougher conditions. I some how find it hard to believe. These aimpoints have a tougher outter shell and are more shock resistent then any scope on the market. It's not what the magazines say it's what i've found from researching and talking to people and learning about them.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
"Polska"...sorta says it all, eh?

just notified the moderator bub. keep it up.

Moderator asks if you can fill in the appropriate form:

[Linked Image]
\

Yea yea your a pussy, you hide behind a computer and your friends who are moderators... if i say anything wrong you'll have me kicked off. So who's the real pussy here? I'm not gonna waste calories arguing with someone on a computer. But if you want to ever meet up and settle this face to face, we can certainly do so.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
IC B3

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Dennis

notified

Good luck with that. wink

Hiding behind the moderator and a computer? What a coward you are.. you wanna talk trash lets meet up and see how tough you are.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's funny how one can go to the doctor and he'll send you on your way with a prescription, etc. and nary an argument. You assume he knows his biz because, well, that's what he does. Toss in an experienced guide that does his thing for a living, and, well, the "patient" knows better.

A rather trivial comparison? Yeah, maybe. But listening to BOTH can help you live a lot longer. wink

Well remember whent he doctors were prescribing ephedra and codiene and people got addicted to the codiene.. which by the way, still happens today. Also vicadin, perceset, and oxycontin... very highly abused. So doctor's are not always right

I trust Christ and my gut, not some doctor or person with a big head on a message board

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Better question is if they are so wonderful WHY AGAIN ARE YOU ASKING about their use then arguing with the comments?

You do know that hunting brown bear in Alaska is a bit different then 20 guys entering a 2 room house in Iraq with air and mortar support, right?

Your not serious are you? If you are... you need your head checked.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yea yea your a pussy, you hide behind a computer and your friends who are moderators... if i say anything wrong you'll have me kicked off. So who's the real pussy here? I'm not gonna waste calories arguing with someone on a computer. But if you want to ever meet up and settle this face to face, we can certainly do so.

Good grief Polska, you're breaking my heart here...Do Poles have a sense of humour? Are they all thin skinned as you???

For goodness sake, grow a set, your not the only "racial minority" on here!

Get your self a reputation as a "whiner" on here, and you might as well paint a target on yourself, life is going to be tough for you...

And for your information, you have to work damn hard to be banned on here...At times people give each other sh1t, but its the Internet, so who really gives a crap?

Last edited by Pete E; 12/13/10.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Your not serious are you? If you are... you need your head checked.

You need to read that line you just typed again slowly and then apply it to yourself. You've got one of the most experienced bear guides in Alaska (who also happens to have served time in combat as a grunt and a sniper) telling you to forget the aimpoint. You've got numerous other Alaskan's telling you the same thing. You ignore all their advice and then start challenging people to fight. Yeah, somebody needs to have their head checked alright.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Serenity now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Idon't have to agree with every single post... I wanted to see what the scope people said and I wanted to see why they dont' like dot sights. I don't have to just blindly follow and agree what every person on an internet chat board tells me... I use my own intelligence and common sense to evaluate someone's point of view and determine if it makes sense or not. It's called freedom. And i'm not arguing with anyone, i'm simply disagreeing and offering my opinion.. it's funny how someone is automatically "arguing" simply for disagreeing and offering another opinion... it's kind of hippocritical don't you think? You accuse someone of arguing, being stubborn, and being arrogant, yet you are acting the same way yourself.

And to all those who want to make fun of me for being Polish, your all cowards that have nothing better to do than sit on a message board and make fun of people.. in real life, I would snap your neck.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
in real life, I would snap your neck.

He's gone from fighting to killing in a matter of posts. You can't buy entertainment like this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Serenity now.

[Linked Image]

Looks like the sensible answer, doesn't it?

Can't help wondering if Lee24 doesn't have kin in Poland?

Last edited by Pete E; 12/13/10.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I liked it better when he was crying like a little girl.
Now I'm skeered.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (007FJ, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,159
Posts18,523,475
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.