Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 54 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 53 54
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oregonyotebuster
Originally Posted by DINK
I don't get why people are jealous over what Burns charges for a rifle. I can't afford one but there are alot of people that can so who cares?

I don't get the whole "people are trying to buy skill" by buying a greybull rifle fight either. People are always trying to buying something they can't do. My sister's drive 50k-60k sports car's (maybe more) but the speed limit is the same if they drove a neon. They happen to have the money to buy the 50k-60k sports cars again who cares.

I think stick finally jumped on someone that is has probaly been called out many times before. If you make your living building custom rifles and shooting long range on video I have to believe that Burns has run into a loud mouth before.

Dink

I totally agree with what is said here. You can tell form seeing him on the TV shows John has put his time behind the trigger.

In this thread we are witnessing the "American Way". John Burns is competing in a free market and can price his product to what ever the market will bear. It is obvious he is successful. Individuals on the fire don't own stock in his company or are on his board of directors, therefore are naive to suggest his product and price won't sell in a free market.

I applaud Burns for risk taking and swimming with the sharks in a free market.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously?? That's it??

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by roundoak
It is obvious he is successful.

That's not what is painfully obvious.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by Oregonyotebuster
Originally Posted by DINK
I don't get why people are jealous over what Burns charges for a rifle. I can't afford one but there are alot of people that can so who cares?

I don't get the whole "people are trying to buy skill" by buying a greybull rifle fight either. People are always trying to buying something they can't do. My sister's drive 50k-60k sports car's (maybe more) but the speed limit is the same if they drove a neon. They happen to have the money to buy the 50k-60k sports cars again who cares.

I think stick finally jumped on someone that is has probaly been called out many times before. If you make your living building custom rifles and shooting long range on video I have to believe that Burns has run into a loud mouth before.

Dink

I totally agree with what is said here. You can tell form seeing him on the TV shows John has put his time behind the trigger.

In this thread we are witnessing the "American Way". John Burns is competing in a free market and can price his product to what ever the market will bear. It is obvious he is successful. Individuals on the fire don't own stock in his company or are on his board of directors, therefore are naive to suggest his product and price won't sell in a free market.

I applaud Burns for risk taking and swimming with the sharks in a free market.

I don't think anyone has disagreed with that.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Seriously?? That's it??

Check his earlier posts, or his site.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mr. Burns and Campfire crew,

I will make this simple.

Here is the "Reader's Digest" condensed version:

I have a unique pedigree as the guy behind the armorer's bench as well as behind the gun. Having spent a fair amount of time at factories like Fabrique Nationale, Knight's Armament, Remington, Colt Defense, etc, I know my way around precision equipment.

The .gov has given me the opportunity to work overseas as both an operator and the guy who maintains weapons systems from M24s, SR-25s/M110s to M249s and M203s.. I have been very fortunate to have been given this opportunity.

Here is what I am putting up on the table:

Send me one of your guns for a two week eval, along with 150 rounds. I will give it a fair and honest evaluation. I can run the gun considerably further than 1K, if that seems reasonable. Or we can set a limit if you like.

I will compare it against known equipment in my personal inventory, as well as against other known rifles belonging to other professional shooters, who will be glad to be unbiased participants. This can be done either KD range style or unknown.

I have no dog in this hunt, so a fair and honest eval will be the standard.

After the eval, I will ship it back to your FFL.

A couple of "at work" shots:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sincerely,
MackaySagebrush

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
700 action
HS Precision stock
"unnamed" barrel
Leupold 4.5-14x40 with custom reticle and knobs
Choice of three chamberings
Custom cut chamber
Initial load development and 100 rds of ammo

That's about it.

Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Seriously?? That's it??

Yep, that's it. For that kind of money I could have a "REAL" custom rifle built and then put a S&B on it and have money left over. OH, yea I already did that

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Mr.[Linked Image]

Sincerely,
MackaySagebrush

I see you have a top tier long range scope on that rifle.. Nice

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My question remains unanswered.... what exactly are you trying to sell Burns??

Your rifle which you proclaim as THE best turn-key package and second to none..... or your delusions of grandeur that you're the best shooter there is??

