-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 54 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 53 54
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
4K plus my action and that is without glass. They may be great rifles but I will pass. At least I can say my gunsmith knows Clay Spenser. With the NULA at least you get a custom action.

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If you think Burns has a racket, check out Christensen Arms...

Your right, and what about them hog rifles or whatever Clay Spenser calls them. How much does a NULA run? I see several posters here liking them.

The only rifle I paid close to six grand for was topped with a NXS was built on a BAT CT action in a McMillan and chambered in a one off wildcat....and it came with dies and 200 pieces of fireformed brass.

Spencer's rifles: http://spencerriflebarrels.com/completerifles.htm

Base price on a "Virginia Hog Rifle" is $4k, as is his "Professional Hunter", both of which built on your supplied action. His "standard hunter" is $2700+ on your action; "guide rifle" is $3700+, on your action.

NULAs run $3000-$3400, base: http://www.newultralight.com/HTML/custom-rifles.html

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Clay's rifles are simply stellar, and the accuracy guarantee is incredible.

Originally Posted by Spencer rifles
Rifle guaranteed to shoot 1/4" with Spencer, Bart, or AA bullets.

Though, he is FAR from cheap.

The barrels, he makes, and is one PICKY SOB about the steel and everything else that goes into it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just my opinion, as someone who just got done wading through 26 pages, that for a rifle that seems over priced, and doesn't even tell you everything that goes in it, John is acting awfully dickish on here. I know from just what I've seen I wouldn't want to spend 6G's, and from what I have seen here, be blamed for lack of skill if I have any issues with said 6G rifle....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
He shot it with a McMillan rifle in 300 win mag from what I read. Shot that moose with a 180gr Nosler Ballistic tip, 69 grains of IMR 4350 and Winchester Magnum primers. A Leupy MkIV 4.5-14x50 with mil dot reticle is his scope of choice.

Damn...

That moose just got absolutely pole-axed.

That bull was shot at 1100 meters, which is a hair over 1200 yards....by a guy out of Fort Nelson IIRC......

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by slopshot
Geez, Stick, not much too say other than that is some SERIOUS bear!

Congratulations!

p.s.: Those ears are kind of dink though, wink.

Serious?
Stand BS next to a 90lb sow and it would look Boone and Crockett.
All mustache and bravado.

always learning
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have heard that Spencer's rifles will shoot, only shot one of them.

I will put Don Geraci's rifles up against anything spenser builds.......and way quicker and cheaper, plus I get the componants I want.

It is really too bad we cant get thiise two on here and pit em. I am pretty sure they used to be good friends.

Last edited by EddyBo; 12/14/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, he made a mistake when he said 1100 meters, it was 1100 yards. If you go to that youtube page and read the comments you will see where he admitted saying it was yards, not meters. Still, that's a long freakin ways on a moose.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Here is another view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRgZWWfpXG4

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by EddyBo
I have heard that Spencer's rifles will shoot, only shot one of them.

I will put Don Geraci's rifles up against anything spenser builds.......and way quicker and cheaper, plus I get the componants I want.

It is really too bad we cant get thiise two on here and pit em. I am pretty sure they used to be good friends.

Not saying his stuff's the greatest, just putting up the info as someone asked about it earlier, and yeah, there are likely a number of builders who put together fantastic rifles, and can do the load development for you, for a range of prices, with any options you, or they, want to include.

As with any rifle, custom or not, it's all about what you (customer) wants or don't want, whether it be the rifle, the company, the builder, etc.

Your dime; your call.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by jwp475

That's freakin' hilarious!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Hmmmm, I wonder who that might be?? wink

grin
I know you have met him in person and think well of him, so I didn't want to say too much more!

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
STFU and buy the damn rifle!

How's that for sales pitch? smile

Mike,
pure and simple marketing genius!
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Mark, not W?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You girls still trying to see who can piss farther up the tree? laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark, not W?

Marc, yessir.

Sorry I brought him into this, I should have kept my trap shut, I suppose!
blush

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
FWIW, even Art thinks he's OK!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
We are in total agreement here. I am saying that my scopes and rifles are best understood by those that value performance.

Hey Burns,
I posed this question awhile back in the custom rifles forum, but must have missed it.
If you rifles/set-ups are the t!ts as they stand now, best there is as you have said... Then why are you having McMillan get set up to start molding you stocks?
Just a question.

Again since John Burns seems to keep missing this when I ask.
Simple question right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, even Art thinks he's OK!

Yeah, I may have got the wrong impression of the guy, easy to do on the internet, I have come to think.

Of course, Mike-you seem OK here, so what are YOU like in person, hmmm?
grin grin

j/k!

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Does anyone here shoot short-range or long range benchrest????

There are a LOT of Riflesmiths that build rifles that will put 5 rounds in a tenth of an inch at 100 yards. There are also a BUNCH that build rifles that will put 10 rounds in a 5" group at 1000 yards.

My 'Smith is one of those, and he doesn't charge 6k for a rifle! He built my first short-range BR rifle for $2200.00 without scope. It had a Stolle right bolt, left port action, Hart SS match grade barrel, a 2 oz. Jewell trigger, and a Lee Six stock complete with $275.00 paint job.

He has built me a number of 1000 yard BR rifles as well...........the last one was using a Remington 40X action, a Lilja SS match grade barrel, a Jewell 2 oz. trigger, and a McMillan Edge stock. Total cost?..........$1800.00. The action had already been trued-up ( another $150.00) but he opened the bolt-face to .308 size and added a Sako extractor.

I'd put my 'Smith up against anyone out there..........he has built rifles for a great number of folks around here, and they have all been very competitive.

So far, he has built a total of 6 rifles for me. One of them has 2 switch barrels in different chamberings, one has 4 switch barrels in 2 different chamberings each with different twists, and one has 2 switch barrels in different chamberings.

I will give his name via PM's only.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I had a similar impression from the abrasiveness. But Art says...

As for me, there are no shortages of detractors (they know who they are) for me to start dissing my own damn self!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 33 of 54 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,848
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.