Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Rman

Any bull any where.

Except Calgary.

R. [/quote]

Lets not pretend you are any shakes as a shooter. Give me somethin before you want me to travel.

Lil Fish at least had a squad of fanboys. [/quote]

So now I have to qualify? I would think that it really wouldn't matter how I shot. I thought the challenge was open to anyone? What kind of proof would you like? I'm sure I could get a dead, frozen coyote, prop him up at 1500 yards, do some fancy filming and editing, then claim to have hit him in the face. Would that do it?

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BMT
Note to Self: Purchase next rifle from GAP.

Note to all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I guess that would be a start. When you challenge someone you need to actually be worthy of the challenge.

See when I challenged Lil Fish I agreed to travel because at that time he seemed like a worthy opponent based on the feedback from his fanboys on this site.

I actually agreed to travel to anywhere and at anytime but he ran and hid. That is how a challenge is done.

After seeing his sad sack shooting on videos he has posted I am really not interested in pursuing him anymore. It would just be a waste of time.

So what would make you a worthy opponent to test my shooting system against?? Please post some video of you doing great things.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm sure I could get a dead, frozen coyote, prop him up at 1500 yards, do some fancy filming and editing, then claim to have hit him in the face. Would that do it?

R.

Are you serious? I don't know John Burns or anybody that does, have never seen one of his rifles, and know about nothing of long range shooting, but it's pretty easy to tell that was authentic video.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
John, I already told you, I don't have a production and film crew. I don't even own a video camera. I am smart enough to know where this is going. Even if I had a film crew, and showed you, me, doing great things, it wouldn't be enough, or it would be edited, or whatever. Right? Rest assured, I wouldn't invite you up here if I didn't feel we were equally matched. I guess that's the problem with issuing a challenge. You never know who will accept. For all you know, I could be the sh&t, and shoot twice as good as you with half the gear. What else can I tell you? Is there anything else you would like to know?

R.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
I'm sure I could get a dead, frozen coyote, prop him up at 1500 yards, do some fancy filming and editing, then claim to have hit him in the face. Would that do it?

R.

Are you serious? I don't know John Burns or anybody that does, have never seen one of his rifles, and know about nothing of long range shooting, but it's pretty easy to tell that was authentic video.

It has to be real I saw it on TV

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

R.

Very unlike you, to take much, seriously. Especially this?

R.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hey Burns, ever hiked the Grand Canyon?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3 pages back, on a lunch hour

pay attention Mike!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well...make it worth his while. Shoot for BATF yellow sheets. You put up what you and John agree would equal the cost of one of his systems, then ya'll shoot. If you lose, John walks away with your rifle(s). If John loses, you get a GreyBull system.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hey Burns, ever hiked the Grand Canyon?

Ironbender,

Funny you should ask that as I have shot from the south rim to the north rim. I had to pack the steel targets on my wonderful mules from one side to the other but it was worth it.

I hope to next year be able to shoot from the North rim to the south rim to check the difference in elevation.

I will be using an aluminum bedding block.

If you take the time it takes it will take less time. That is very true.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Do you drink Dos Equis too?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don�t always drink beer, but when I do it is actually Sunshine Wheat from New Belgium.

Kinda [bleep] but what the heck.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Well...make it worth his while. Shoot for BATF yellow sheets. You put up what you and John agree would equal the cost of one of his systems, then ya'll shoot. If you lose, John walks away with your rifle(s). If John loses, you get a GreyBull system.

ain't that kinda the point?

seems to me that more than a few in the know as to what it takes to put together a good long range shooter take issue with the price of the Greybull system.

I would think if you're gonna put up pink sheets, it's just for the rifle you're shooting with.

though it could go too far the other way i reckon

hate to see some jabroni show up with some pos ole squirrel rifle with a tasco aboard and say "if'n you can beat me, this baby is yores"

though I could give a flyin flip much one way or another.

still it brought some mild entertainment to the screen for which I'm grateful

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't have a dog in this fight, just looking for more air time. You'll also see in my ad that I WILL travel to you.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...h/true/F_S_257_Weatherby_Mag#Post4689624

Weatherby Vanguard, McMillan Sako Classic stock, Talley lwt rings, Leupold 3.5-10x40 with target turrets. Comes with 80 rounds of loaded ammo (100gr Barnes XLC).

Once payment is received I will tell the buyer about the trigger and maybe what I know about the barrel. I guarantee that I can hit a Crown Royal box at 700 yards with rifle (drop chart included at no additional cost). If buyer can't hit a Crown Royal box at 700 yards with said rifle they have the option of having me travel to their location so that I can shoot the Crown Royal box at 700 yards (weather conditions must be optimal). Buyer pays for my round-trip 1st class plane ticket to their location to shoot box, along with a minimum of 3 days per-diem.

Rifle isn't aluminum bedded but for an additional $500 I will happily install a tactical Reynolds aluminum foil skim bedding prior to shipment.

Only $4300 plus shipping.

[Linked Image]

If purchased prior to Christmas I will also include a signed photo of me with rifle in a classy Christmas card.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Sportdog
Calvin Wins! He took you up on your challenge and you failed to accept. Time to fade into the sunset and come back when you can back your words. Congrats on the win Calvin. You have won by default.

In classic Stick-suck fashion, deflect and avoid the original issue.

So, since Burns challenged Stick, and he has yet to accept (or even acknowledge), I expect that you'll be high fiving and congratulating Burns on HIS "win"??

Will BS "fade into the sunset and come back when you can back your words"?

Funny how about half a dozen of the faithful religiously run to Stick's defense, when HE won't accept the original challenge, but now it's congrats time on a secondary, diversionary, challenge?

Have we all forgotten what brought this whole thread on originally?

Some things can always be counted on...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Such as you continually being a puzzy hurt bitch.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Coming from somebody better, I might care.

But it's just more of what I'd expect from you. whistle

Care to try again?

Page 23 of 54 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,565 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.