While I think it's great and refreshing that you have confidence in your shooting ability, and appear willing to put it to the test (on your terms it seems), it still doesn't have squat to do with your claims regarding your product.

You running around from thread to thread pounding your chest and issuing challenges is just conveniently taking emphasis off the REAL reason I thought brought you here.... peddling your wares. You don't seem to place to same amount of confidence in your product as you do your ego.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Mr. Burns and Campfire crew,

I will make this simple.

Here is the "Reader's Digest" condensed version:

I have a unique pedigree as the guy behind the armorer's bench as well as behind the gun. Having spent a fair amount of time at factories like Fabrique Nationale, Knight's Armament, Remington, Colt Defense, etc, I know my way around precision equipment.

The .gov has given me the opportunity to work overseas as both an operator and the guy who maintains weapons systems from M24s, SR-25s/M110s to M249s and M203s.. I have been very fortunate to have been given this opportunity.

Here is what I am putting up on the table:

Send me one of your guns for a two week eval, along with 150 rounds. I will give it a fair and honest evaluation. I can run the gun considerably further than 1K, if that seems reasonable. Or we can set a limit if you like.

I will compare it against known equipment in my personal inventory, as well as against other known rifles belonging to other professional shooters, who will be glad to be unbiased participants. This can be done either KD range style or unknown.

I have no dog in this hunt, so a fair and honest eval will be the standard.

After the eval, I will ship it back to your FFL.

A couple of "at work" shots:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sincerely,
MackaySagebrush

What say you Burns???

This would seem to me to be the BEST opportunity for you to lay to rest the questions and derision that have been brought on by your claims.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
My question remains unanswered.... what exactly are you trying to sell Burns??

Your rifle which you proclaim as THE best turn-key package and second to none..... or your delusions of grandeur that you're the best shooter there is??

While I think it's great and refreshing that you have confidence in your shooting ability, and appear willing to put it to the test (on your terms it seems), it still doesn't have squat to do with your claims regarding your product.

You running around from thread to thread pounding your chest and issuing challenges is just conveniently taking emphasis off the REAL reason I thought brought you here.... peddling your wares. You don't seem to place to same amount of confidence in your product as you do your ego.

He isn't interested in having his products tested against other products, he is interested in challenging someone to a shoot off that he thinks that he can beat.

I'd be willing to wager a health some that David Tubbs would out shoot him with his system and then switch systems and out shoot him again.

Of course this would only prove that Tubbs is a better shot, which I believe that he is. But if the shooter is taken out of the equation, then the equipment would have to stand on it's on.

A 4.5X14 Leupy ain't the best poor light long range hunting scope out there and that can easily be demonstrated

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he wants to prove how great his rifle is then he should have someone that doesn't shoot long range for a living use one of his rifles in a competition.

Steelhead

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

His rifles wiegh 10 pounds with a light wieght Leupy. I have a 300 Mag with a S&B that's lighter than that

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
He isn't interested in having his products tested against other products, he is interested in challenging someone to a shoot off that he thinks that he can beat.

I'd be willing to wager a health some that David Tubbs would out shoot him with his system and then switch systems and out shoot him again.

Of course this would only prove that Tubbs is a better shot, which I believe that he is. But if the shooter is taken out of the equation, then the equipment would have to stand on it's on.

A 4.5X14 Leupy ain't the best poor light long range hunting scope out there and that can easily be demonstrated

Exactly the point I've been alluding...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

50 frickin' pages!!!???

Did a shootin' match occur?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol......I don't believe so.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did she sell any rifles?.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
She thinks she did! That's the best part!

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

50 frickin' pages!!!???

Did a shootin' match occur?

Don't think so,and the one person who has been called out/challenged hasn't even posted on this thread. 50 pages means everyone is couped up inside with nothing to do.
Can someone post pics of some hot chicks?

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But as consolation, she supposedly received an untold number of adulating and adoring PM's congratulating on standing up to the big, bad, mean, foul mouthed bully Big Stick. grin

Page 25 of 54 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,994
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.