J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Rman
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
To a degree this is amazing to me.

I build a product and it is relatively expensive in the market. I think it is top end but some would argue that.

How in the world do any of you goof balls think more exposure is a bad thing? When a guy has been successful in life and can afford a premium custom built rifle do you yokels think he will not be able to separate wheat from chaff??

We provide the best bang for the buck and no one has ever been willing to shoot against me (Pat, Scenarshooter is the exception).

BS walks and the real deal is evident for those that are interested.

John, I will shoot against you. With this I have no issues. I live a hell of lot closer than Calvin does. Good friends of mine have 10,000 acres we can shoot at. I have a spare room and kitchen in the basement. What I don't have is a production crew, camera man, and a pocket full of cash. So before you change the rules, I will state flat out that I simply can't afford to come visit you for this challange. What are we at anyway? 1 MOA target at 1500 yards, with one shot? I accept. I know the outcome, as most real shooters here, yourself included, already. When will you be up? I would like a little time to do some load development, and practice. A Chinook here will last about a week, and are fairly predictable. We had plus 6 today, and low winds, only about 10 to 15 mph. Is there anything else I can provide? I have a freezer full of fine steaks, of several kinds, a fairly well stocked bar, and a fridge full of beer. I have a few decent rifles, but nothing close to $6K worth. What do you say? If nothing else, you'll leave well fed, and watered.

R.

Bump for John, in case he got side-tracked...

Burns keeps ignoring this challenge

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it about you or the "turn-key package" you're peddling???

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm thinking that this gives me licence to chase John all over the forum, and pester him like a little yappy dog because he didn't accept my offer? Is that how this works?

R.

Yes lil man. Chase like the little yapping dog you are.

In Lil Fishes defense he at least pretended to be a shooter.

You don't know anything about me, what I am, or what I may or may not pretend to be. I accepted your challenge, in a very real way, and this is the best you can come up with? I don't wish to spend the time, or effort, to chase you around, as quite frankly, its beneath me to do so. Don't whine and cry when someone gives you what you want. I accepted, and offered, the best I could, to make this happen. The fact that you don't want to accept, kind of de-rails what you are trying to accomplish, no?

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, apparently what can be taken away from this exchange is that Burns is NOT confident in his "turn-key package" comparing favorably to the competition unless he's the one shooting the rifle?? [Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It got real quiet real fast, eh? Where are all your fans now Burns? You must be real busy answering all those PM's? I would have thought you would have jumped at the chance to put me in my place? A "pretend" shooter should be fairly easy to show up, right?

R.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Well, apparently what can be taken away from this exchange is that Burns is NOT confident in his "turn-key package" comparing favorably to the competition unless he's the one shooting the rifle??

Hell he won't even shoot against Rman

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If somebody is going to challenge somebody else to a shooting contest, don't be douchebag and expect THEM to travel to YOU. Get in your car, and go prove yourself.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
If somebody is going to challenge somebody else to a shooting contest, don't be douchebag and expect THEM to travel to YOU. Get in your car, and go prove yourself.

Truly a lesson in how NOT to sell products.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My money is on Burns. I'll put some green down if it happens, but I'm guessing it won't. I'll put money on Burns vs. any of the Big Stick or any of his nutfleas and will give Burns $100 towards his plane ticket to Alaska to outshoot all of them together at once.

I might even fly up there myself just to watch and drink beer...

And at the end of the day this makes everything look like it was time well spent.

Any bull any where. I will get it out no matter what. You will not walk to far.

PM with my Cell #

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT

Truly a lesson in how NOT to sell products.

BMT

Indeed. Thus my inquiry and confusion... I thought he was here to market and sell his products, not his personal shooting skill? [Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I accepted a challenge, I didn't make one. I also don't have John's obviously flush bank account. I did the best I could, with what I have. Hell Kurt, you're invited up here too. I'd be glad to have you for a vist. Like I said, the fridge is always full of beer. Might be a little strong, but you can handle it.

R.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see ya'll are acting like a bunch of mature, well mannered gentleman.

Carry on.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Burns gets to stay home and every one eles has to travel. Yea right

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking that this gives me licence to chase John all over the forum, and pester him like a little yappy dog because he didn't accept my offer? Is that how this works?

R.

Yes lil man. Chase like the little yapping dog you are.

In Lil Fishes defense he at least pretended to be a shooter.

Pretended? Strong words from one who pretends to be a custom rifle builder. Stick showed his shooting for what it was, no 'DELETE, re-take, Edit' then post video.

To a degree this is amazing to me.

I build a product and it is relatively expensive in the market. I think it is top end but some would argue that.

How in the world do any of you goof balls think more exposure is a bad thing? When a guy has been successful in life and can afford a premium custom built rifle do you yokels think he will not be able to separate wheat from chaff??

We provide the best bang for the buck and no one has ever been willing to shoot against me (Pat, Scenarshooter is the exception).

BS walks and the real deal is evident for those that are interested.

"relatively expensive" must be a 'relative phrase' but yes the Expensive part is true.

As to providing the 'best bang for the buck' how many of your rifles have won BR competition? Any competition? How many top shooters rifle's do you 'smith' since you are a 'custom rifle builder?'

I think the word "Premium" in the above post is an overstatement.

Premium to me denotes CUSTOM mfg. actions, TOP end custom stocks.

You charge 6K, which is about as high as any I know, yet use parts that are on the "LOWER End'....so calling Lower end components, a Premium Custom Rifle when assembled is just Bull...GreyBull.

A TRUE custom rifle, using a custom action, top end custom stock, trigger, barrel, etc. will not come up to half that price.

You are trying to disillusion those who watch your vids to accept that your vision of LR 'sniping' of game is what hunting is all about, w/an opportunity to feed their ego w/a turnkey package that will allow them to replicate that first shot w/clean kills. To tout the product, and your skills as exclusive only to Greybull, and yourself is a farce.

To promote what you do in the vids as hunting is highly debatable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am sorry but I thought you said Bump??

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

"Any bull any where"

Except Calgary.

R.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
I see ya'll are acting like a bunch of mature, well mannered gentleman.

Carry on.

Brian.

Of the highest order whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[/quote]

Any bull any where.

Except Calgary.

R. [/quote]

Lets not pretend you are any shakes as a shooter. Give me somethin before you want me to travel.

Lil Fish at least had a squad of fanboys.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 22 of 54 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 45 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,756
Posts18,514,833
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.