-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 54 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 53 54
S
S
If you double your price but lose half of your customers, you increase your profit.

Smith and Wesson and Ruger don't often cater to the wishes of the true believers and the knowledgeable because that isn't where the big sales are. More money in selling LCRs than they would ever make by bringing out a 5 shot SA in 480 Ruger. S&W has always made the dough with the j frame 38. An X frame may end up being profitable, but which one really drives the bottom line?

My take is that Burns doesn't care if he alienates a huge portion of the informed, skilled shooters because they're not his total target market and the exposure must be calculated to offset the vast negative word of mouth.

If value for money spent is your primary concern, you probably not in the target market.

If the guy gets a tiny percentage of the numbers exposed to his product as customers, he has done very well. The danger of bad word of mouth is changed and/or offset by the sheer numbers in cyberspace. The guy doesn't need to winnow that much wheat from a carload of chaff to be a success. Kind of like the success rates of direct mail campaigns but without near as much cost.

If you want the best and money is no object, perception can equal reality and the sizzle is as important as the steak.

FWIW., I sold my Freedom Arms 97 so I could afford more Rugers and Marlins. I appreciate top quality, but go with acceptable for budgetary reasons. If I had a watch I could sell for $12,000. I would.

Essay W.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In other words, those that know .... Know better.

JM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 340boy
A FailSafe?
I assume it did alright for you?

The Bear came in 2nd.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh
Well, I can see that!
wink

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still don't know why Stick just didn't strangle that bear.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He was running away and I waited as long as I could for him to turn,but it weren't gonna happen,so laced him with a speed ball in the Leather Cheerio at mebbe 40yds tops. That froze him(understatement).

Walked up,gived another through the shoulders,to knock the wiggle out. Best I can tell,them bullets still goin'.(grin)

Though I'm of course an X Man.

Mebbe a pun there too..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
High quality pissin' match goin' on here.

I might have to break out the NC Star equipped Stevens 200 and jump right in the middle of it.

I'll also need some footage of a coyote dying of a heart attack 1200 yards away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
He was running away and I waited as long as I could for him to turn,but it weren't gonna happen,so laced him with a speed ball in the Leather Cheerio at mebbe 40yds tops. That froze him(understatement).

Walked up,gived another through the shoulders,to knock the wiggle out. Best I can tell,them bullets still goin'.(grin)

Outstanding.
I would have liked to try a FS or three, but I am satisfied with the TSX and Partitions, though I have yet to wack anything as tough as that bruin you have there.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you'll need to upgrade to a Mossberg 4x4 with Brunton 3x9 to get involved in this Bristoe.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I still don't know why Stick just didn't strangle that bear.

In fairness,I don't spook easily.

RINK...............

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 340boy

Outstanding.
I would have liked to try a FS or three, but I am satisfied with the TSX and Partitions, though I have yet to wack anything as tough as that bruin you have there.

The FS is easily Winny's best in house effort,but hardly an X.................

S
S
1/10 of 1% will likely pay the bills. Alienating and stirring the 'fire are an excrable yet acceptable ways of doing bidness. Iss all about the Benjamins!!!

Essay W.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would like to see a picture of the crosseyed SOB,who'd bite that hook........................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't care for them to be that close...

We just started seeing them 4-5 years ago, but they have gotten plentiful in Tensas Parish.

First one I'd ever seen tried to follow me out of the woods one evening. When I'd stop he'd stop, sometimes he'd climb a tree and grunt.

When I started going again, he'd start back following me. I'm thinking I don't care for this as it's about dark and I still got a ways to go.

Didn't realize he was just curious at the time. I didn't want a 50K fine and a 6 month vacation in the pokey, but that bear came close to dying.

Now that I have been around them a little while, I understand them a little better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would like to see a picture of the crosseyed SOB,who'd bite that hook........................

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I prolly have a Bear Story or two...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's the only interesting one I have. I know more about bending light than bears....but I'm slowly learning.

I know i don't want them in my lap though. LOL

Hope we can hunt them in the not too distant future here.

S
S
For that money you could buy a dozen really expensive cotton dress shirts too. Don't know who buys them either, but know they are out there. Expensive is o.k. and apparently overpriced can actually be desirable. That is why I don't get the outrage on the price. The earlier P.T. Barnum reference was apt. A sucker IS born every day and if you are going to separate a fool and his money, do it with one that can afford it. Wal Mart can make billions from the working poor but Burn's target market is a bit more flush it seems. Rich ignorant Bubbas maybe.

Essay W.

PS I helped move $250,000 dollars worth of Steuben glass sculptures back when that was real money. Maybe a dozen cases the size of a big lawyers brief. Didn't even fill the trunk of the car really. But I was making $20k/yr and the owner probably made that before lunch most days. Reasonable enough to him.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SAWebbShooter
My take is that Burns doesn't care if he alienates a huge portion of the informed, skilled shooters because they're not his total target market

Obviously.

For $6000, that gun better come with a unit 9 AZ elk tag, and a call girl.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not just any call girl....one that can blow an elk bugle as well as suck the chrome off a trailer hitch
Here's a candidate...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 29 of 54 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,649
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.